Dot and dab window reveal

Members online

I do the same but when I’m boarding over top of a window I cut notches into the board either side so the reveals or head aren’t taking any weight
I don't like to have cuts in line with the sides vertically or straight up from doors as seem to crack here if anywhere . Think it' from door/windows shutting .

I don't like to have cuts in line with the sides vertically or straight up from doors as seem to crack here if anywhere . Think it' from door/windows shutting .
There not in line, I cut a notch about 4” into each board so my top board is sat on

There not in line, I cut a notch about 4” into each board so my top board is sat on
I got ye mate . Just wondered if everyone keeps cuts away from here. I try to do one in center of Windows.and away from top of Door casing as they seem week spots in my experiance

Once did a job for a family member(allways probs when I work for family)On one wall every joint got a hairline crack . Plenty of dot down edge though cant remember if it was solid but would of been as near as. He asked what caused it . I said only thing I can think is with it being a old house . It' down to you n wife slamming doors when ye always arguing and its vibrating boards lol

Dabbing out a garage conv. today...window fitters/ suppliers made a beauty of it and it's left me with 50 mm to make up on one side... bit green on dabbing as I'm a k rend monkey really.
So question is....is double dabbing acceptable?

Dabbing out a garage conv. today...window fitters/ suppliers made a beauty of it and it's left me with 50 mm to make up on one side... bit green on dabbing as I'm a k rend monkey really.
So question is....is double dabbing acceptable?[/QUOTE
Yeah but if ye on bout side of a reveal big strong dots might get it

I would stud it if its that far out

Thank You for replys gents... big fat dabs it is.....double dabbing seemed logical but some how wrong....... unlike my second bottle of red!
Thank You and good night

What was stuck first here then?. :frenetico:.
Screenshot_2018-02-09-18-24-44.png

Apparently it Doesn't matter cause scottie will sort it.
Screenshot_2018-02-09-18-25-56.png

:crying:
And what about here?.
Screenshot_2018-02-09-18-23-58.png
:vomito:.

Again it makes no difference cause scottie will...... :fuckyou:will he fcuk .
Screenshot_2018-02-09-18-27-52.png

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-09-18-27-52.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-09-18-27-52.png
    402.7 KB · Views: 214
I got ye mate . Just wondered if everyone keeps cuts away from here. I try to do one in center of Windows.and away from top of Door casing as they seem week spots in my experiance

I never have cuts inline with window or door jambs either. Always try to board taper to taper or dry cut to dry cut too. Any cut outs for openings then used for reveals to minimise waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f**k me scottie, you’ve been spoilt there. Was is m2 price job to?

That's some of the better bits of boarding , almost looks like it grew there (y).

and yep its all pricework :nocausagracia:.
Still it normally drys straight.
Apart from that flared reveal that's fcuked:ROFLMAO:.

Does Stevie Wonder usually board in front of you? That is bad for a new build

I think the tape measures may need recalabrating to Greenwich mean time.

Why can't stevie wonder see his mates? :aburrido:

Cause he's married :LOL:.

I like my boards tight to the wall as possible :D makes the room bigger

It was tightass bramble in the middle, brickies did a fine job of the extension. Had to start in the middle go right to square up for the kitchen then left around the bifolds. 10mm middle 90mm right 40mm left. We do like a challenge

yep