Choice of Acrylic?

dean01

Hi all, I’ve been using Weberplast and k-rend acrylic top coats which are fine. But it’s expensive, any cheaper products that are just as good? If not where’s cheapest place to buy the Weber or k-rend ? Why I’m at it,I usually use lac for backing coat, again any cheaper version, and what u lot pay for lac. Thanks in advance !

Fassa, jub there’s a fair few about but its more on the base coats for me, and obviously the usability of them. Depends on the volumes your buying I guess as regards cost of product.

Johnstones is a good price. Atlas Avail is usually cheaper and all are good to a point, but I find the cheaper bucket material more gritty and the more expensive stuff finer to use. My favourite is Jub but mid priced.

Johnstones is a good price. Atlas Avail is usually cheaper and all are good to a point, but I find the cheaper bucket material more gritty and the more expensive stuff finer to use. My favourite is Jub but mid priced.
Yep the cheaper ones use more grit to bulk it out, my favourite is the new Parex revlane gear.

I've always liked K Rend sprays lovely...was shocked when I sprayed Fassa recently in comparison...very gritty...

Going to try Baumit next have heard good things...Fassa do great base coats though and cheap.

I've always liked K Rend sprays lovely...was shocked when I sprayed Fassa recently in comparison...very gritty...

Going to try Baumit next have heard good things...Fassa do great base coats though and cheap.
How's that machine mate?

Baumit is good gear mate, the texture is nice to use priced sensibly to

Haven't use yet mate got a nice little job to try it out on end of the month. Only doing one job a month at the moment until September.
Are you going to run it on the compressor that came with it or another one

Thanks mate...what did you get in the end?
I 90% hand apply bucket coat I do the odd bit for a commercial chain that's the only time I spay it, I've been using the ritmo with a gentilin and swing gun,
I'm gonna get an additional ritmo so no need now