Condensation

Members online

A potential customer has a lot of black spot mold on exturnal bedroom wall. I plan to fix pollystyrine backed boards to this wall to provent cold tracking through. Will fixing boards direct to wall be ok or will i need to latt it and fix boards to latts to create a caverty?

The majority of condensation is caused by inhaling and exhaling. So I would suggest to them that a vapour barrier is needed.

@ProofShield be worth looking into
When you compare it against insulation boards it wins on all fronts
Obviously applied and ruled so skilled trade will be required but definitely the way forward imo
Saves buying any stud and saves time on application plus it’s what should be used on property

@ProofShield be worth looking into
When you compare it against insulation boards it wins on all fronts
Obviously applied and ruled so skilled trade will be required but definitely the way forward imo
Saves buying any stud and saves time on application plus it’s what should be used on property
Actually, mould paint should be your first port of call, but that doesn't drum up any work, does it?

A potential customer has a lot of black spot mold on exturnal bedroom wall. I plan to fix pollystyrine backed boards to this wall to provent cold tracking through. Will fixing boards direct to wall be ok or will i need to latt it and fix boards to latts to create a caverty?
Is it solid wall or cavity . Do they have adequate ventilation etc.?

Dotted all mine (though your meant to put timbers on) and not had no probs in 5 years they've been on.