Does this rendering look acceptable?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way he's guna get his money back the guy who did it is obviously a rogue trader and has no morals by leaving the job like that in the 1st place and charging that much

It's a three bed semi detached-can anyone give an estimate of what it would cost to re render it. I had someone from mybuilder come over who thought rather than taking all the render off it is possible to just plaster over what's there. Does that sound right? Here's some pics to give an idea of the size.

P8311461.JPG
P8311466.JPG
P8311464.JPG

There's no way he's guna get his money back the guy who did it is obviously a rogue trader and has no morals by leaving the job like that in the 1st place and charging that much
He is actually a very well off english builder who is kind of related to us! He came highly recommended. I think he thought we'd be to thick to realise the work is rubbish. His lot did the inside plastering too-it is also rubbish.

Paper
It's a three bed semi detached-can anyone give an estimate of what it would cost to re render it. I had someone from mybuilder come over who thought rather than taking all the render off it is possible to just plaster over what's there. Does that sound right? Here's some pics to give an idea of the size.

View attachment 8185 View attachment 8186 View attachment 8187
paper over the cracks you mean??
Think its already been said contact local council ask for impartial advice .They have building inspectors explain what has taken place and your concerns and which course you should take. As far as i know this is still a process that takes place over there on builds ie checking depth of footings etc ?? Been a while but sure still all in place if not more indepth??

He is actually a very well off english builder who is kind of related to us! He came highly recommended. I think he thought we'd be to thick to realise the work is rubbish. His lot did the inside plastering too-it is also rubbish.

that case he should find it easy to give you your money back... small claims court otherwise or some really big friends D

If its not loose or blown u can SBR it then scratch then squezze Webber mesh onto existing render then apply a scratch then top coat..no need to take off if the existing is solid we did a similar job about 5 years ago and not 1 crack to this day

Didn't know u was kind of related..ye shud be OK then as surely he can see its a s**t job first time I've seen a job done with no bellcast bead at bottom

View attachment 8185 View attachment 8186 View attachment 8187
Shudnt be looking at much more than £4000 and that includes scaffold on looking at pics there looks about 5 days Max with 2 men and labourer..but that's Leeds area obviously diff prices for diff areas

Shudnt be looking at much more than £4000 and that includes scaffold on looking at pics there looks about 5 days Max with 2 men and labourer..but that's Leeds area obviously diff prices for diff areas
We are in SW London-do you think £8000 for the original work was too much?

You'll have stuff over there Keith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Kieran. I was thinking it's a bit over. Am shite at measuring up Sand and cement when am giving measurements. I like to see the job. I called over to have a look. Didn't get the job anyway. They asked me for a labourer price in the end. I was 550 more than the other quote he got. I don't know how some plasterers can be so much cheaper. O I have an idea. On the dole. That's 2 jobs in the last week I lost to stupid c**ts. Did I spell your name right. Lol

Way 2 much!! Its sand and cement finish! There's defo not more than 5 days there id say mayb even four..ud piss scratching that in 2 days and top it in 3 or mite even top it in 2 days pending conditions etc..id price it at £1000 each for plasteres,£500 for labourer and that's been generous prob wudnt give him that ur looking at £500 for scaffold (Leeds area mind) and a grand for materials which ud prob have money spare as wunt spend that much..uve been proper ripped at £8000 dont let the other guy who's pricing charge near that..hack It all off and use k rend if you get all ur money back miles better finish sand and cement is shite..

We are in SW London-do you think £8000 for the original work was too much?
Obviously if there's quite abit of render blown add on £200 for a couple of numptys to hack off 1 day..i cnt see that much wud of blown if the guy who's actually seen it said u cud go over it mite just need a few m2 taking off

That's bad aswell,id be having a word with that guy who recommended him to you..I'm taking that work Is over skim? What did u get work wise for £4000? All cash aswell?

Thanks Kieran. I was thinking it's a bit over. Am shite at measuring up Sand and cement when am giving measurements. I like to see the job. I called over to have a look. Didn't get the job anyway. They asked me for a labourer price in the end. I was 550 more than the other quote he got. I don't know how some plasterers can be so much cheaper. O I have an idea. On the dole. That's 2 jobs in the last week I lost to stupid c**ts. Did I spell your name right. Lol
I've lost a lot of jobs to lads on the dole,they can't look me in the face when I meet them.

