Blue grit question.

Members online

swimmingpaul

Ive got a load of artex walls and ceilings to cover, its all painted a mixture of matt and silk emulsion. Im thinking of blue gritting the lot to save me from putting coat after coat of pva on but ive never used it before. My question is I know it needs a minimum of 24 hours to dry but is it ok to leave it longer ? About 2 or 3 days and when its dry can you just skim straight onto it ? ( ill be mixing a bit of bonding in my first coat too ).
Thanks in advance.

done that before and works really well, just wanted to avoid putting about 3 coats of pva on ! and fancied trying something different to pva. ? cheers Andy.

As above pva the lot. That blue grit s**t is to messy .a decorater put it on two lids for me.it had more stiple than the artex .and had to put more gear on to cover it .

Ive got a load of artex walls and ceilings to cover, its all painted a mixture of matt and silk emulsion. Im thinking of blue gritting the lot to save me from putting coat after coat of pva on but ive never used it before. My question is I know it needs a minimum of 24 hours to dry but is it ok to leave it longer ? About 2 or 3 days and when its dry can you just skim straight onto it ? ( ill be mixing a bit of bonding in my first coat too ).
Thanks in advance.
Coat of pva and sand dry in 2hours and if you whant leave it for days

Blue grit sticks like cit to a blanket.. Don't splash windows or anything as near impossible to get off. Give it a good mix as sand settles in the tub. Mask up surfaces like skirting and windows and roll on the blue grit then cut in edges with brush. You can leave for months before you skim. Really porous artex I use gardz as a really good sealer and alow to dry for 12 hours then Pva and skim. Emulsion on artex you won't go wrong with blue grit

• Agree
Reactions: Djr