Buying a machine

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass

I'm going to bite the bullet and get a machine I've been threatening for ages, I've had enough of being let down by people (hand applied) and want to get a decent output on my own. Which would be the best machine for someone on there own, I know everyone crows on about ritmo but I want as much power as I can get for a machine that can be solo used. I'm going to hire first and see how I get on where's best place bearing in mind I'm from Somerset? I'll be using for CPI, hardwall skim etc. does CPI have waterproofed in it?

Look at both companies :) Mtec and PFT both do different things and I would have a trial with each machine (if you can)

Its a big investment so choose wisely :)

Danny

Most people would need an extra pair of hands to render by hand up scaffolding but I've nearly always done it on my own so I'm used to a bit of running around, is there a hopper that can be loaded with a few bags to get going?? And can the machines be stopped easily?

seabass.
give me a ring today and i will have a chat with you to see whats best perhaps you can come to the depot and see a demo of a machine. trouble with a bigger machine than a ritmo is you will struggle to move it alone.
a ritmo is a good size machine and will mix and pump your gear straight on the wall. there is an ext hopper for it if you want it to hold up to six bags

Sea I bought a ritmo about 6 months ago.you don't need anything bigger for a 2/1 gang.i have sprayed CPI,mp75 and mono through mine.it is small enough to pop into your van and cart around no worries.
You can easily spray about 80 metres of mono in the morning/afternoon ready to scratch back with a few guys
I have sprayed about 30 pallets of CPI through it also.the ritmo would be ideal.oh and u bought off jonesy.(pft dealer from the valleys)!!!

Ritmo is what you are after really, easy in and out the van and quick to set up. I sprayed 24 bags of cpi Sunday morning floating in a little extension, on my todd as my lad goes fishing at the weekends. Set the machine up outside, extension hopper on and full up, I was spraying withing 20mins. It's just so quick, clean and efficent. Even for such a small area. You won't look back.

I don't remember bobby, wasn't exactly cheap. But its worth every penny. To be honest it isn't often it don't get plonked on top.

I'll get some pics up when I get a chance, as you said all it is is a few bits of metal welded together although I made mine out of stainless steel:)
was bored last weekend so thought I'd make one

Andy how cum you ain't using your machine much.
Have u been skimming for the last two year

To be honest Ian we tried to use it on a Hardwall job some time back but couldn't get it to run properly so to make sure the jobs have run smoothly we've hand applied all Hardwall since. Stu asked to borrow our Ritmo with the skim setup a while ago to do some demos and to check it was running correctly, as we haven't got round to getting it back we've even ended up applying Parex by hand this summer.

Hiring a ritmo at the moment, I throws it on fast I wouldn't need anything faster on my own, could defo do with a hopper. I'm just chucking through what's available to me to test it out. Doing an old farm house were one coat was specified (unlevel walls rounded corners etc) it went through a dream, first day I took it easy and got used to the machine with no probs just wanted to get used to the workings today a blasted loads on, it gave me a right run around spraying flattening cleaning without trying to **** up. It's a great machine I'm sure it'll get easier the more I use it. Doing some hardwall Tuesday any tips? Water and speed settings etc how would you tackle it on your own as a system (spray how much? then flatten float etc)got about 3 rooms, good learning ground.

To be honest Ian we tried to use it on a Hardwall job some time back but couldn't get it to run properly so to make sure the jobs have run smoothly we've hand applied all Hardwall since. Stu asked to borrow our Ritmo with the skim setup a while ago to do some demos and to check it was running correctly, as we haven't got round to getting it back we've even ended up applying Parex by hand this summer.

ur nuts

Your gonna have to bite the bullet and accept that until you use it a fair bit then you will mess it up and things won't run smoothly. To own that piece of kit and not be using it is mental. If you need someone to come along with experiance with the machine and different materials then just give me a pm. I'll just bill you a days money and will make sure we work hard enough to cover it :RpS_thumbsup:

Hiring a ritmo at the moment, I throws it on fast I wouldn't need anything faster on my own, could defo do with a hopper. I'm just chucking through what's available to me to test it out. Doing an old farm house were one coat was specified (unlevel walls rounded corners etc) it went through a dream, first day I took it easy and got used to the machine with no probs just wanted to get used to the workings today a blasted loads on, it gave me a right run around spraying flattening cleaning without trying to **** up. It's a great machine I'm sure it'll get easier the more I use it. Doing some hardwall Tuesday any tips? Water and speed settings etc how would you tackle it on your own as a system (spray how much? then flatten float etc)got about 3 rooms, good learning ground.

All on your own?? Nice, likin that

Status
Not open for further replies.