cscs card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobsworth ****

LOL far from it, you were cryin about it 4 years ago, now you have one and givin advise about it lol all ive ever said is your gonna need it and if you dont get it your gonna lose out wether its fair or not makes no odds xxx

As i said before Flinny it must be a Northern thing, down here no one takes a lot of notice of it, labs card gets u in any site my eldest son works only on site in London most of the time in the City and hasnt even got one so its bollox, i think you lot up North are clinging on to the values that the unions installed on you and thats why you accept regulation bythe CSS and before some jumps down my throat i like the idea of trade unions but i dont see why they should be affiliated to one political party. xx

i recently had to pass on two sites of about 11 grands worth of work cos i diddnt have one:RpS_angry: so they are creeping down here aswell

That doesnt make sense its a H&S and skills card everyone needs one so if qualified people didnt need one what would be the point?
I will try this without CRAYONS, you can do a H&S test , but why need a "skills card" too when you have a C&G qualification.SIMPLES ,No

Maybe you guys from myself and my stupidity. I need to get a cscs card 'apparently' but have read through there site and cant find out what I need or how to get it? I am a multi trade worker but have no nvq/skills so cant get a proper trade card, or have college work so cant seem to get a greeen card?

What can i do?

i recently had to pass on two sites of about 11 grands worth of work cos i diddnt have one:RpS_angry: so they are creeping down here aswell
My pal missed a weeks work because it was out of date, it is a con basically..Sites are not safer because of it, I have worked besides the H & S office, the visited us many times, people ie foremen were hiding my 11ov halogen lights because they believed those lights are banned because of H& S , the are not, then the said you need an electric cert for them, I said NO because the are new. Sites are like forums where a little knowledge is ......

Maybe you guys from myself and my stupidity. I need to get a cscs card 'apparently' but have read through there site and cant find out what I need or how to get it? I am a multi trade worker but have no nvq/skills so cant get a proper trade card, or have college work so cant seem to get a greeen card?

What can i do?
You can easily find a local place to do the basic cscs card, then you have to tell them you want to upgrade etc etc, then you will have more tests, site evaluations, get references ready too, simple enough really, just do the simple cscs first and follow from ther..

I went on the CSCS test but never received my card actually..

Anyway totally understand your anger. One of the questions was:

Q: It is a hot day on site, do you..

1) wear you hard hat backwards to be cooler

2) Take your hard hat off today, its too hot

3) Drill holes in your hard hat to cool down (not even kidding!)

4) Wear your hard hat in the correct manner regardless of the temperature.

:RpS_unsure::RpS_confused:

I went on the CSCS test but never received my card actually..

Anyway totally understand your anger. One of the questions was:

Q: It is a hot day on site, do you..

1) wear you hard hat backwards to be cooler

2) Take your hard hat off today, its too hot

3) Drill holes in your hard hat to cool down (not even kidding!)

4) Wear your hard hat in the correct manner regardless of the temperature.

:RpS_unsure::RpS_confused:
stupid questions and some not even relevant...

What can i do?

Your fcuked mate if your up North, Jay u only need labourers card the only site i know in London what asks for a card is the Shard and my boy gets on it using mine it crept in about 5 years ago mate but no one has realy took a lot of notice of it as i said before 80% of the workforce in London are foreign
who couldnt prove there trade but the main contractors need them so they are not going to push a trade card

i would have gone with drill holes in hard hat, but yu have to do it in the window refleaction with out taking it off.

andy the fella runing the plastering side of things asked if i got the normal card would that be enough and he was told no i want the plasterers nvq card and this jobs in Wembley somewhere, the other one was in southhampton

Your fcuked mate if your up North, Jay u only need labourers card the only site i know in London what asks for a card is the Shard and my boy gets on it using mine it crept in about 5 years ago mate but no one has realy took a lot of notice of it as i said before 80% of the workforce in London are foreign
who couldnt prove there trade but the main contractors need them so they are not going to push a trade card
a very daily mail readers view, lots of sites need and request cscs in London, a huge amount of foreigners have cscs cards and some trade cards, how do you think the 'foreigners' get certified as plumbers and electricians. Why does your son not get his own card? it is an easy exam..

