Brick effect render...

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

Iv'e seen them doing this a fair bit on high rise flats down here in bristol, it looks mental...It actually looks better than face bricks...

It's a thin coat system to, am i right?

How is it done?...I bet there Is a lot of setting out to do marking all the bricks?..

I priced a huge back of house earlier, that has to be block marked in sand and cement

Parex do a thin coat stensel you buy them in huge sheets pop them on your base then go over with your top coat then just peel of its a piece of piss

These lads where cutting the joints out though to reveal the grey colour underneath with a little straight edge and what looked like an ashlar tool...

Smart as f**k..

there are two different systems available in the uk.
"Brick effect" = grey back coat render with red top coat render (both coats must be applied good) with the brick joints cut back with a small cutting tool to reveal the joints from the grey underneath.

"brick slip" system these are actual pre manufactured brick tiles very thin and flexi can be stuck over most backgrounds even EWI systems using their carrier sheet -some carrier sheets even have raised sections that do the spacing of the slips for you to achieve the perfect brickwork config.

Personally I aint a fan because I think if its worth installing an ewi walling system it looks better with a rendered finish and if you like brickwork you prob want the real thing but they do look realistic and housing assosiasions have used em

sounds like krend brick rend, im with plasterjfe on it, brick slips look like cladding, :-\

Takes to long to set out in my opinion... if your out of level 1-2mm it will show on a long run... not worth the bother...

Theres a big one been done near me, they have made a nice job of it very straight neat and what have you but it does look false it stands out a mile

they did some houses where i used to live some of them where a skin of bricks and the rest brick effect the brick looked better

it's a piece of piss but boring as f uck

That depends really on what the client wants if your doing several houses and the courses all need to line up even if there is a step in the original brick work, It takes alot ov thinking to match it all up fair enough if you have a soldier course you can lose most of it there but the job we are on at the min they want the stipple as flat as it can be really to match other houses on the estate so you have to stipple it twice and the system that is being used at this job is the cheapest around and dries within 30 mins after being appiled

These lads where cutting the joints out though to reveal the grey colour underneath with a little straight edge and what looked like an ashlar tool...

Smart as ****..

we always use levels and cutting tools we make are self's and have done for the last 10 years i do agree with other comments tho that say it looks to neat allmost as if it unreal

the brickwork you are talking about is what i learnt at college when you do nvq level 3 exam work. you render wall flat and then mark out brickwork with ashlar tool and then unless you want it plain you can fill each brick in using a small tool to make it raised and look like old brickwork. looks good when it done

what if you cock it up and get your joints wrong... can you just bung a bit of stiffish top coat in it?

what if you cock it up and get your joints wrong... can you just bung a bit of stiffish top coat in it?

If you mess the joints up it hard to hide you have to get it right first time

Facade Uk brick effect rendering and coatings i did some work for these guys donkeys years ago setting out the base coat for them to apply the top coat, guy had patented a system for marking out and colouring the finished render, im not kidding it is the dogs danglys, tbh i always thought one of the bigger firms would pick up on it. i am in no way affiliated to these guys btw

It's a wire cutter shaped to the correct joint width, which runs over a straight edge - I believe Wetherby sell them, though just as easy to make one up. I think WBS charge about a tenner?

It is a cutting tool and the manufacturer of the render brick material should be able to sell you one.

You can make one up if you know how.

Just noticed? I am a private member. Whats that entitle me to?
you can chat in the private section, i will tell you the rest in there.
i have put in a welcome message for you,only the special ones can see it..

Last edited:
It's a wire cutter shaped to the correct joint width, which runs over a straight edge - I believe Wetherby sell them, though just as easy to make one up. I think WBS charge about a tenner?

Wby do sell em. Seen them at the counter

aye marra.............so get postin........................ just do what asif does and post any old rubbish..........:RpS_thumbup:

Depends what the private members think about you? if your a bit of a cock. its more, hence I was nearly 3000 posts:RpS_crying:

how much sand and cement would i need for a 20m long garden wall that is 1m at its highest point. and also what sand do you use for brick effect render

98979338-33DA-4F97-8F04E53634727235_zps1ef18644.png

Status
Not open for further replies.