Carpet damage and dustsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, so client see that I look after their house plus gives me complete peace of mind and when I finish up - put my clean trainers on when cleaning up

Put clean trainers on to sprint away with a wad of cash you overcharged them with lol :RpS_lol:

@ Helen123 He gave you a price told you carpets would be ruined and you accepted the quote and his terms. End of story

@ Ryan
Sue him and ask for his public liability insurance as he SHOULD use dust sheet ! Cowboy 'em
Terrible statement to come out with as quote and terms were agreed, so why sue the guy

You see - customers always liked clean plasterers who treat client's horn as his own - no matter how good plasterer. I'd get pile of clean dust sheets back of van and one dirty sheet for mixing. Best sheet with plastic membrane underneath to make sure that plaster don't seep thru

What a load of b*ll***s, trying to polish your own halo, glad to see you only have 1 dirty sheet and a pile of clean ones can't do much plastering then.
I don't post often but the above posts really do take the piss.
Not personal Ryan but this is an open forum and the terms etc were set by the plasterer in question, so he's not in the wrong

From the perspective of someone who isn't a plasterer. I think you (helen) have to accept responsibility for this one. Unless you explicitly said to the contractor please keep the carpets clean.

Love the green artex on the stairs, as someone said needs a complete gutting

Don't use customers mops and brushes either just incase they try the you broke it I want a new one. Carry mop and bucket when needed and wet n dry vacuum

any pictures of his plastering or is that first class and y just want him to pay for your carpet

it looks more like dog turds than plaster on the floor y want t get a painter in aswell scruffy get

@ Helen123 He gave you a price told you carpets would be ruined and you accepted the quote and his terms. End of story

@ Ryan
Sue him and ask for his public liability insurance as he SHOULD use dust sheet ! Cowboy 'em
Terrible statement to come out with as quote and terms were agreed, so why sue the guy

You see - customers always liked clean plasterers who treat client's horn as his own - no matter how good plasterer. I'd get pile of clean dust sheets back of van and one dirty sheet for mixing. Best sheet with plastic membrane underneath to make sure that plaster don't seep thru

What a load of b*ll***s, trying to polish your own halo, glad to see you only have 1 dirty sheet and a pile of clean ones can't do much plastering then.
I don't post often but the above posts really do take the piss.
Not personal Ryan but this is an open forum and the terms etc were set by the plasterer in question, so he's not in the wrong

wasn't you was it stuart ..... :RpS_unsure:

@Helen123 at best its a misunderstanding. when he told you the carpets would be ruined i dont understand why you didnt ask if he could sheet out as you wanted to keep them. pulling an old plaster and lathe ceiling is a messy job.

personally i would have sheeted out anyway unless they were being skipped at the end of the job, otherwise you'd be treading all the crap through the rest of the house for weeks to come. in picture one its already trodden into the living room.

LMAO@ Ryan part of this gang. As for offensive you only offended the poor guy who plastered that **** hole. Not me!

You shouldnt have accepted the fact your carpets would be ruined. You can cover a hsl carpet with 2 rolls of roll n stroll and would take half an hour max. No excuse. also I cant believe some of you are saying the place is a dump etc. Regardless of the state of tbe job you sheet it up correctly (I've priced new sheets onto a dirty job and binned them straight after). No excuse for the mess unless customer said carpet is being binned which isnt the case

went out with a girl named helen once. she was a psycho hosebeast ....:RpS_crying:

no offence helen, sure you're sound of mind

treat every job the same sheet out stay clean
plus always wen pricing up add the roll & stroll in to the cost

plus i find it better wen working in slightly dirty houses cause once finished and using the henry numatic hoover it looks a milloin times better then wen arrived

Get yourself a couple of rugs, or maybe some corrugated roofing sheets out of the nearest skip, and apply to go on 10 Minute Makeover.

Put my foot in it today whilst looking at a bedroom ceiling reskim . Told them I would still cover the old and dated fitted wardrobes anyway.
They are not getting rid and gave me a dirty look! :RpS_crying:

Last year I did a kitchen and I said I take It the floor tiles are going. She looked at me and said he finished laying them yesterday. Fuxk knows how I got out of that one

I was working in a laboratory and talking to the caretaker when a new starter, young, fit bird came in to do some cleaning. He went off and showed her the ropes.

When he came back later I said "aye up mate, is that your new plaything then?"

He said "no, it's my daughter!" .......

:RpS_thumbsup:
I was working in a laboratory and talking to the caretaker when a new starter, young, fit bird came in to do some cleaning. He went off and showed her the ropes.

When he came back later I said "aye up mate, is that your new plaything then?"

He said "no, it's my daughter!" .......

**** me just sort it out with him and stop the F*****g witch hunt....these customers posting 1 msg just to ask opinions after works been done are realy doing my head in....

you just know that they are the 1s that will have had half there towns spreads out to price a 2 day job and then gone with cheapest scrote and then moan about them after...

shoot me if im wrong but sorry just gets on my tits people whinging all the time and as said looks a a shithole probabley dint want to dirty his dust sheets!!!

Hahahaha can i hire you for my customer complaints line ?? :RpS_lol:

Like a lot of others on here I have worked :RpS_crying:eek:n some dumps and one of my clients is a letting agency that has a lot of low rent properties. I have nearly yacked many a time, that said though always put floor protection down and leave every job spotless (often cleaner than I found) can't imagine doing it any other way

I did some local council work where after stepping in the property i immediatley said had to leave and ran to spar shop on corner and got some vick and smeared it under my nose before going back in

Anyway this threads gotta be a wind up from someone on here lol.
Notice how proud housewife Helen never bit or said anything about the slagging off of her manky rotten carpet & the dump of a house that was also mentioned oh & the horrible green artex :RpS_wink:

Anyway this threads gotta be a wind up from someone on here lol.
Notice how proud housewife Helen never bit or said anything about the slagging off of her manky rotten carpet & the dump of a house that was also mentioned oh & the horrible green artex :RpS_wink:
Was thinkin the same:RpS_lol:

Was thinkin the same:RpS_lol:

Someone done a job on an empty council house or similar & thought this'll be a laugh for the forum & took some pics :RpS_biggrin:
well that's what I would've done anyway :RpS_thumbsup:

or maybe it was caspers work again :-0 remember the leather chairs :RpS_unsure:

The leather suite ....lol
A wipe down with a damp cloth would have sorted it:RpS_lol:

was there not a can of bud on a rad aswell????:RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.