Ebay and Nela

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good. So can you use a s*p*r*lex much sooner than you would a plazzi? The plazzi has made my life much easier so if the super flex is as everyone says, better then I can't wait to get mine.Started getting arthritis in my hands so anything to cut down the trowelling is a must now.

I would say the s*p*r*lex will make finishing a breeze for you. If you like the plazzis trust me you will bloody love the Nela s*p*r*lex :RpS_thumbsup:

Chris like you I like to chuck on the metres as well, and annoyingly with the builders that I do work for they are now half expecting a certain amount done now. With all these spats speedskims and new trowels I have definitely noticed more time on my hands which is great as I believe in trying anything if it makes my life easier as I work hard enough as it is being on my own with no labourer. My problem right now is that I have always used steel trowels but nowadays to get a replacement it seems you have to order as noone sells steel off the shelf no more. This is why I have ventured with trying the Nela bought the premium last week great delivery from P1SS, but blimey seriously need to break it in or try and persuade the rib to bend slightly way too straight, but to hold you know you have quality in your hand and really can't wait to get using it properly. So now I have to learn the new times as I am used to using steel but the times seem different to Stainless.

My pal is using the nela for rendering ,this will help break it in,its a nice trowel but its not ready for skim work out of the box, it reminds me of the tyzak of old,once broken in I expect it will be a good trowel, I still prefer the marshalltown myself but I have been using marshalltown 30 yrs long. The speedskim helps on big flat walls and ceilings other than this leave it in the van. I like having it there for these jobs,the s*p*r*lex trowels re helping saving my shoulder,also I can use a s*p*r*lex in either hand unlike a Normal trowel

Last edited:
I got a 14 Nela and gave it to one of my lads.he uses it for rendering and has now lost its shape!!
I too use a Marshalltown and probably won't change now

I got a 14 Nela and gave it to one of my lads.he uses it for rendering and has now lost its shape!!
I too use a Marshalltown and probably won't change now
Does he use it properly though,it's quite robust ,some spreads use trowels badly picking stuff up with the toe and the pull out the rivets,I know two spreads who have worked with me and I hate seeing them using trowels especially mine

My pal is using the nela for rendering ,this will help break it in,its a nice trowel but its not ready for skim work out of the box, it reminds me of the tyzak of old,once broken in I expect it will be a good trowel, I still prefer the marshalltown myself but I have been using marshalltown 30 yrs long. The speedskim helps on big flat walls and ceilings other than this leave it in the van. I like having it there for these jobs,the s*p*r*lex trowels re helping saving my shoulder,also I can use a s*p*r*lex in either hand unlike a Normal trowel

Agreed, the premium is not ready to finish straight out of the box. 9 out of 10 people are using the s*p*r*lex straight away though, obviously takes a bit of getting used to as its a change from the norm.

We are working on the Premium now so things will only get better. Cassie mentioned a while ago about how he spent 10 mins with the oil stone getting it ready, then it was perfect.

Cherrs deri i have used the refina s*p*r*lex for bout 18months now but still feel the plastic is a lovely finisher

Chris like you I like to chuck on the metres as well, and annoyingly with the builders that I do work for they are now half expecting a certain amount done now. With all these spats speedskims and new trowels I have definitely noticed more time on my hands which is great as I believe in trying anything if it makes my life easier as I work hard enough as it is being on my own with no labourer. My problem right now is that I have always used steel trowels but nowadays to get a replacement it seems you have to order as noone sells steel off the shelf no more. This is why I have ventured with trying the Nela bought the premium last week great delivery from P1SS, but blimey seriously need to break it in or try and persuade the rib to bend slightly way too straight, but to hold you know you have quality in your hand and really can't wait to get using it properly. So now I have to learn the new times as I am used to using steel but the times seem different to Stainless.

I know where your coming from with builders alike. I tend to price the job 1 fixed price then no quibbles. Or per m2. The dreaded day rate with these new tools is a sticky point and I am sure plenty on here have builders saying " you have time for another set". My simple answer to my builders is feck off. I know what you need to put on for a day rate and i certainly aint going to fill their pockets even more by putting more on and fecking myself up for nowt. We all know our job is all about speed and it will feck a part of your body up as it does catch up with us. I am the same as you No lab as once you have done it long enough we all get in to our own routines. I do get a lab in at times but its few and far between. The Nela premium trowels i have a 14" and 16" I have got the 14" to where i want it as i was "lucky" enough to have a good sized barn to screed out and used it to spread the gear about a bit and trowel over. Then spent a bit of time at home with wet and dry as to be fair it got that cement build up on it so i could not leave it alone :RpS_blushing:. Once you get there they are a nice trowel to lay on with but i will be honest i have not needed to finish with it due to using the Nela super flex.I am confidant it would finish a treat but not needed to. Persevere with it mate and im sure you wont look back as you said a quality tool once in your hand :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.