Claiming benefits

irish_spread

Private Member
Evening all.

First of all, thanks to everyone that has helped me out recently, much appreciated. Health updates are my new asthma medication seems to be working and my heart seems ok.
Unfortunately my hands shake that much that I can't even hold a cup of tea or put a spoon of sugar into a cup, massively frustrating. Apparently this maybe caused by 30+ yrs of alcohol dependence. Also they have found problems with my liver which sound quite serious. It looks like I'm going to have to give up the plastering which may sound great but it's actually quite depressing when it actually happens to you.

Having been living in London for the past 30 yrs, always paying tax, a bit light on the stamps lol and never having claimed benefits, it looks like I'm going to have to ."sign on". It's something I thought I'd never have to do but embarrassingly, I'm going to have to.

My question is, as a self employed person, is this possible ? Is there a sick benefit for self employed ?
Do they need to go through my NI history, do I need doctors letters etc. ? At the moment I can't even sign my name as my hands shake that much which won't help with any form filling.

Thanks in advance for any replies

I've no idea if you can sign on or not, I'm sure your GP or accountant can give some guidance

Hope your health picks up mate..

do you have insurance you can claim on for health?

i would get docs to sign you off and goto your council for what your entitled to. not job seekers

I was ill a few years back I got £80 a week didn’t cover Tesco’s shop . Claiming benefits is very complicated form filing etc . You need to find a friend to help with forms . Citizens might help. All those lazy c unts who never worked get loads of money. Good luck .

I was off for five weeks and can only claim contribution based sick pay which is seventy odd quid a week you only get it if your stamps are up to date I put my claim in four weeks ago not heard anything yet, bit different when they want my tax and NI contributions, then I am threatened with death if I haven’t paid. Oh the world of the public sector

I was off for five weeks and can only claim contribution based sick pay which is seventy odd quid a week you only get it if your stamps are up to date I put my claim in four weeks ago not heard anything yet, bit different when they want my tax and NI contributions, then I am threatened with death if I haven’t paid. Oh the world of the public sector

I only started paying stamps a couple of yrs ago

I only started paying stamps a couple of yrs ago
I’m not sure how many years they go by it might only be two or three. If yo can’t work you may be able to get support with universal credit (if it’s in your area) or whatever they call all the other benefits but you have to have savings of less than £16000 I think and your Mrs not earring or not earning a lot I’m not really sure but there is loads of help on line and you can claim Universal Credit on line it just takes about thirty years to come through being run by the public sector who don’t have to actually do anything except turn up, I think you can get emergency payments. Give it a go after all your not English although you are male, work and your white so out of the four you have one in your favour

I’m not sure how many years they go by it might only be two or three. If yo can’t work you may be able to get support with universal credit (if it’s in your area) or whatever they call all the other benefits but you have to have savings of less than £16000 I think and your Mrs not earring or not earning a lot I’m not really sure but there is loads of help on line and you can claim Universal Credit on line it just takes about thirty years to come through being run by the public sector who don’t have to actually do anything except turn up, I think you can get emergency payments. Give it a go after all your not English although you are male, work and your white so out of the four you have one in your favour

Cheers mate. Been paying tax and class 1 for 30 yrs, class 2 for 2 yrs. Maybe I should burn my passport, get a dinghy from Libya to Greece, turn up in London wearing rags and get myself a nice council house. Seems the way forward...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. I know nothing of the benefits system, if it were me I’d speak to citizens advice.......couldn’t hurt could it?
Jack in the booze, and with a positive mental attitude you will prevail.
All the very best.
Dropsalot.

