cscs card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some firms wont let you plaster or lay bricks on a labourers card anymore its all to do with insurance.

day off for me then shag.......... im sure i will survive the day with just a labourers card..... i mean come on who doesnt know that when the fork lift truck is coming towards you, you drop to the floor and act like a speed bump and hope for the best??? :RpS_lol:

Funny my mates on a labourers card did 75m today and the site agent thinks the sun shines out of his ass like most sites he's on

must have a cscs card for h and safty.and yet the polish guy plastering the next room cant understand a word of english.

uhuh I think that because it is "required" for the "British" construction industry the test should be in ENGLISH only

uhuh I think that because it is "required" for the "British" construction industry the test should be in ENGLISH only

I have to agree, the cost of offering translation is absorbed by all and not the individual asking for it to be translated.

I have no problems with offer work to all however I do have a problem with having to absorb that cost considering if I was abroad I wouldn't be given special treatment.

Perhaps it is just me, I don't know.

The CSCS card is an added expense and I think it should be government funded entirely.

i got a blue card through my firm...is that not a skill card?
there were no questions regarding plastering thats for sure.

Im sure you will only need the green construction skills certificate this means you do the 40 question multi choice its just for the health and safety thats the only ticket i have so sod all the NVQs

Bloke i do a bit for rang me today saying he is having problems with getting his lads on site with just the labourers card. OH dear

He was on the phone to CSCS today i will find out how he got on tomorrow, just looked at a training centre in yorkshire £1500 for OSAT over 10 weeks or an EWPA over 1 - 2 days for a special offer of £750 hmmmmmmmm its gonna cost

the whole cscs ,its just a money making ploy, trades card on all this tosh.
If you can do the job, you can do the job, there is no benefit to the self employed .

and this would be why i havent done mine yet, too much money and i rarely get asked to go on site, does seem a bit off that if you have been doin said trade for x amount of years that you have to spend money (and not a small amount either) to get a little card saying you can do it, but then on the other side i can see reasons for it

If you can do the job, you can do the job, there is no benefit to the self employed .

The benefits are you are getting a more qualified work force, its also to do with insurance, if you employ a qualified work force its not a dear as an unqualified one, also a lot of contracts are not being given out to firms with unqualified staff, especially government money.

Fair comment but when you turn up on site it doesnt matter if you can or cant do the job, the contractor wants to know you can do the job before you **** it up. I know quals dont guarantee it but its a start and its the difference between getting the job and not.

it will come to the fore, in a few years you wont be able to go on any sites with out it, as its all to do with health and safety legislation.
I have a gold card and was recently told this wasnt good enough they wanted a black one [management card] which means a level 4 nvq and or evidence of experience in running projects, which would cost me around £2200 and a lot of ball ache. So i declined, walked away and got back on my horse.

The benefits are you are getting a more qualified work force, its also to do with insurance, if you employ a qualified work force its not a dear as an unqualified one, also a lot of contracts are not being given out to firms with unqualified staff, especially government money.

I take your point,
I had to get my lads that are on the books, up to date with theres recently as ive just been passed for my CHAS, so i needed to.
but i can honestly say weve not been refused contracts up until that point because some lads didnt have there gold cards or blue cards.

it will come to the fore, in a few years you wont be able to go on any sites with out it, as its all to do with health and safety legislation.
I have a gold card and was recently told this wasnt good enough they wanted a black one [management card] which means a level 4 nvq and or evidence of experience in running projects, which would cost me around £2200 and a lot of ball ache. So i declined, walked away and got back on my horse.

My lecturer told me about this 25 years ago said it was a european thing and now 25 years later its coming to fruition.

I take your point,
I had to get my lads that are on the books, up to date with theres recently as ive just been passed for my CHAS, so i needed to.
but i can honestly say weve not been refused contracts up until that point because some lads didnt have there gold cards or blue cards.
depends if the jobs behind lol but anyone has an accident someones for the high jump coz this is there get out clause.

I'm on a job centre 4 week construction city and guild level 1 with site operative cscs card thrown in...tbh seems so easy just common sense can't see why it's even needed a 5 year old could get through it

Not a problem certainly ,but you had to get cscs also ,so its an additional cost to already tested and skilled people...

That doesnt make sense its a H&S and skills card everyone needs one so if qualified people didnt need one what would be the point?

You are getting a qualified work force on paper nothing else they give them away like sweets, insurance isn't cheaper to small firms, it's more of a requirement form insurance firms which has 90 percent health and safety the other bit is if you had a mig welder they can blame you a bit easier because you're a plasterer, how can you say it's a benefit not giving work out to people reluctant to pay 750 quid to the government it's purely blackmail to get on a site

Flynny for a fairly intelligent chap you're still a mug

You are getting a qualified work force on paper
qualifications usually are on paper
nothing else they give them away like sweets
not any more its costing people
, insurance isn't cheaper to small firms,
but its dearer if your not qualified to do it go and get your public liability changed so you can do plumbing with no quals and see what it costs.
how can you say it's a benefit not giving work out to people reluctant to pay 750 quid to the government it's purely blackmail to get on a site
I never said that i said its a benefit having a qualified work force also im pretty sure its nothing to do with the government but i could be wrong so go and do a search :)

Flynny for a fairly intelligent chap you're still a mug
why am i a mug? i got qualified over 20 years ago and i will always encourage people to get qualified in any career they choose the only people who ever slag quals off are the ones who never got them and it is effecting them not having them.

Status
Not open for further replies.