That's bad aswell,id be having a word with that guy who recommended him to you..I'm taking that work Is over skim? What did u get work wise for £4000? All cash aswell?
As the downstairs was full of damp they quoted this to fix the lounge and dining room

* Hack back to brickwork walls to exterior perimeter in house affected by damp, seal, apply uni-bond, 2 scratch coats to level out, 1 top coat with waterproof additive, skim to a smooth finish. £4700

Obviously if there's quite abit of render blown add on £200 for a couple of numptys to hack off 1 day..i cnt see that much wud of blown if the guy who's actually seen it said u cud go over it mite just need a few m2 taking off
£200 for two spreads to hack off?youd be doing well to get one spread in London for that.

Didn't they leave a lot of the existing render on?
Just hacked the bottom off?
If so I wouldn't personally go over it again.
They look like they've used pit sand aswell which is a no no.

Your damp will be back quite soon, he didn't have a clue what he was doing!
He's bridged the Dpc if there is one, if there isn't he's not done what he was supposed to.
You need to get your money back asap and/or hack off that shite and do it properly.

See you should have hired a plasterer/renderer to do the job.

Was it rendered before as in is this a patch job or is that his version of an application ?

Oh dear! The inside looks just like the outside-
Way 2 much!! Its sand and cement finish! There's defo not more than 5 days there id say mayb even four..ud piss scratching that in 2 days and top it in 3 or mite even top it in 2 days pending conditions etc..id price it at £1000 each for plasteres,£500 for labourer and that's been generous prob wudnt give him that ur looking at £500 for scaffold (Leeds area mind) and a grand for materials which ud prob have money spare as wunt spend that much..uve been proper ripped at £8000 dont let the other guy who's pricing charge near that..hack It all off and use k rend if you get all ur money back miles better finish sand and cement is shite..
how much sand and cement you recon for this job

Oh dear! The inside looks just like the outside-

how much sand and cement you recon for this job
Defo wouldn't be more than 2 ton sand and 40 odd bags of cement on topside..on s/c jobs we do we price on top side for cement as sand is cheap as FCK so on this job we would get 20 bags to get us going and then see where you are at end of each day so you don't over spend on cement so price in top side for the cement

Defo wouldn't be more than 2 ton sand and 40 odd bags of cement on topside..on s/c jobs we do we price on top side for cement as sand is cheap as FCK so on this job we would get 20 bags to get us going and then see where you are at end of each day so you don't over spend on cement so price in top side for the cement

Christ what mix do you do with that many bags of cement??
That's way to many!
At a 5 sand 1 cement ratio you only need 8-10 bags of cement per bulk bag.

And protection- tape,sheets etc?
How much for the skip?
Travel
The worst bit of this job will be hacking off the existing render! The price you gave for labour is ..... More suitable for Leeds than in London. If I pay two guys £80 each I will have them back in my face negotiating the price, if anyone agrees in first place! The quote for the job is not only for the walls we see on the pictures. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be the smart ass on here, just doing the op a favour- not to take literally your quote ;)

Skip £120 which I dint put in quote..dust sheets on floor wat every spread has..are you telling me £8000 is a fair price for that ? Do you think it would take more than 5 days? Masking tape and protection sheets for windows are hardly owt..it all doesn't need hacking off £80 cash for a labourer is gud regardless being in London or not

And protection- tape,sheets etc?
How much for the skip?
Travel
The worst bit of this job will be hacking off the existing render! The price you gave for labour is ..... More suitable for Leeds than in London. If I pay two guys £80 each I will have them back in my face negotiating the price, if anyone agrees in first place! The quote for the job is not only for the walls we see on the pictures. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be the smart ass on here, just doing the op a favour- not to take literally your quote ;)
And not getting into a back n forth argument as not on here for that..every spread is different it mite take you 2 weeks to do I'm saying it wud take us 5 days top just dnt think the guy shud have his pants pulled down again

Status
Not open for further replies.