Collated screwgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the collated attachment like twitcher do you use it much? Apparently the impact drivers more powerful than the others

I don't use the collated bit that much really.

the impact driver is really powerful. Sorts out the overboards

Spunky I had a concept. Jammed a bit too much for me. And had to keep the attachment clean and plenty of wd40. Really had to put pressure on when using it as the autofeed. The impact driver is the business though. I was using it to put in 4inch concrete fixings all the time and it never missed a beat.

I've got a couple of 110v Makitas and only suffer lots of jamming if I try to save to much on the screws or if I have a rasta working with me.

Weird innit look at the price ......cheers Steve and twitcher so to sum things up stick collated guns up you're ass unless it's a hilti

Dave there has been a few that recommend the makita lxt at probs half the price of an hilti, and i stand by what i say , for the money the makita is the best of the bunch (i have not used the hilti ) had the concept model that was re branded by jewson , best thing about it was the impact driver

Weird innit look at the price ......cheers Steve and twitcher so to sum things up stick collated guns up you're ass unless it's a hilti

Personally the cordless 18v makita with lithium-ion batterys, more value for money compared to the hilti, as posted earlier look after it and keep it clean, i use a hard bristled brush to keep all the grease n sh**e at bay and a good quality solicone spray or carb cleaner, i steer clear of wd-40. (about the only thing i dont use wd-40 for though)

HILTI all the way had makita and senco and they aint a patch on hilti, never jams not too heavy batterys last well and charger is fast lovely bit of kit well worth the money.................you get what you pay for!

I've had a few senco battery types and they just dont have the torque compared to the senco 110v. You get used to the lead really quickly and the 110v is a fair bit cheaper.

im looking for a screw gun for a job ive got comeing up but i dnt want a collated one as i was speaking to a dryliner and he said thier good but if you add up the time take changeing the strips and the extra cost getting collated screws its just as easy to fill ya pouch up with loose screws and go from there, so im after peoples opinions of the non collated screw guns what do people recomend and reasons (if poss), one thing i will say though is i dnt really want a hilti as i already have a mortgage and i dnt think the misses will appretciate anouther one for a screw gun haha:RpS_thumbup:

It takes seconds to change a strip. Also with a collated gun you have one hand free to hold the board.

I wouldnt listen to that dryliner friend of yours, he sounds like a moron.

There are 2 boarders on the job i'm taping at the moment. One has a Hilti like mine but without the collated end and the other is using an impact driver. The screws are either in too far or hanging out and it's slow as **** doing it that way. I would rather pay for the collated screws than use loose. They are r******d. They are using boards i'd skip and screwing every 14 - 16 inches.

Not sure, some people say they jam quite often.
They drive the screw into the end quite often and you have to spend about 10 minutes trying to get it out before you can use the gun again. The only gun worth buying is the hilti as it drives the screws in properly at the right depth virtually all the time and one battery will do about 1200 screws where as a senco drives the screws in rubbish and one battery will do about 500 screws and the Makita is slightly better but will still only do about 800 screws on one battery. I have been using the Hilti for about 8 years now and its well worth the extra price over the other guns if boarding is your job.

Every one seems to be using Makita & Panasonic impact drivers these days the noise drives me mad but they do work well and you have good control bedding the screw. All the drylining jobs ive been on have been on the large side with thousands of boards and ive never seen anyone use collated the boys dont like them as they take a bit of looking after its going to get nicked on a big job in London sooner or later and the companies just wont pay for the screws.

What you got? Ive got a hilti corded screw gun and to be honest there is nothing better i just hate leads around me.

Why? I already have one.
I meant a decent cordless. There is no shortage of power with the 22v Hilti. Sod trailing a cable around behind you. The r******d boarders on the site i'm on at the moment are using impact drivers and they couldn't set a screw tothe correct depth to save their lives. Actually told their gaffer today that I was finishing on Friday because I can't work with the c@nts.

i used my senco friday and i swear to god i nearly fcuked it in the bin!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to charge the 2 batteries twice..... i was double boarding and screwing into metal........i think im gonna shove it in the bin anyway but not until i get a new one and tbh i like the hilti i seen an old timer using one and he had the battery on a belt and i thought that was a great idea

i used my senco friday and i swear to god i nearly fcuked it in the bin!!!!!!!!!!!! i had to charge the 2 batteries twice..... i was double boarding and screwing into metal........i think im gonna shove it in the bin anyway but not until i get a new one and tbh i like the hilti i seen an old timer using one and he had the battery on a belt and i thought that was a great idea
That battery on a belt makes the drill lighter for doing ceilings but it gets in the way. I bought one for my old 18v Hilti and only used it twice.

im sure you would get used to it and to be honest if i had the spare cash laying around then i would go buy a hilti tomorrow, i used a makita a few times and i just dont like them

Status
Not open for further replies.