BG state multi finish IS suitable to spray

I'm ordering a pallet of spray finish for end of next month if you want a few bags I'll meet up,drop you a few bags to have a bash with.I only at junction 26.
Oooh you da man!!
Count me in mate. Been itching to try it but a full pallet for now is a bit of a stretch.
Thanks again. I'll pm you.

You're a good'n pete (y)
Fed up with talking and asking about it tbh was planning on doing it earlier in the year and no one seems to have any advise about it,it can be hand applied as well so thought sod it I'll find out myself what the gear is like,I'll have a hire of few machines and see.. can only order a pallet and not going to use the whole lot so no problem..cee vee seems same as me in that I want to do things a different way if it can then I will..not bothered about the knauff stuff tbh even though it looks like a lot like the look of it,fair enough.

Truth be told I don't have the first idea about any of the machines it's all a bit sci-fi to me , but I do really enjoy reading all the threads about them , its always proper entertaining (y).
Out of all the guys on here that I would of thought would want a machine you would be top of the list .. How come you not bothered about spraying finish plaster even ?

Thats why I am sitting on the fence at the moment time will tell if the hype is true
Hes saving up a while now I think

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yes I am, I did contact them a month ago regarding the m 200 and was told I could put a deposit down which was not a good idea for me as there is no reviews or feedback on the it yet and I don't buy anything blind , so will wait and see

Thats why I am sitting on the fence at the moment time will tell if the hype is true

Yes I am, I did contact them a month ago regarding the m 200 and was told I could put a deposit down which was not a good idea for me as there is no reviews or feedback on the it yet and I don't buy anything blind , so will wait and see
I doubt there's hype, more like marketing that is, it's always 2 weeks to arrive, was 2 weeks 2 weeks ago, now next week. I agree why would you put deposit down for something which not even exist on paper, some did tho reading other threads.

Fed up with talking and asking about it tbh was planning on doing it earlier in the year and no one seems to have any advise about it,it can be hand applied as well so thought sod it I'll find out myself what the gear is like,I'll have a hire of few machines and see.. can only order a pallet and not going to use the whole lot so no problem..cee vee seems same as me in that I want to do things a different way if it can then I will..not bothered about the knauff stuff tbh even though it looks like a lot like the look of it,fair enough.
Same as you Pete.
I want to try different ways...I've been doing this over 20 years now and my body is starting to tell...

I think I get so tired because of the application. Handballing gear from the bucket onto a hop up and spreading the stuff is what's giving people I know tennis elbow etc.
If I can eliminate that part I'm sure it will benefit me...even if it's no faster.

The eze might be a stepping stone. If I get on with it I might then eliminate mixing by getting a ritmo...

Getting into pissed up talk now :)

You could sell them both and buy one machine Bobby !!
I'm happy mate tbh
Let's see what this machine can do on site
It's easy to say it's gonna be the best machine out there before it comes out Keith
I had my ritmo pumping bagged sand & cement the other day with 25m of hose on no problem at all
A few days later I was using my G4 to pump lime render basecoat.
I've got a large amount of mono coming up on a site soon so the G4 with earn its money
The ritmo will spray every material out there

Regarding the original post.

@currier has done a fair bit of trial and error on site with spraying plaster. The material forms a skin and gradually causes blockages. This makes perfect sense as it does behave this way to your trowels. Unless BG have changed the formula then i would heed to what they state on their bags which is not suitable for spray application.

The spray suitable finishes don't do the same so there must be a difference.

My own opinion is its messy and pointless. The machine may apply a 100 m2 area in 20 minutes just as you would if 4-5 plasterers came helped you lay on. BUT... how can less people finish it ? The material is following a setting pattern and applying the plaster is only 1 process out of a minimum of 5.

BY Hand If 1 man puts 25 mts on the wall in a normal set it takes the best part of 3 hrs to finish it. If he puts 50 mts on he will be working very hard and that set will take much longer than a normal set to finish. No way can you maintain quality ,cleanliness and prepp for next set as you would in a normal set applied by hand.

People might tell you different but i speak from genuine hands on experience and nothing else.

