cscs card

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub55

cscs card.
23_29_121.jpg

Was looking for a job today , cscs card essential , i have`nt got one. Why?
Did a good old fashioned apprenticeship , started it at the age of 16 , best part of 30 years ago. You know , start off sweeping the floor about 5 years later , the old timer says " thats not bad that " and thats your apprenticeship done. From there ive worked for several people , no one ever worried. Been self employed for the last 5 years , no one worries. Now i get asked for an cscs card, so think to myself if thats the way its going , i better get one of them. So i have a quick look on internet , cant have one of them have`nt got an NVQ level 2. Never had them when i was a kid, but still . I`ll get myself one. What a bloody polaver , got to go to college and have some snotty nosed little assessor to check to see i know the difference between a shovel and a spade . The whole system is based around the fact that you are employed, the fact im self employed is a issue because i can sign off my own work. Then they want to charge me for the privilege of being able to say , i can do what i do. The fact that ive been making a living at it for 30 years , counts for nothing.

Sorry about the rant boys. Just pissed off.

Ring local colleges you could possibly get it for free I did, take it you haven't got city and guilds?
You can get temporary cscs cards while you're sorting out your nvq it costs 30 quid a health and safety test but you'll have to look into where you can do it local, a careers office should be able to help

why do you have to go ot college to get ur card?
i never went to college during my apprentiship and got my card about 2 n a half year ago

Some colleges send out an onsite assessor you have to do bugger all
An English and maths test 2 quick visits that last an hour from the assessor bit of paper work and that's it

Thanks for the replies boys, i`ll get the experienced worker card for now whilst i`ll sort out my nvq.
One of the issues i have regarding the assessors apart from the fact that i have a natural hatred of such people, is that although i was trained as a plasterer , my business is based around plastering . I actually run a building company, so if im building an extension the spreading itself constitutes a tiny percentage of the contract. I f the assessor is coming to look at the plastering and im sitting on the roof banging slates on , there ain't going to be alot of point. But im sure i`ll work it out.

Thanks for the replies boys, i`ll get the experienced worker card for now whilst i`ll sort out my nvq.
One of the issues i have regarding the assessors apart from the fact that i have a natural hatred of such people, is that although i was trained as a plasterer , my business is based around plastering . I actually run a building company, so if im building an extension the spreading itself constitutes a tiny percentage of the contract. I f the assessor is coming to look at the plastering and im sitting on the roof banging slates on , there ain't going to be alot of point. But im sure i`ll work it out.

Yep you can get assessed onsite, and they will come and assess you when it's convenient to you, so get your plastering set up and get em out, and there are plenty of us had to do what your doing, don't settle for nvq2 go for the 3 or even the supervisors card bit more work involved but worth it in the long run, you have to look at the bigger picture, get chas reg and as many awareness certs as you can ie asbestos, working at height, manual handling etc etc etc

I did the same as you as regards apprentiship etc, Sat the health and safety test, all i had to do after that was send off a copy of my apprentiship papers and city and guilds certificates, and the issued me with a gold CSCS card.

just wonderd how experinced is the guy who asseses you.how can someone with less experince asses you.dosent make sense.

None of it makes sense to me, you're not employed by the people who hand out the cards it was just another reason for the government to waste another billion when there not busy blowing up the middle east

just wonderd how experinced is the guy who asseses you.how can someone with less experince asses you.dosent make sense.
They're not. They are fucktards who have been on a course to be an assessor. Most probably don't know what they are looking at.

I f@@@king despise this CSCS scheme its a jobs for the boys thing, I did a 4 year apprenticeship back in the early 90s, got my city and guilds and advanced city and guilds and was told you can have an experienced worker card cause you cant prove you when to college, dumb fucks how did a get my qualifications then..
In the end I spoke to the organ grinder went ballistic told them its a load of shite etc and at the end they backed down gave me the gold card.
I hate this scheme its a monoply for this company as you have to buy all the shite that goes with it off them.
There is no kneed for it you have an induction before you start on a site so whats the point of it, the test is a complete ******* joke anyway

Rant over..

