Just over a grand?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Always fancied that. Part way up a mountain with a couple of decent rifles, maybe a 50 cal Barrett set up at the entrance and a decent field of fire cut back for a kilometre or so on the approach.

:reloco:

I’d love to go all Ray mears and see if I could survive in a forest! Though not near your cave and sniper rifle!

Always fancied that. Part way up a mountain with a couple of decent rifles, maybe a 50 cal Barrett set up at the entrance and a decent field of fire cut back for a kilometre or so on the approach.

:reloco:

I’d love to go all Ray mears and see if I could survive in a forest! Though not near your cave and sniper rifle!
Anyway never mind that, I’m waiting for your reply to my question about bricks and water in another thread :rebotando:

I didn't read most of the back and forth, I won't donate, I did before and did on Eddie's as well, and was shocked how few donated for him, I felt his cause was more worthy than any poxy charity and still not even a grand raised, now that's shocking.

I didn't read most of the back and forth, I won't donate, I did before and did on Eddie's as well, and was shocked how few donated for him, I felt his cause was more worthy than any poxy charity and still not even a grand raised, now that's shocking.

I must admit I was surprised by that at the time.

I guess everyone has their limits/principles with charities. As I mentioned before, the only 'people' charities I've donated to have been the three on here, and that was because they were on here. Other than that I only donate to animal charities.

Maybe it's my affinity with animals that keeps me visiting this forum? :p

I understand your point. But there’s people like me who didn’t come here for advice, I came here for a laugh. I assumed most of the others did too.
Couldn agree more mate! Not much to say about artex and skimming over it it's a joke.

I was a saddened by that too. Id put my hand in my pocket for any of you if you were unwell or had an accident

It's a complicated thing when you think about it.

For any given charity people will donate because they're nice and/or sympathetic, feel guilty, think 'there but for the grace' etc. moral obligation. People won't donate because of the same reasons or reverse, plus they don't want to be 'had' by a dodgy organisation, think whatever it is was self-inflicted, 'not my problem' or they're p1ssed off with humanity in general.

It's a complicated thing when you think about it.

For any given charity people will donate because they're nice and/or sympathetic, feel guilty, think 'there but for the grace' etc. moral obligation. People won't donate because of the same reasons or reverse, plus they don't want to be 'had' by a dodgy organisation, think whatever it is was self-inflicted, 'not my problem' or they're p1ssed off with humanity in general.

Yeah, but then there is the flip side. That you know literally nothing about that person.

They might have a sibling that’s ill, whom they’re supporting, they might be earning s**t money, hell, they might even be a degenerate gambling alcoholic in denial like me.

Yeah, but then there is the flip side. That you know literally nothing about that person.

They might have a sibling that’s ill, whom they’re supporting, they might be earning s**t money, hell, they might even be a degenerate gambling alcoholic in denial like me.

If it's someone I know, then I have that information. If I don't know them then I don't need to know about them, and being honest I don't really care.

I find that with everyone you meet it's best to start off by presuming they're a c**t and wait to be proved wrong. It's quite depressing how infrequently you are.

Hate to say it but im with @lurpak on this.

Pushing people to feel obligated to donate will eventualy mean people will just get pissed off with it and people will not want to get involved.

Certainlt dont appreciate @imago post to rally funds even though his heart is in the right place as its not needed.

Tbf we could all have a charity in mind every week but like @lurpal says where do you draw the line.

I lost my best mate and work partner around 2years ago to cancer and his now widow has set up a charity for familys going through similar etc and as admirable as it is its now starting to grate a few of us with the constant events we feel obliged to get involved in and fund every other month.

Hate to say it but im with @lurpak on this.

Pushing people to feel obligated to donate will eventualy mean people will just get pissed off with it and people will not want to get involved.

Certainlt dont appreciate @imago post to rally funds even though his heart is in the right place as its not needed.

Tbf we could all have a charity in mind every week but like @lurpal says where do you draw the line.

I lost my best mate and work partner around 2years ago to cancer and his now widow has set up a charity for familys going through similar etc and as admirable as it is its now starting to grate a few of us with the constant events we feel obliged to get involved in and fund every other month.
It’s a fair point either way. I like larrys point about this being a community spirit thing, especially when you think about zolco said about when Irish spread was ill.

But at the same time it’s completely up to the individual. I don’t know how flush or skint people are either and it’s none of my business.

Anyone who can or would like to donate to this fundraiser though it’s very much appreciated.

I’m sorry to hear about your mate zombie