Does this look right?

Members online

I'm just not convinced that this thread isn't just another windup.
No one would need to ask if that is acceptable work, or not notice the state of it before it had dried.

Absolutely.

I'll go one further, outside the box and say this person is a plasterer and wants to maliciously mame his competition. He's waiting for us to ask to name and shame.
Nothing makes sense.

Whoever did that knows 10000% it's rough and last thing they would ask is customer to inspect it.

Also you'd see how bad it was before dry

But 30+ positive reviews ffs! Says it all about the general publics knowledge of Plastering.

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this in the right area - if not, mods please move it to the right subforum.

After a few weeks looking for a plasterer, we finally found one on checkatrade who would come in and give us a quote. He didn't have the best prices but had over 30 positive reviews and we thought: well, we get what we pay for.

They did the job over three days which included removing existing wallpaper and plastering the walls and ceilings of two lounges. When they finished, the 'boss' told me to let him know if I wasn't happy with anything - I had a look around and noticed some plaster drops but he told me that they can be scraped off with a putty knife or something similar, which is fine.

The problem is that I only found some imperfections afterwards (when the plaster was dry). I didn't spot them right away and I know it's my fault for not checking the work properly before paying. Now I'm not sure if this is normal and something I have to deal with it myself (with filler, sanding, etc) or if this is the plaster fault. I don't want to ask him to come over so he can tell me this is normal so I'd like to ask for your opinion.

I've added some pictures below - what do you guys think? Is this normal and something I can/should fix it myself or should I ask the plasterer to correct it? Thanks for you help!

View attachment 24440View attachment 24441View attachment 24442View attachment 24443View attachment 24444View attachment 24445
f**k all wrong with it.

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting this in the right area - if not, mods please move it to the right subforum.

After a few weeks looking for a plasterer, we finally found one on checkatrade who would come in and give us a quote. He didn't have the best prices but had over 30 positive reviews and we thought: well, we get what we pay for.

They did the job over three days which included removing existing wallpaper and plastering the walls and ceilings of two lounges. When they finished, the 'boss' told me to let him know if I wasn't happy with anything - I had a look around and noticed some plaster drops but he told me that they can be scraped off with a putty knife or something similar, which is fine.

The problem is that I only found some imperfections afterwards (when the plaster was dry). I didn't spot them right away and I know it's my fault for not checking the work properly before paying. Now I'm not sure if this is normal and something I have to deal with it myself (with filler, sanding, etc) or if this is the plaster fault. I don't want to ask him to come over so he can tell me this is normal so I'd like to ask for your opinion.

I've added some pictures below - what do you guys think? Is this normal and something I can/should fix it myself or should I ask the plasterer to correct it? Thanks for you help!

View attachment 24440View attachment 24441View attachment 24442View attachment 24443View attachment 24444View attachment 24445
It not the end of the world love a good filler and sander

Hi all,

These guys/girls could not repair this work, you could attempt it yourself with an electric sander & filler but you’ll be a while & as mentioned the prep was probably none existent so it may well start to blow soon. Sorry but the fact that your asking on here and even considering letting them back into your home shows me you won’t see your money again. People who leave work like that aren’t tradesmen so unless your willing to take the law into your own hands be careful. Sorry but you’ve had your pants pulled down. Next time get a minimum of three quotes & try & get a recommendation if possible. I feel for people in this situation sorry.
I saw a guy threatening to put a customers windows in the other week he got from checkatrade.