Customer or labourer?

Members online

Tinytom

So my labourer is 21. Had him since 17 and he's slowly getting there, last week Iv dropped him off at a job in a shared house to knock a wall back to brick and tank it out so I can get stuck in float and set tomorrow, I was busy on other jobs so Iv left him to it, he's capable of this work and he's fairly neat and tidy for a labourer.
Got a call off the letting agent who the job is for this morning and one of the tenents had complained all his clothes which were all over the bedroom floor got covered in dust and are now ruined, absolute load of b*ll***s, 1 how can they be ruined? 2 why were they left thrown all over the floor when they knew we were working in there, 3 why didn't he move them when the lad was sheeting up. I'm pissed off because it looks bad on me to the letting agent, and now Iv gotta go back to plaster knowing the bloke is a tool. Iv not blamed the labourer and personally I wouldn't have touched the fellas dirty stinking clothes. What would you guys do, or have your lab do?

Just put it down as experience for the labourer I guess try and learn about difficult customers perhaps, assume everyone is a c**t until they prove otherwise.

Go on site get less aggro .3 gauges in van 3.30 .done all that cobblers not for me

the room needed to be cleared... simple... tenant cant be bothered which means it has ruined their clothes...

Just get in and plaster it and get paid, sure the letting agent knows th person is a tool as well

I'm here now, absolute s**t hole. Cement in bonding, dirty water in multi I'll be out for 12 lol.

I hate working in rented accommodation as Tennants are looking for trouble. They want money off rent for having to put up with trades plus they are always unhelpful as not there problem. You need to be careful what you say at both Tenants and landlords are itching for a fight. Hate working on rented property

Sister in law called my wife last week in a flap. The bedroom walls falling down and theres asbestos in it she thinks can your hubby or son come round asap. I called that night it was lath and plaster wall horse hair hanging out. The nephew and his girlfriend lives in the house with there 2 kids. Over boarded the wall and told them there is no worry about asbestos will call back next week to skim it. Called this morning 9 days later old plaster still on floor, dust sheet over the top and left it for them to clean (scruffy t@@ts)

How do i owe you, £80 cant pay until next week wtf there was £50 materials on it to.

Family hey dont you just love em

So my labourer is 21. Had him since 17 and he's slowly getting there, last week Iv dropped him off at a job in a shared house to knock a wall back to brick and tank it out so I can get stuck in float and set tomorrow, I was busy on other jobs so Iv left him to it, he's capable of this work and he's fairly neat and tidy for a labourer.
Got a call off the letting agent who the job is for this morning and one of the tenents had complained all his clothes which were all over the bedroom floor got covered in dust and are now ruined, absolute load of b*ll***s, 1 how can they be ruined? 2 why were they left thrown all over the floor when they knew we were working in there, 3 why didn't he move them when the lad was sheeting up. I'm pissed off because it looks bad on me to the letting agent, and now Iv gotta go back to plaster knowing the bloke is a tool. Iv not blamed the labourer and personally I wouldn't have touched the fellas dirty stinking clothes. What would you guys do, or have your lab do?

Point them to the disclaimer in your T&C's which you gave to the letting agent before starting work for them.

Mine's along the lines of "The customer and/or their agent/nominated contact onsite must ensure that access is provided to the working area. The working area and access to it must be clear of any goods, materials or possessions which may be damaged during the course of the works, or which may cause a trip or other hazard. No liability shall be ..... bah blah"

Point them to the disclaimer in your T&C's which you gave to the letting agent before starting work for them.

Mine's along the lines of "The customer and/or their agent/nominated contact onsite must ensure that access is provided to the working area. The working area and access to it must be clear of any goods, materials or possessions which may be damaged during the course of the works, or which may cause a trip or other hazard. No liability shall be ..... bah blah"
It's all there in the rams but the tennents wont read that, as someone above said. There just arse holes after something for nothing

It's all there in the rams but the tennents wont read that, as someone above said. There just arse holes after something for nothing

You're not working for the tenant though. It's the letting agent's legal responsibility to inform the tenant of any work they've authorised, what it involves and what the tenant needs to do. As long as you've informed the letting agent and they've authorised you to do the work you're golden. (y)

True. Thanks for the advice you obviously know your beans pal

You have to these days, there's always some chancer trying to take the p1ss. T&C's, dash cam in the van, taking photo's of work etc etc. All stuff you never had to bother with in the past. :endesacuerdo:

I've learnt by my mistakes and take pictures before I start and after of all the floors too, I know this can be a bit anal but for the sake of a couple of pictures it's worth it. Least that way if they argue about anything usually a couple of weeks later (why not say at the time job is finished) because your talking bollox!!.. you can say hold up I've got photos of before and after and pictures of all sheeted up ect. I always take pictures of all floors when I've finished to show how I've left the areas I've worked in and that they are clean and tidy. That way I don't get docked any money and I get my money.

I've learnt by my mistakes and take pictures before I start and after of all the floors too, I know this can be a bit anal but for the sake of a couple of pictures it's worth it. Least that way if they argue about anything usually a couple of weeks later (why not say at the time job is finished) because your talking bollox!!.. you can say hold up I've got photos of before and after and pictures of all sheeted up ect. I always take pictures of all floors when I've finished to show how I've left the areas I've worked in and that they are clean and tidy. That way I don't get docked any money and I get my money.

My mate did a full restoration on a moggy minor and when he put the final bill in the guy did not believe him that he had done the work and luckily I had been taking photos of the work (sad geek that I am) luckily!! The guy finally paid up but christ it was touch and go and the work that was carried out was intensive

My mate did a full restoration on a moggy minor and when he put the final bill in the guy did not believe him that he had done the work and luckily I had been taking photos of the work (sad geek that I am) luckily!! The guy finally paid up but christ it was touch and go and the work that was carried out was intensive
But now days you have to be a geek and think like that as it clearly pays off for us. Nobody wants to go to work for nothing we are all there for the same reason to leave a good tidy job and finish and get paid.

I know mate but everyone wants something for nothing that's the trouble. But you go to some jobs and you see what people have paid for and have a little giggle on the inside.

oh yes I am looking at property at the moment and I genuinely feel sorry for them... paid the right money for the job but gave the money to the wrong person

oh yes I am looking at property at the moment and I genuinely feel sorry for them... paid the right money for the job but gave the money to the wrong person
Oh dear that's not good but I suppose only way people learn is to have them in and learn why they shouldn't have had them. That's why I always keep a good profile of my work to show people.

That y i don't employ people to do jobs whithout me ther if ther were clothes about u should phoned the customer to get is act together and charge him for wasting your time