Dot and dab marks

Members online

Don't know tbh flynny. No one has mentioned before how does it work. Do you know where the holes will be and would you support that space with, let's say noggins , or something else .... I have seen some really bad failures on site and still not convinced a screw can hold it. I have seen it many times boards shifted only because the ply was not fixed proper to the studs . not getting into argument here, if it works on domestics that's fine by me. Was curious to see how it's done.
If it's a stud wall you usually have ply patress behind to carry the weight of the screw, if it's dabbed you fix to the block work with two screws though the hangers that carry the carcass.

Don't know tbh flynny. No one has mentioned before how does it work. Do you know where the holes will be and would you support that space with, let's say noggins , or something else .... I have seen some really bad failures on site and still not convinced a screw can hold it. I have seen it many times boards shifted only because the ply was not fixed proper to the studs . not getting into argument here, if it works on domestics that's fine by me. Was curious to see how it's done.
Oh and I don't argue about everything hahahahahahaha

Yes ply patress. Hangers is the malarkey I was referring to. Compared to the surface a ply is covering and the amount of weight that can carry........ hangers or brackets are proper malarkey .
Most carcasses are held on two hangers fixed with four screws /)

I don't get it if it's a cavity wall ie 100mm block 100mm cavity 100 block with rigid insulation or dritherm shouldn't be cold spots,I'm a time served spread but also a builder and that's what building regs say do built70-80 extensions over 30 years had this before but usually in winter when blockwork not100% dried out and goes after a few days,bizzare tbh as everyone saying not enough dots if I know there's wall unit's getting hung I put a solid run at2.1 from floor so decent background to fix too but if you can't read a tape go to top off door casing

It's used on water staining from let's say a leak but not how you described :) oh and injecting does f**k all aswell but that's another story :)
I stated it was a quick answer to a question not read properly as far as injecting.
How I described is what I sore with my own eyes not just made up , but seems you no it won't work already :)
I think your old school as far as most things are concerned on here anyway I'm sure you do fine with your own work as do I :)

I stated it was a quick answer to a question not read properly as far as injecting.
How I described is what I sore with my own eyes not just made up , but seems you no it won't work already :)
I think your old school as far as most things are concerned on here anyway I'm sure you do fine with your own work as do I :)
I am old school as far as most things concerning plastering because a lot of things don't need changing, I move with the times and am aware of most changes in this game. Somethings are ok but I think the basics get lost with all the bullshit coming out which is why there are problems, 99% of damp problems are man made problems which are simple to diagnose, it's not a disease as some would have you believe. :)

I am old school as far as most things concerning plastering because a lot of things don't need changing, I move with the times and am aware of most changes in this game. Somethings are ok but I think the basics get lost with all the bullshit coming out which is why there are problems, 99% of damp problems are man made problems which are simple to diagnose, it's not a disease as some would have you believe. :)
A lot of things don't need changing ? I think there's always things to improve with new innovations it's like black and white to colour.
I think you have to move forward with things or we'd still be like cavemen :)

It's used on water staining from let's say a leak but not how you described :) oh and injecting does f**k all aswell but that's another story :)
You know as well as I do flynnymarra that injection solves everything and tis the future.;-)

A lot of things don't need changing ? I think there's always things to improve with new innovations it's like black and white to colour.
I think you have to move forward with things or we'd still be like cavemen :)
It's f**k all like black and white to colour that's a stupid comparison, put it this way you don't need five different types of trowels to skim a wall, which is the point I was trying to make :)

Really? What was wrong with the skimming trowel in the first place?
It fecks your joints from repetitive over use maybe? As a tool I love my marshalltown but got to say after giving it a few tries speedskim makes flattening off less work and quicker...might give peoples wrists and elbows a few more years if they use it from being young

It fecks your joints from repetitive over use maybe? As a tool I love my marshalltown but got to say after giving it a few tries speedskim makes flattening off less work and quicker...might give peoples wrists and elbows a few more years if they use it from being young
That's marketing bullshit mate honestly, if you plaster correctly without making silly errors in your system that will look after your joints. There are so many things you can do to make things easier rather than harder before you have even started putting on never mind troweling up.

Never been on a job where external walls are floated and dividing walls dabbed, it's all board and skim now. Virtually no floating at all ever.

Never been on a job where external walls are floated and dividing walls dabbed, it's all board and skim now. Virtually no floating at all ever.
I just quoted for an extension all floated, the builder was bargaining over the phone for 15 min on the price on Friday, then called on Saturday that he found someone much cheaper, at least he had the decency to call.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's marketing bullshit mate honestly, if you plaster correctly without making silly errors in your system that will look after your joints. There are so many things you can do to make things easier rather than harder before you have even started putting on never mind troweling up.
Speedskim is easier than a trowel flatten off, and faster, gives more time to prep other areas.....not going to argue it with you anyway as know your happy to drag it out for 20 pages and I cant be arsed.

Was it sand cement or hardwall/toughcoat? I wonder if it was the builders preference to float or the architects.

Speedskim is easier than a trowel flatten off, and faster, gives more time to prep other areas.....not going to argue it with you anyway as know your happy to drag it out for 20 pages and I cant be arsed.
If you can lay on flat and leave no lines you don't need speedskim, I've seen a guy get his first coat on lovely and tidy, no need to flatten. Sadly not me, I get it on and flatten in after, whether that be by trowel or spat. But some guys don't need Speedskim.

You have been at it less than twelve months mate so I won't waste my time :) you seriously have not got a clue, it's not a dig just a fact. Like what's been said in the past you will read these posts back in two years and blush :)

If you can lay on flat and leave no lines you don't need speedskim, I've seen a guy get his first coat on lovely and tidy, no need to flatten. Sadly not me, I get it on and flatten in after, whether that be by trowel or spat. But some guys don't need Speedskim.
Exactly :)

I just quoted for an extension all floated, the builder was bargaining over the phone for 15 min on the price on Friday, then called on Saturday that he found someone much cheaper, at least he had the decency to call.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
If it was me he was on the phone with the phone call would have been a lot quicker than that. But he did ring back bless him. The c**t only phoned u back to let you know he got it cheaper. There is a good chance on his next job he will phone you for a quote. I've seen this before. Just tell him he can't afford you. They hate when you use that one.

I can rough on without leaving a single line then lay down just the same, never needing to flatten so I'm saving my joints there :)

You have been at it less than twelve months mate so I won't waste my time :) you seriously have not got a clue, it's not a dig just a fact. Like what's been said in the past you will read these posts back in two years and blush :)
Like I said not into an argument tonight..have a good night and get back down the pub to all that fanny