Brick effect render...

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much sand and cement would i need for a 20m long garden wall that is 1m at its highest point. and also what sand do you use for brick effect render

Use a pre bagged product mate , one off the most effective ones is Wallcrete vhave look in the wallcrete section

It is Decorative concrete and cement finishers work. It is not considered plasterers work, even though it is troweled on the wall. First you need to prep your wall by use of mechanical means, diamond grind it, sandblast, or pressure wash. You can use wire lathe and drill it in using tapcon screws of concrete nails. Or use a bonding agent over the entire back round and scratch and next day brown it(render). No beads are typically installed. Mix the material, typically the cement is colored with a liquid or powder color hardner. nylon fibers are added to the mix for strength and protect against hair line cracking. Trowel the material if you are going to use concrete stamps or texture skins. If you want a very thin microtopping use a hopper gun sprayer over stencil sheets. Once you have troweled on some decent square footage(Meterage) fall back to the starting position. Spray down your stamps and troweled wall using a garden pump sprayer with a liquid release agent. Start stamping or texture the wall with the skins or stamps by tapping them into the wet cement gently. Do not play with it too much or you could have material fall off the wall. Make sure you keep your stamps clean by wiping them down with a clean rag every couple taps. Let the wall get hard. Next day while your wall is still green you need to detail the wall. Use a concrete rubbing stone and rub out all your joints and lap marks left over by the stamps. You can add additional color to wall or stones if desired. you can hand color each individual stone if desired. Seal wall using a clear or colored sealer. You can use a water based concrete sealer or solvent based.

Iv'e seen them doing this a fair bit on high rise flats down here in bristol, it looks mental...It actually looks better than face bricks...

It's a thin coat system to, am i right?

How is it done?...I bet there Is a lot of setting out to do marking all the bricks?..

I priced a huge back of house earlier, that has to be block marked in sand and cement

They did the one in Bedminster, brick slips, large tower block. Near Asda.

Status
Not open for further replies.