Dot and dab the easy way for a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Firstly check the wall for plumb (upright) and straightness.

If the wall is plumb and straight then use a chalk line to put a line on the ceiling about 23mm out from the wall for 12.5mm board.

Now plumb down from the ceiling line to the floor at both ends of the wall and using the chalk line again put a line along the floor.

If the wall is out of plumb one way or the other either your ceiling line will need to be further out on the ceiling or your floor line will end up further away from the wall.

Now apply your adhesive at the correct spacings according to the size and thickness of the boards you are using (correct spacings can be found on BG or Lafarge Websites).

Push a board onto the adhesive and using a straight edge tap it back until it is in line with both the ceiling and floor lines you marked earlier and is straight within it's length.

If you work your way along the wall making sure that each board is along the floor and ceiling lines and in line with the previous board you will end up with a straight and plumb wall.

This is the method recommended by Lafarge and is very easy to do.

erm andy there is no mention of dots in your guide to dot and dabbing mate so you should just call it a guide to dabbing. not trying to make you look stupid mate, just pointing out the obvious ;)

kirk johnstone said:
erm andy there is no mention of dots in your guide to dot and dabbing mate so you should just call it a guide to dabbing. not trying to make you look stupid mate, just pointing out the obvious ;)

Erm thought it was obvious from the title , or are you just being argumentative ::)

no mate, but he shouldn't call it dot and dab if he aint using dots, i wrote a guide to dot and dabbing, and i think anyone that reads a book on plastering will find that my way is the true way ;)

It was 20 odd years ago when that's how we used to do it , but the term dot and dab as become some what generic for dabbing as it is now , like the term rendering , i still call it dot and dab even though i no longer use dots, just a term thats used thats all , stop nit picking ;)

kirk johnstone said:

Don't worry Kirk it's not me you're making look stupid, is it?

essexandy said:
kirk johnstone said:

Don't worry Kirk it's not me you're making look stupid, is it?
Right Kirk just read your guide to dot and dabbing (straight outa the old white book) so why are you hijacking this thread , all andy appears to be doing is giving an up to date and easier way of sticking boards to a wall , bet there is not one person that has used the old dot system on here for the last twenty years or so (not even you if your honest) lets try an keep it real for every ones benefit mate ???

take note i am gonna delete some responses to threads that have been hijacked co there is no need for all this bull thats happening and all it's gonna do is confuse the newby's and they are gonna think were all twatssss

Reactions: Azz
Status
Not open for further replies.