Does this rendering look acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
price may have been a factor... but you would not expect that... surely?

Very true.
But the way most clients see it it is that they are getting the same job but people are pricing different.
They go for the cheapest option and expect that it will be carried out to the same standard.
Now from our point of view we know how cheap a job can/can't be done die and to do a cheap Job corners have to be cut.
People who are good at there job no matter what it is don't come cheap.
You wouldn't find Ronaldo playing for Bristol city and you wouldn't sign Eric dejemba dejemba expecting him to play like messi.
Get my drift?
We provide a service which differs massively between each person.
It's not just the job your paying for is it either, it's the customer service, the after care. It's not just get in and out like most want to do.

I think a lot of it is also down to respect for yourself as well as others and also the pride you take in your work.
It will never disappear as there's to many assholes generally in the world now.

Hi
Thanks for your replies. We got five quotes-the highest was matched by a family member(by marriage) who we thought we could trust. His guys also did the inside plastering-I should start another thread on that-it's not pretty. I'll post some more pics.

Hi
Thanks for your replies. We got five quotes-the highest was matched by a family member(by marriage) who we thought we could trust. His guys also did the inside plastering-I should start another thread on that-it's not pretty. I'll post some more pics.

If they fecked up the inside why did you have them to do the outside?.....maybe this is a wind up.

Sure I have been to a quote like that before..when u get in the van knowing it was probably a wasted journey

Hi

I'd show him this thread and then fcuk him out the family quicker than he took the cash out your hand!

Can you tell us what you paid and what exactly was done.
I would advise you get him back and sort it free of charge although that will cost a lot of money from his pocket so he prob won't!

Don't take any excuses from them.
It's utter crap.

Sorry you've had to experience this but it happens.
You say you had 5 quotes and it's a family member who came recommended so you can't be knocked for taking the first and cheapest.

Should we be worried about the cracks-there's over 50 of them? Does it look like we should
20150909_145754.jpg
20150909_145821.jpg
20150909_145939.jpg
20150909_145957.jpg
20150814_181641.jpg
20150814_181646.jpg
20150814_185608.jpg
get the whole thing done again?

I daresay its not bonded ,shoite mix bla bla bla. Get a professional in plenty on here reputable to give you quote to sort whichever way that has to be n perhaps arrange yer relative to pop round for cup o tea at the same time to hear the good news . Shameful.

We were not in the country-we trusted them to do the whole job, I really wish it was a wind up!

Ok fair enough....i honestly feel sorry for you so dont mind me if I sound like im being a dick, im not.

Question is who looks at that and hands over the dosh? Then comes on here for comformation of what they already know, what really is the point ?
Im lost
View attachment 8143
It's complicated
Can you say what you paid?
This is the original quote

Rendering Exterior

* To erect scaffold to existing side of building to hack back blown render discussed on exterior walls, coat walls with uni-bond, apply 2 scratch coats to level out, 1 top coat smooth render with waterproof additive combined to mix to prevent further water ingress. £8250

I get it, hard to not hand the money over when its your wifes family....expensive quote.

It's complicated

Rendering Exterior

* To erect scaffold to existing side of building to hack back blown render discussed on exterior walls, coat walls with uni-bond, apply 2 scratch coats to level out, 1 top coat smooth render with waterproof additive combined to mix to prevent further water ingress. £8250
However I don't know what the guys who did this actually did. I know absolutely nothing about this stuff. A builder who came by recently said he didn't think they got the mix right. That's why it's crumbly-could he be right?

Should we be worried about the cracks-there's over 50 of them? Does it look like we should View attachment 8144 View attachment 8145 View attachment 8146 View attachment 8147 View attachment 8148 View attachment 8149 View attachment 8150 get the whole thing done again?
I feel sorry for you,it's just a big mess.It'd cost a fair few pound to sort it out.The reality is your house is actually devalued by this,you'll have to decide for yourself to redo or leave.Of course the right decision is to redo it to get it right but you may not have the money at the moment.As for the "family member" who did this he should be ashamed of himself.Show him these posts and see has he any shred of decency to give you your money back.

What a shame,makes me mad when I see this going on taking money (a lot of money might I add) from a family member for a drastic attempt at a re render!thats low,I don't know how he could even except payment for the works,you don't have to be a plasterer to realise that it is not up to standard.

Cant believe your posting complaints on here when you know its shite. Get him round then rub his face up the the walls in a rage

Now that's a piss take if I came home to that I wouldn't be happy!!

And to top it off a family member you trusted finished up on a job leaving that as his finish... Haha what's he been smoking!

I really hope you haven't paid a penny as quality of work is appalling! Your bound to find someone to do it again on the forum

Best of look

I do know it's shite-just reassuring to hear from professionals to back me up. He will pay for it to be fixed and
Cant believe your posting complaints on here when you know its shite. Get him round then rub his face up the the walls in a rage
I do know it's shite-just reassuring to hear from professionals to back me up. He will have to pay for it to be fixed but finding someone to trust to do it right is the problem now-I don't want his cowboys back.

It's complicated

Rendering Exterior

I suggest you get someone in quick just to hack off, I doubt you will get it rendered this time of year because of the weather, unless you get the whole job sheeted which is expensive. He shouldn't of used PVA firstly which may cause problems and the worse thing he has done is put the waterproofer in the top coat. What will happen is, water will get behind that top coat through driving rain, but won't be able to get out. It will cause damp inside and when it freezes will blow the top coat off which looks like what's happening. The job is shocking he has really took the piss and you have paid good money.

Thanks all for replying. Can anyone recommend someone in SW London to quote for doing it right? The house was full of damp when we bought it so this was to sort that out. With a new born baby we really don't want damp returning.

Thanks all for replying. Can anyone recommend someone in SW London to quote for doing it right? The house was full of damp when we bought it so this was to sort that out. With a new born baby we really don't want damp returning.
Will only cure damp if ingress is the cause + bridging your damp course by rendering to the floor wont help

I do know it's shite-just reassuring to hear from professionals to back me up. He will pay for it to be fixed and

I do know it's shite-just reassuring to hear from professionals to back me up. He will have to pay for it to be fixed but finding someone to trust to do it right is the problem now-I don't want his cowboys back.
@irish_spread @superspread @johniosaif @keithuk @UKPlasteringmachines one of these tried and tested chaps maybe able to help sorry for my negativity but there's been some right clowns on here latley

Sorry bud in spain and buried in work ,see plenty of that shoite on the costa here. Seems be busy for most now , maybe someone on here will see n read this in position to help. Always ball ache sorting someones elses fuk ups dont know what it is but bad energy.
Good luck.

I suggest you get someone in quick just to hack off, I doubt you will get it rendered this time of year because of the weather, unless you get the whole job sheeted which is expensive. He shouldn't of used PVA firstly which may cause problems and the worse thing he has done is put the waterproofer in the top coat. What will happen is, water will get behind that top coat through driving rain, but won't be able to get out. It will cause damp inside and when it freezes will blow the top coat off which looks like what's happening. The job is shocking he has really took the piss and you have paid good money.
We always use waterproof in the top coat

Status
Not open for further replies.