When i did my health and safety test, i got tons of questions for sparkies, plumbers and others. Pointless!!!!!

Hopefully they've made the questions more trade specific since i took it!

I've also had to fork out for other health and safety awarness course and manual lifting. Not been asked about it once in site inductions. Only ask for cscs. Just a money spinner for the powers that be and an excuse to sod you off if you do have an accident.

Or am i being cynical?? :RpS_laugh:

There's a place called censura that are doing free nvqs if you do your test and buy your card through them. Costs a bit more. But saving on the nvq. I'm doing it now cause I need an nvq. Just have an assessor come n see you at work a few times n a few job knowledge questions. Pretty easy.

Today got a cold call from London based Centura offering free nvqL2 through on site assessment, just provide passport, utr and NI no`s and £54 for skill card. Was told government funds the rest. Cant find any info on this or any other company offering the scheme. Can anyone shed light on this, dont want to throw 50 odd quid away along with my personal details.

Already have "license to kill" card, will prob need cscs skill card eventually, only spreading 20yrs

you sure they didnt want your bank card pin number credit card details and your wife?? i bloody wouldnt give all that info to any1!!!! do you really want an nvq level 2????

cscs card.
View attachment 825

Did a good old fashioned apprenticeship , started it at the age of 16 , best part of 30 years ago. You know , start off sweeping the floor about 5 years later , the old timer says " thats not bad that " and thats your apprenticeship done. From there ive worked for several people , no one ever worried. Been self employed for the last 5 years , no one worries. Now i get asked for an cscs card, so think to myself if thats the way its going , i better get one of them. So i have a quick look on internet , cant have one of them have`nt got an NVQ level 2. Never had them when i was a kid, but still . I`ll get myself one. What a bloody polaver , got to go to college and have some snotty nosed little assessor to check to see i know the difference between a shovel and a spade . The whole system is based around the fact that you are employed, the fact im self employed is a issue because i can sign off my own work. Then they want to charge me for the privilege of being able to say , i can do what i do. The fact that ive been making a living at it for 30 years , counts for nothing.

get a labourers card its what most people i know have......... they dont care just as long as you got one!!

cscs card.
View attachment 825

where you from? Symphony assessments in tamworth (west Midlands) offer goverment funded nvq's. Me and my lads got assessed and done the touch screen test for FREE. Ask for Danny Chatfield

Already have labourer card, just keep seeing the threats about no skill card, no job. This Censura company seem quite established and advertise on every free site going. Cant believe i cant find out if they are legit or if this is a scam. Even cscs would not help, disgusting that they have created an industry wide open to scammers.

I'm doing my nvq with censura, it's legit. I started doing mine about a month ago. I have no problems with it. They book you in with an assessment centre etc. and your assessor contacts you to arrange site visits.

Some firms wont let you plaster or lay bricks on a labourers card anymore its all to do with insurance.
That's clever I'm sure labourers stay inside in safe corners of the building and don't move like a bricky or a plasterer does
Just another way to show what a shambles the cscs is

That's clever I'm sure labourers stay inside in safe corners of the building and don't move like a bricky or a plasterer does
Just another way to show what a shambles the cscs is
When you price for a job, mainly government stuff but it will probably count on most sites you need a qualified work force. if you dont, your insurance is gonna be a lot higher because your using unskilled workers. Now the problem with lets say Employing a Plastering company to carry out a massive job worth a lot of money, who only have labourers there is a chance they cant do it, or finish it, to a high standard so they wont get the contract.

Which will mean when your ringing for a skilled job with a labourers card you might not get a start or you might but the agent might not let you on the site. I dont make the rules or bury my head in the sand on this subject its real, there are plenty of lads who are starting to lose work because of this so wether you like it or not its here to stay and is gonna get more stringent and then maybe in the future the type of skilled card you have will be the difference between getting on site or not.

Cheers JB, supposed to register on Saturday. Still bit dubious about being contacted off spec by a call center and having to provide passport, utr and cscs information as will as £54. Was this the same for u, and is there anyone else out there used this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.