Dot and dab marks

Members online

Thanks kitchy. What about painting it before they are properly dry? I know there are a lot of variables but how long about would you expect before they dry properly? What is the worse thing that could happen from the spread of the dots isn't ideal?

Thanks kitchy. What about painting it before they are properly dry? I know there are a lot of variables but how long about would you expect before they dry properly? What is the worse thing that could happen from the spread of the dots isn't ideal?
Drying will be hard to predict as so many different variables,just don't worry about it give it a mis coat now the dots will eventually go and ull wonder wat u was worrying about..as regard to the dots if ur putting units etc against that wall with very little support bar a couple of dabs in middle of a board its just not ideal ur ment to solid band around the external walls to stop air getting between ur boards and bugs..bugs is a joke..defo dont worry about the dots

Thanks kitchy. Just 2 more quick questions. Paint or not before drys fully? And ball park time for when u would expect it to be fully dry, appreciate that there are lots of variables

Sorry, didn't see your reply. Thought my last post hadn't gone on . No units found on that wall , so should be fine . Thanks again

Thanks kitchy. Just 2 more quick questions. Paint or not before drys fully? And ball park time for when u would expect it to be fully dry, appreciate that there are lots of variables
Its dry already by looks of ur skim..just paint it I cant say wen ur dots will fully dry as id be guessing all I know is its nowt to worry about

Sorry, didn't see your reply. Thought my last post hadn't gone on . No units found on that wall , so should be fine . Thanks again
Just make sure ur kids dont run Riot then if you've got some as somebody leaning/falling into that wall will prob go thru it :)

Its dry already by looks of ur skim..just paint it I cant say wen ur dots will fully dry as id be guessing all I know is its nowt to worry about
Your wrong mate if he paints it he will regret it coz it will stain where all the dabs are. It's dried out five times by the sounds of things let's have it right it should only dry once unless there is a problem, he will be back I guarantee, them spots ain't going any where and will only get worse once the cold weather comes back. Did you google about the insulation?

Your wrong mate if he paints it he will regret it coz it will stain where all the dabs are. It's dried out five times by the sounds of things let's have it right it should only dry once unless there is a problem, he will be back I guarantee, them spots ain't going any where and will only get worse once the cold weather comes back. Did you google about the insulation?
If he's back in a month wen he's had dehumidifier in etc and the dabs re appear once painted ye panic stations but he's just had it done with sounds of it..sometimes dabs stay for a couple of weeks all depends lets just come bk to it in a month or so as we are only guessing I don't think he shud be going up to his builder wen he gets bk from holiday saying well all lads on plasterers forum are saying this and that he will look a rite tit..

If he's back in a month wen he's had dehumidifier in etc and the dabs re appear once painted ye panic stations but he's just had it done with sounds of it..sometimes dabs stay for a couple of weeks all depends lets just come bk to it in a month or so as we are only guessing I don't think he shud be going up to his builder wen he gets bk from holiday saying well all lads on plasterers forum are saying this and that he will look a rite tit..
Fair enough but the fact it's drying in the day then getting wet at night I can't see that getting any better.

I misread that actually your building is still damp could be a problem with the damp proof course your best bet is get a dehumidifier in there dry them out. If all fails yours next point is to address the damp proof you may need to inject.

Lol.what are you on about numpty?
Inject what?
It's just the dabs drying out
Get a dehumidifier in for a few days as said
Get a decent paint and crack on no worries
I've seen this loads

I've had dabs take 6 weeks to dry out especially if they are thick....just paint it. A good quality paint will cover and also let the wall dry out

Dob and dib is shite end of !!! Sand cement and skim but it's much too much hard work for some "plasterers" I use that term loosely. For some, if you can't dib and dob ? They can't do it?? Sad really as the skill set from a traditional professional plasterer is in rapid decline :(

I did wonder why I don't see d&d on external walls on site:rolleyes:? Now I know- cos is shite. The only time we do it is on coridors and staircases , should say why. The big difference , in most cases, between site and domestic is the last one is more cost dictated , hence the shocking stuff we see on here, but how can you say customer is not always right;)

Looks brilliant after the mist coat
image.jpeg

Looks brilliant after the mist coatView attachment 13273
Oh f**k lol @Kitchy @FreeD. lol this is not good at all mate if I was you I would hack a hole where one of the dabs are and just make sure they haven't used multi finish to dab with, never mind there are hardly any dabs this is shocking and like I said it's never gonna dry. Did you google insulation and if celotex should be used in the cavity?

Last edited:
Oh f**k lol @Kitchy @FreeD. lol this is not good at all mate if I was you I would hack a hole where one of the fans are and just make sure they haven't used multi finish to dab with, never mind there are hardly any dabs this is shocking and like I said it's never gonna dry. Did you google insulation and if celotex should be used in the cavity?

I'm glad I was agreeing with you in this thread. There is a serious problem somewhere

Looks brilliant after the mist coatView attachment 13273

I am really sorry , but you are another dickhead coming for advise on here when is too late and even so decided to listen to the biggest dickheads, which we know and we are not surprised of the answers, but do as they said in a first place before getting upset- f**k**g paint it and fit the kitchen , you won't see anything !!!!!. Why actualy you are asking questions and looking for advise on here? You have a builder you trust ! What's the problem? A few wet spots?

Last edited:
I am really sorry , but you are another dickhead coming for advise on here when is too late and even so decided to listen to the biggest dickheads, which we know and we are not surprised of the answers, but do as they said in a first place before getting upset- f**k**g paint it and fit the kitchen , you won't see anything !!!!!. Why actualy you are asking questions and looking for advise on here? You have a builder you trust ! What's the problem? A few wet spots?
Am now looking forward to this evening

Reactions: Pug

Dickhead? Bit harsh. Just a tongue in cheek pic and comment. I'm not upset either??! It's a plastering forum hence my original post

Hence I started with
Dickhead? Bit harsh. Just a tongue in cheek pic and comment. I'm not upset either??! It's a plastering forum hence my original post
I am sorry. The way you hugged the first proposal that suited you best made you part of the dick heads camp who dot and dab external walls . Tell me,was it your idea or the builders ?

You are not upset now and maybe looking at the funny side of it , but in long terms .... you will not like it. These spots will dry when your external wall and cavity is dry, which is almost impossible . The d&d in this case will transfer any moisture to the inside wall and how a paint will sort it is beyond me.

It was my builders idea, the plasterers didn't seem to think anything was wrong with doing it either. I didn't ' hug the first proposal' I read through the responses , spoke with the lads who plastered it and another plasterer that I know and decided that it seemed most likely that it was just the dabs drying out .
Hence I started with

I am sorry. The way you hugged the first proposal that suited you best made you part of the dick heads camp who dot and dab external walls . Tell me,was it your idea or the builders ?
n

You could call it a polka dot feature...on the third board hes not put a dab anywhere near your plug socket....whoever did the boarding is a massive cock....no idea on the damp side

It was my builders idea, the plasterers didn't seem to think anything was wrong with doing it either. I didn't ' hug the first proposal' I read through the responses , spoke with the lads who plastered it and another plasterer that I know and decided that it seemed most likely that it was just the dabs drying out .

n

Did they diluted the miscoat. The extra water can be tricky. Paint it with good quality paint and should be ok. If needed 4-5 passes . Job done.

Unfortunately, if you had chosen your plasterer off a new scheme BG are running, you wouldn't have a problem because you would have a guarantee :( the only thing I would suggest is gloss over the dots :whistle: