customers telling you what they want to pay

Dam right no such thing as half a day in this game .
Problem with that is I do alot of repeat work and recommendations. If you go and skim 2 ceilings for £250 and then go back a month later and skim another one for £250 it doesn't look right. Same as if you do work at a house down the road and they mention the price to each other and one feels ripped off

Problem with that is I do alot of repeat work and recommendations. If you go and skim 2 ceilings for £250 and then go back a month later and skim another one for £250 it doesn't look right. Same as if you do work at a house down the road and they mention the price to each other and one feels ripped off

Just tellum - it's not the amount, it's the time. The estate manager had a go at me the other week for spending all day doing two bits of patching because they were only little walls.

In different blocks.

'f**k's sake, Gordon. It's not paint you know - you mix a bucket of plaster and that's you for half a day - and what do you want me to do - run between the buildings?'

There's a bit of rendering to do outside next week. He's f**k**g ADAMANT that he wants a 10m^2 wall patched instead of beaten off and done again. I've TOLD him it'll be no faster and no cheaper but that's what he wants.

I wrote on his jobsheet 'customer won't listen'

But hey-ho, patching it is.

Hope they bloody small ceilings for £250
You charge more than that for 2 average ceilings? It's an easy days work. Obviously if it's a big kitchen diner and a big living room it's going to be more

f**k a tryer
. Love being busy
But still expect this c**t canceling
Screenshot_20190705-114409_Messages.jpg

You boarding again???
Not working. I worked wonders on that wall . Then another gangs doing skimming .

On same job lad did a bit of skimming . The plan was to get a Joey to put insulation in ceiling once it was boarded.
Joiner ended up doing it as we couldn't get anyone. Out of five ceilings he fell through one that had been skimmed..
Builder said who do I bill for that looking at me . Said it shouldn't have been skimmed . I said dont look at me silly f**k*r shouldn't have fell through it

What's an average ceiling to you?? 10 20 30m2??

They may also be in totally different parts of the house, both carpets need thoroughly protecting etc/

I class average ceiling as 3x3m or 4x4m.. would want upwards of £400 easily.. unless new board work, rooms are empty and next to eachother.

They may also be in totally different parts of the house, both carpets need thoroughly protecting etc/

I class average ceiling as 3x3m or 4x4m.. would want upwards of £400 easily.. unless new board work, rooms are empty and next to eachother.
That's mad wanting £400 for a days work imo. Average ceiling I would say around 15m2. Prep the second while first is drying. Start at 8 home by 3 or 4

That's mad wanting £400 for a days work imo. Average ceiling I would say around 15m2. Prep the second while first is drying. Start at 8 home by 3 or 4

It'd take the same amount of time to skim a small awqward toilet.. the ceilings are 10 x the work and meterage.. would you charge £25 to do the toilet? It's irrelevant what you earn in a day.. it's what the job is worth, decent customers have no problem paying £400 for a days work providing the job is worth it, I regularly ask customers what other prices they are getting and you'd be surprised what people are charging.. a lot more than £400 for a couple of ceiling I can assure you.

It'd take the same amount of time to skim a small awqward toilet.. the ceilings are 10 x the work and meterage.. would you charge £25 to do the toilet? It's irrelevant what you earn in a day.. it's what the job is worth, decent customers have no problem paying £400 for a days work providing the job is worth it, I regularly ask customers what other prices they are getting and you'd be surprised what people are charging.. a lot more than £400 for a couple of ceiling I can assure you.
If you could get 400 a ceiling round here I.d only do one on monday and one wed that be my working week

If you could get 400 a ceiling round here I.d only do one on monday and one wed that be my working week
Thought it was 2 ceilings? Even so, that old topic of you won't get away with charging this and that regard where we are based etc. I myself think if I won't get out of a job the money I want? I leave it simple as that

No one said £400 per ceiling.. we said two ceilings for starters.

Just to put things into perspective, my brother works for one of the big tech companies in Silicon Valley computer programming.. he earns £400,000 a year.. £400 a day (remember it's not every day) really isn't a lot of money.. know your worth.

An awkward little bathroom is actually harder to get a good finish than 2 ceilings. Give me the 2 ceilings every time. I'd actually charge more to plaster the toilet, as you say, it's what the jobs worth. If your getting £400 regularly for a ceiling then fair play to you. I think alot of people on here give it the big one though

Just to put things into perspective, my brother works for one of the big tech companies in Silicon Valley computer programming.. he earns £400,000 a year.. £400 a day (remember it's not every day) really isn't a lot of money.. know your worth.
There's no such thing as a half day.... Apparently. So by that logic people would also charge £400 for 1 ceiling

It wasn't me that said there's no such thing as half days dude.. I did a couple hours work the other day, £120..

Couldn’t agree more with your posts. Customers generally don’t give a f**k if it’s done in a day but costs alot. More often they’re greatful for it.

I was skimmed artex ceilings in retirement home flats. Privately owned ones. Did em all in 1 (long) day. Big bedroom . Big living room. Small toilet hallway and kitchen. Was about 1200 labour. Customer didn’t bat an eye lid was just shocked i done it in a day