Some people do not get it, yeh the H&S test is easy and some of the questions are common sense but plenty fail it, the card is also a skilled card and some people didnt get it! When it came out years ago and i mean over ten years or somethin like, people thought yeh i will get a labourers card and thats all i will need now its changing big time and lucious london is no different. They are asking for it, it is expensive to get now, but i bet it gets dearer, ive said it before, it will start to come on the domestic side one day, not completely to start, just like sites but it will. Customers are gonna want to know they are dealing with someone who is qualified to work in their house.................. im only saying :)

Whats the point its not accessed well enough its a waste of money and has achieved absolutely nothing

Jay if they are asking for a NVQ card thats what they want but not always the case you dont know till you turn up i worked in Southamton last year on a proper job refurb of the town hall and old crown court we were told we needed the card when we got on site were never asked for it.John my boy had one but let it run out took it again last year so i gave him my book so he could refresh no one told him that the book had been updated and the old book was obsolete so he failed, another con having to fork out for a new book what has changed so much on site that they have to add more to the book, are people who passed on the old book now unsafe on site.

i dnt know andy i just spoke to my mate (fella whos got the plastering contract) and he said hes spoke to the site agent and he insists on me having the blue card, which he said fooks him up cos hes got to find a complete new team now:RpS_confused:.
i dnt know sod it anyway ive got a few bits and bobs to do at the mo then ive been asked to help out on a large job in hertford, some houses in cheshunt and 7 flats in highgate:RpS_thumbup:

LOL blame it on the old book ive heard it all, if you ask me they are thick, lost count of the amount of times its been said how easy the test is. Yeh maybe a few questions have been added but its still simple or are we saying the test is not easy now?

i dnt know andy i just spoke to my mate (fella whos got the plastering contract) and he said hes spoke to the site agent and he insists on me having the blue card, which he said fooks him up cos hes got to find a complete new team now:RpS_confused:.
i dnt know sod it anyway ive got a few bits and bobs to do at the mo then ive been asked to help out on a large job in hertford, some houses in cheshunt and 7 flats in highgate:RpS_thumbup:
He is better of not doing the job, sites like that will be crap anyway, and trying to find a gang with the full card would be difficult, what houses in Cheshunt cant think of any going up

just to add....and ask a question....

after yrs on domestic im at moment jumping on site ive got to get my card sorted....1 thing that did cross my mind though ive had an apprentice in the past that did all his nvq's and i signed them all off etc

do you thing i will be able to fast track mine if i ask the assesssors to speak to the college where my apprentice did his course or is this just wishfull thinking?

zombie

Call my son thick to his face and see what happens.

LOL ok then maybe the word thick is a bit strong for this generation of namby pamby babies but to quote yourself "Passed the health and safety test this morning which took me all of 6 minutes, £17.50 thank you very much, not bragging but it is that easy" yep its F*****g simple :)

He is better of not doing the job, sites like that will be crap anyway, and trying to find a gang with the full card would be difficult, what houses in Cheshunt cant think of any going up

havent seen it meself yet mate, over the last couple of months ive slowly been intergrated into a gang of spreads from hertford, doin more and more for them and he spoke to me the other day and said hes got a job with about 4 months skimming in fore street hertford and 8 houses in cheshunt
i was working for him just before christmas and since then hes asked me to work for him pretty much all the time, not too sure what to do though cos of my own work but the regular pay would be nice for a change

I passed it because i studied the book my son has also passed it once but failed it the second time because he was given questions he did not know the answer to because he read the out of date book the idea of any exam is to test you on your knowledge of the content of the relevant text book get it you thicko also sweeping statements infering that everyone from a certain generation are all the same is childish and inaccurate.

I passed it because i studied the book my son has also passed it once but failed it the second time because he was given questions he did not know the answer to because he read the out of date book the idea of any exam is to test you on your knowledge of the content of the relevant text book get it you thicko also sweeping statements infering that everyone from a certain generation are all the same is childish and inaccurate.
If it upsets you me calling someone a thicko how the **** do you get on, on site? Its common sense lucious dont make out its an exam of knowledge its common sense. if your son never knew the answers then maybe he needs to read up but like you say "what has changed so much on site that they have to add more to the book"? Your lads not new onto site by the sounds of it, so failing the test coz they have added more questions shouldnt make any odds. Maybe the test has got harder ive not taken it for a while but from what i can gather from people who have took it you would have to be a thicko to fail it.

Status
Not open for further replies.