Dot & dab solid bands

Members online

(Kitchens mainly) do you solid band the 900mm (base units )
/and the 2.1s ( larder /towers ) so makes fixing units a walk in park ....

(Or fux it ;Everyman for themselves ?

I solid band the whole perimeter of every board I put up whatever room I’m in always safe than sorry for the sake of a couple of mins per board

Reactions: 000
If you don't want any callbacks and you don't want to screw over the kitchen-fitter (and the customer, if their walls go out of true when the cabinet fixings are tightened), then you know which path to take.

If you choose every man for himself (I know it's a popular option), then it's your karma you're dicing with :coffe:

No - kitchens just sit there

Amazing - so the wall units exist in zero gravity, do they? :popcorn:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dollar needs to be a saint - but it's only fair to the customer and to the kitchen fitter to give them a reasonably solid wall to fix into, instead of finding the boards bend when they screw the cabinets into the wall, all for want of a bit more dab behind them (y)

I always do continuous band around perimeters, soffits, electrical points etc. Best practice to also place solid bands to reveals, rads and anything else that’s going to be fixed to the wall.
lots of plumbers and kitchen fitters are wank and end up blaming the plasterer for their sort comings.

But lost count the times that I’ve asked for a plan or mark on the wall where fixtures are going to be fixed or hung.

Amazing - so the wall units exist in zero gravity, do they? :popcorn:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dollar needs to be a saint - but it's only fair to the customer and to the kitchen fitter to give them a reasonably solid wall to fix into, instead of finding the boards bend when they screw the cabinets into the wall, all for want of a bit more dab behind them (y)
He never mentioned wall units
Tall boy just needs one fixing to stop it raking

Your going to need that kitchen plan
If you cba .... I think it is good thing to do .

Then if there’s a partition (you have to add timber noggings ), or is that joiners job. ha .

Never done solid bands...if there is a fire it ain't gonna do sh*t. Use way more adhesive...just smash em up with some good dabs.

Got picked up by Building Control the other week - cut back some dot n dab to get a firm blockwork fix for a stove, forgot need to seal the cut edges. Fair call, gas fitter did it for me which I appreciate.
Now he's done I've got to do the metal studwork/cement board enclousure and b***y heavy stone hearth and suspended stone mantlepiece above the fire.

Please use a material other than bonding John or a @Retired Spread will be on your arse about it
giphy (29).gif