Buying a machine

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can defo see the benefits of having at least another person or someone spraying, I've always found it hard to find other reliable and good plasterers, the good ones quite rightly usually have their own work and will drop you like a stone just when you need them. The good thing is if I got help in with this machine they don't need to be able to plaster to spray

I can defo see the benefits of having at least another person or someone spraying, I've always found it hard to find other reliable and good plasterers, the good ones quite rightly usually have their own work and will drop you like a stone just when you need them. The good thing is if I got help in with this machine they don't need to be able to plaster to spray
We do just me and a lad , ok he has been with me 6/7 years ,works for me i spray and rule , he jumps on to help in between , he knows more about the machine then i do now

Hiring a ritmo at the moment, I throws it on fast I wouldn't need anything faster on my own, could defo do with a hopper. I'm just chucking through what's available to me to test it out. Doing an old farm house were one coat was specified (unlevel walls rounded corners etc) it went through a dream, first day I took it easy and got used to the machine with no probs just wanted to get used to the workings today a blasted loads on, it gave me a right run around spraying flattening cleaning without trying to **** up. It's a great machine I'm sure it'll get easier the more I use it. Doing some hardwall Tuesday any tips? Water and speed settings etc how would you tackle it on your own as a system (spray how much? then flatten float etc)got about 3 rooms, good learning ground.
When your devil floating the hardwall give it a mist of water otherwise it will tear up

Hiring a ritmo at the moment, I throws it on fast I wouldn't need anything faster on my own, could defo do with a hopper. I'm just chucking through what's available to me to test it out. Doing an old farm house were one coat was specified (unlevel walls rounded corners etc) it went through a dream, first day I took it easy and got used to the machine with no probs just wanted to get used to the workings today a blasted loads on, it gave me a right run around spraying flattening cleaning without trying to **** up. It's a great machine I'm sure it'll get easier the more I use it. Doing some hardwall Tuesday any tips? Water and speed settings etc how would you tackle it on your own as a system (spray how much? then flatten float etc)got about 3 rooms, good learning ground.
I've mostly sprayed hardwall n IMO u need 2 men . It has a lot faster setting time than mp75 and renders , you will get a build up in the mixing chamber very quickly.even if its just stopped for a couple minits You need a sprayer n a ruler keep it as continuos as possible and spray for an hour n half 2 max.. If your gna spray longer wash out n go again. Keep an eye on the pressure plate too . U get a lot of build up there n it plays with the consistency of the mix n as the whole gets smaller it backs up ( I learned the hardway) I scraped n cleaned it every day when using hardwall it takes five minits if u keep on top ov it. N u will hav plenty time as the hardwall holds back a lot longer when you spray it . Gud luck pal

When your devil floating the hardwall give it a mist of water otherwise it will tear up

I never experienced ths problem do you rub up as soon as you can float over it or or do you let it pick up quite abit till its hard the go over it ?

hardwall, those big diamond face floats are good for floating it. or a sponge float closing everything in so it can be left till its set and the labourer could go around with the Plane and the devil float. You wanna scrape it through with a spat before you skim aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.