It's difficult to get into that system after being self employed but once in the system, you can be entitled to slot. I know family members who live a nice lifestyle on it. New jeep every 2 years, everything fixed on it for free. Housing benefit and a weekly income. Plus wee day here or there doing cash jobs. Few holidays a year. Season ticket holders for football and nice Xmas,s

It's difficult to get into that system after being self employed but once in the system, you can be entitled to slot. I know family members who live a nice lifestyle on it. New jeep every 2 years, everything fixed on it for free. Housing benefit and a weekly income. Plus wee day here or there doing cash jobs. Few holidays a year. Season ticket holders for football and nice Xmas,s

To be honest it's not something I want to do and deffo not long term. The way I am at the moment it looks like I won't be fit to work for a long time. Like everyone I've got a mortgage and bills to pay but I know what you mean. I see neighbours that don't and never will work getting everything on a plate. Sickening

To be honest it's not something I want to do and deffo not long term. The way I am at the moment it looks like I won't be fit to work for a long time. Like everyone I've got a mortgage and bills to pay but I know what you mean. I see neighbours that don't and never will work getting everything on a plate. Sickening
Mate your self employed even if you don’t get much money your stamp gets registered

TBH, it doesn't sicken me. I'd rather see others benefit rather than them multi national companies cream it offshore for their big multi million dollar boats and houses they spend a few days a year in.

Evening all.

First of all, thanks to everyone that has helped me out recently, much appreciated. Health updates are my new asthma medication seems to be working and my heart seems ok.
Unfortunately my hands shake that much that I can't even hold a cup of tea or put a spoon of sugar into a cup, massively frustrating. Apparently this maybe caused by 30+ yrs of alcohol dependence. Also they have found problems with my liver which sound quite serious. It looks like I'm going to have to give up the plastering which may sound great but it's actually quite depressing when it actually happens to you.

Having been living in London for the past 30 yrs, always paying tax, a bit light on the stamps lol and never having claimed benefits, it looks like I'm going to have to ."sign on". It's something I thought I'd never have to do but embarrassingly, I'm going to have to.

My question is, as a self employed person, is this possible ? Is there a sick benefit for self employed ?
Do they need to go through my NI history, do I need doctors letters etc. ? At the moment I can't even sign my name as my hands shake that much which won't help with any form filling.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Hi im new to the forum, Im sad to hear of your situation. Benefits these days are getting pretty brutal and the best thing you can do is get as much support with your claim as possible. You need the backing of your doctor to say that you are unfit for work indefinitely, or until your symptoms reside, and the best place for helping you apply for the benefits is the citizens advice bureau who will help you with all aspects of your claim and even fill in your forms. Expect the unexpected with your claim, i know of multiple horror stories but persist and you will get the benefits you are entitled to, it may take a while to get it sorted. All the best.

Hi im new to the forum, Im sad to hear of your situation. Benefits these days are getting pretty brutal and the best thing you can do is get as much support with your claim as possible. You need the backing of your doctor to say that you are unfit for work indefinitely, or until your symptoms reside, and the best place for helping you apply for the benefits is the citizens advice bureau who will help you with all aspects of your claim and even fill in your forms. Expect the unexpected with your claim, i know of multiple horror stories but persist and you will get the benefits you are entitled to, it may take a while to get it sorted. All the best.

Thanks Morgan, appreciate it. Seeing citizens advice tomorrow. Can't believe how complicated it is. Never claimed a penny in my life. Had 9 mpnths off 8 yrs ago after a hit and run, lived off savings etc . Never realised how many hoops they make you jump through for something you have paid taxes all your life and yet some never work and live the life of Riley

Cheers mate. Been paying tax and class 1 for 30 yrs, class 2 for 2 yrs. Maybe I should burn my passport, get a dinghy from Libya to Greece, turn up in London wearing rags and get myself a nice council house. Seems the way forward...
Save all that bother just buy yourself a copy of the Koran, make sure that your Mrs doesn't show any flesh. Money should come flooding in.
Even though I won't see it I just know that gps will reply to this lol.

Thanks Morgan, appreciate it. Seeing citizens advice tomorrow. Can't believe how complicated it is. Never claimed a penny in my life. Had 9 mpnths off 8 yrs ago after a hit and run, lived off savings etc . Never realised how many hoops they make you jump through for something you have paid taxes all your life and yet some never work and live the life of Riley
Oh don’t say things about the scrounging barstards and their myriad of kids that we have to pay for, you. Will have me fizzing for weeks

I got refused bout 8 years back as i had just moved in with wife . Thiugh wasnt married so they said she had to keep me