Done it at last

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't even thought about insurance!

More metres per day sounds good, have you had to change to 2 sets or are you still managing 3? Are you using the ritmo currie or are you waiting for a genny too?

So what is the cost to insure these machines and genny a year.

I've got £12 1/2k of plant cover included in my business insurance, which is enough to cover the Ritmo genny and my cement mixers, the whole lot was only £430 all in.

Hadn't even thought about insurance!

More metres per day sounds good, have you had to change to 2 sets or are you still managing 3? Are you using the ritmo currie or are you waiting for a genny too?

Genny recieved on saturday but we have no skimmin untill after christmas now i think. Once the machine is running we will do 1 very large rolling hit a day

Should be a good start to the new year then!
Did you say Ur a 3 man gang? The 1 large rolling set sounds ideal hope it works.

Lol, how bout you Andy? Did Ur genny turn up? Are you going to try similar plan of attack? As in 1 large rolling set?

I've been hand applying the Spray Finish for the last couple of weeks and to be honest I'm not totally sold on it as yet.
Personally I don't like doing massive hits, much preferring to get my tea breaks on time to keep myself as fresh as is possible.

The spray skim is similar to the kanuf stuff and takes a little getting used to. But once you get you head around it allows you to get a finish on par with multi but you can easily put more on in a day, so it is a superior product. In fact i have started to use it for 2 coat overskims as well and its lovely for that as the first coat it bulks up very quickly. Spronges very nice aswell

In terms of cost its more or less the same as one bag goes further.

got battered last night so sorry for spelling!

Can you use it over pva and reskims can you?

What about artex?..

yep and its nice for 2 coating on older stuff as the first coat stiffens a fair bit after a 10 mins

It takes 2 hours to go off and 10 minutes to pick up .......also when it's gone off it's still workable....keep em coming This is mint lol

It takes 2 hours to go off and 10 minutes to pick up .......also when it's gone off it's still workable....keep em coming This is mint lol

It's magic dust Dave and I can sell you a bag for the knock down price your prize cow. Come on get in the panto spirit.

i still cant see the prob with spraying multi. i think its all a con. id just rather do it in 2 hits.

**** me, I trowel up with half a sandwich in 1 hand and fetching the water is about as close as I get to a break!

I must be doin somat wrong :D

I've been hand applying the Spray Finish for the last couple of weeks and to be honest I'm not totally sold on it as yet.
Personally I don't like doing massive hits, much preferring to get my tea breaks on time to keep myself as fresh as is possible.

God I'm a noob, this is what I wanted to quote!

It is mint, its sprayed wetter then multi, picks up after 10 mins so u flatten it off before that , then can be finished in 1hr 50mins but can still be sorted out later if need be.

For over skims if mixed thicker i still stiffens in 10 mins so you can go back over it a new coat and its nice.

Actually its s**t dont use it, ill struggle on by myself. Its going to be hard but im sure i will do alright.
:RpS_thumbsup:

I was taught by my old man years ago that constantly going without breaks and working longer hours is not the answer. Eight til four with two tea breaks has always worked for me.

ha. im not sure if someone said it, but you are the only one whos got it!

if u wanna shift some finish i might have some off you. where about in essex are u?

I was taught by my old man years ago that constantly going without breaks and working longer hours is not the answer. Eight til four with two tea breaks has always worked for me.

As much as I'd love to, I really can't afford to stop. If the prices ever go back up, I will definatley be stopping for breaks.
I take it your still waiting for your genny andy?

As much as I'd love to, I really can't afford to stop. If the prices ever go back up, I will definatley be stopping for breaks.
I take it your still waiting for your genny andy?

About twenty years ago my old man came to subby some houses of me, we just happened to be doing the same type of house and started on the same day. He worked from 8 til 4 just as he always had but I worked from 7.30 til at least 5 every day, and yet he finished his house a day quicker than me. I said to him that I couldn't see where I was losing the time, and he just replied, "you're totally ******, I look at you every morning and you still look tired from the previous day and you're just getting slower and slower. You need to cut your hours back". And that's just what I did, I cut back to working 8 til 4 with a half hour break at about 10 and again at 1. It took about three months until I was rattling the houses out at the same or quicker times than my dad, but it's a lesson I've never forgotten. Stay fresh and move quickly, apart from working in a methodical manner, speed of hand is what makes a fast spread IMO.
Should have the genny by next week so we'll get the Ritmo buzzing after Xmas.

both andy the cpi and the finish seen it done by knauf a few years ago but they ****** it up and blocked the machine up

Andy I'd love to come down and see it spraying finish. Especially with it been a real world situation.
You could also teach me the 'break' you mention :)

Teaching someone how to have a break is easy, teaching them how to get up and back at it afterwards ain't so easy!

both andy the cpi and the finish seen it done by knauf a few years ago but they ****** it up and blocked the machine up

I'm going to take that as a vote of confidence that we wont do the same:RpS_cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.