Dominic Raab

1200px-Official_portrait_of_Dominic_Raab_crop_2.jpg

He's looking for brownie points after taking the waata in and abandoning the good ship government

Checked the just giving page last night..

..https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/plasterersforjosh?utm_term=exx7dPyQ6

Last time we started to pick up donations from people outside of the forum but now we've a donation from someone in the public eye. Dominic Raab the former Brexit secretary.

No problem Oliver, the rendering's still looking fantastic and the sale of the barn has gone through now. So I'll be in touch about the interior of cottage once the 'other business' is finished with in March.

No problem Oliver, the rendering's still looking fantastic and the sale of the barn has gone through now. So I'll be in touch about the interior of cottage once the 'other business' is finished with in March.
I look forward to it , thank you Dominic

Any chance of some photos when you get a chance please. I know your busy

So, Dominic, whadya think? After deal is thrown out on 11th dec, we'll either have another general election with possibly you as the Tory leader, taking on Corbyn, or another vote. Options 1) WTO 2) May deal 3) Remain. @DominicRaab

So, Dominic, whadya think? After deal is thrown out on 11th dec, we'll either have another general election with possibly you as the Tory leader, taking on Corbyn, or another vote. Options 1) WTO 2) May deal 3) Remain. @DominicRaab

One of the most frustrating aspects of a career in politics is having to 'stick to the script'. So unfortunately I can't tell you anything new.

I will say however, changes are afoot which will make some people very happy, and some equally unhappy.

One of the most frustrating aspects of a career in politics is having to 'stick to the script'. So unfortunately I can't tell you anything new.

I will say however, changes are afoot which will make some people very happy, and some equally unhappy.
Bit like my marriage..............one of us is often happy.......and the other one....well.....

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Whatever happens next I just hope those with influence remain cool and at least ponder the notion that Carney's no deal forecast might 'not' be scare tactics. My son will be looking for a job in a few years time (I'm the same age as you, born in March '74). I hope his generation will not be known as the lost generation.

The big question for me at the moment is where the fcuk is the opposition? Conservatives are still ahead in the polls even though they're in charge of an utter sh1t show.

The universe question is why non of the brexiteers stood up to the challenge and took over no10 after the vote?

Thank our lucky stars that no one did, otherwise we might have been facing a hard Brexit deal right now. That was their gravest mistake though, putting a remainer in.

Thank our lucky stars that no one did, otherwise we might have been facing a hard Brexit deal right now. That was their gravest mistake though, putting a remainer in.
There is no win and they know it , hence no one stepped up! It’s political suicide!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Whatever happens next I just hope those with influence remain cool and at least ponder the notion that Carney's no deal forecast might 'not' be scare tactics. My son will be looking for a job in a few years time (I'm the same age as you, born in March '74). I hope his generation will not be known as the lost generation.

Mr Carney's warnings are based on the premise that those things are allowed to go unchecked, without any action being taken to avoid or mitigate those events. Whilst I respect Mr Carney as a person, that is patently nonsense as no government, of any political outlook, would do such a thing.

The universe question is why non of the brexiteers stood up to the challenge and took over no10 after the vote?

I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say that it's all a question of timing. Jumping the gun by acting before the vote on the 11th would make matters very difficult.

Making changes after the vote on the other hand would make it a natural progression.

I would suggest that the gravest mistake, born from arrogance, a lack of foresight, and a being so disconnected from the waves of dissatisfaction expressed by electorates across Europe, was made by the EU commission. Had they but thrown David Cameron a bone when he visited them prior to the referendum it would never have taken place.

Instead of recognising the coming storm, they shoo'd him away like a servant who had presumed too much. They are now reaping the fruits of their arrogant dismissal, and leaving the UK in a no win position.

The original comon market free trade agreement was accepted and good for the few similar wealth and societal structures of western European country members.
It's what it has and is evolving into that is the problem for many, and as more of the plan was exposed then the angrier the ordinary citizens became. Distrust of politicians here and over there has grown even more rapidly over the last decade.
And I can't see it being reversed while we are lead by the least among us !

Mr Carney's warnings are based on the premise that those things are allowed to go unchecked, without any action being taken to avoid or mitigate those events. Whilst I respect Mr Carney as a person, that is patently nonsense as no government, of any political outlook, would do such a thing.
The assumption being that to mitigate such events, new trade deals would need to be in place, which can't formally commence until negotiations start during transition. I'm sure, as you've been at the heart of things you know what discussions have been taking place between the department of international trade and other countries, but nothing is set and it will take way longer than the transition period allows, so how can the fallout be mitigated in this respect? They will want their concessions and alignments too. India I believe requiring relaxed visa conditions, America sending God knows what over here that might contravene our animal welfare legislation and a piece of the NHS pie. I am with you on the arrogance of Brussels though and how they responded to Cameron, which they must be deeply regretting now.