My position is if they extend the setting times it could be useful, but the mess issue should be addressed (dust sheets wont last long dripping in wet skim everyday) 1 big spray first thing and then prepping trowelling and cleaning the rest of the day. There should be a clear advantage and labour/time as there is with using a machine to apply other products.

Regarding the original post.

@currier has done a fair bit of trial and error on site with spraying plaster. The material forms a skin and gradually causes blockages. This makes perfect sense as it does behave this way to your trowels. Unless BG have changed the formula then i would heed to what they state on their bags which is not suitable for spray application.

The spray suitable finishes don't do the same so there must be a difference.

My own opinion is its messy and pointless. The machine may apply a 100 m2 area in 20 minutes just as you would if 4-5 plasterers came helped you lay on. BUT... how can less people finish it ? The material is following a setting pattern and applying the plaster is only 1 process out of a minimum of 5.

BY Hand If 1 man puts 25 mts on the wall in a normal set it takes the best part of 3 hrs to finish it. If he puts 50 mts on he will be working very hard and that set will take much longer than a normal set to finish. No way can you maintain quality ,cleanliness and prepp for next set as you would in a normal set applied by hand.

People might tell you different but i speak from genuine hands on experience and nothing else.

My position is if they extend the setting times it could be useful, but the mess issue should be addressed (dust sheets wont last long dripping in wet skim everyday) 1 big spray first thing and then prepping trowelling and cleaning the rest of the day. There should be a clear advantage and labour/time as there is with using a machine to apply other products.
How much longer on the setting time would you want ?
1-2 more hours?

Vince you're planning on using extra time in your mixes! Am I right mate?
Might sound crazy but lets look at all the things everyone has said who have experience of spraying.
Then it seems to make sense,well to me it does ,lol..
Plasterer can decide how long they want or need the set to last.
Thing about all the spreads on here is everyone does different types of work and jobs but plaster is the same set time.

Tha
Might sound crazy but lets look at all the things everyone has said who have experience of spraying.
Then it seems to make sense,well to me it does ,lol..
Plasterer can decide how long they want or need the set to last.
Thing about all the spreads on here is everyone does different types of work and jobs but plaster is the same set time.

Listening to a plasterer that has tons of experience within the industry has got to be worth listening too surely.he sells machine also

Tha

Listening to a plasterer that has tons of experience within the industry has got to be worth listening too surely.he sells machine also
I am bobby , he said if it had more time it would be worth while, I think?

How come you not bothered about the knauf gear, I think would be much better gear for domestic one man band, much easier to clean the machine and gives you more time to play with the gear on the wall. Or the possible sanding putting you off?

How come you not bothered about the knauf gear, I think would be much better gear for domestic one man band, much easier to clean the machine and gives you more time to play with the gear on the wall. Or the possible sanding putting you off?

Tbh I got no reason to not like the knauff spray I not seen or used it , always liked the feel of thistle finish.

Knauf is a different beast.
What puts me off MP finish is the possibility of slumping on deeper fills. I found it hard to master but once I got it, it was fine...but in a machine where the mix needs to be wetter....?
Airless is a no go for the type of work I do...although I'm trying to change that I can't seem to find an opening.

I don't care about getting more on. I just want to ease the strain on my body.

Knauf is a different beast.
What puts me off MP finish is the possibility of slumping on deeper fills. I found it hard to master but once I got it, it was fine...but in a machine where the mix needs to be wetter....?
Airless is a no go for the type of work I do...although I'm trying to change that I can't seem to find an opening.

I don't care about getting more on. I just want to ease the strain on my body.
To be fair all I care is for the gear to be consistent, not like nowadays that on Monday it's flash setting and tearing by Friday it wouldn't set even of you burn the fecking house down.
Looking at the videos I like the simplicity of the airless, I'm about to try a pallet of mpfinish week after next on new boards.

I might have my head in cloud cuckoo land thinking this might work on domestic with thistle spray or multifinish but am going to try it anyway some of my jobs I think are good for it and alot will not be (especially with sofa and t.v in the room,lol) .
Either way I will give it a bash and find out..the main reasons I not rushed into a machine to be honest is if I can't make it work then no point me buying one ..starting to think to myself though all the companies that make all the plaster and all types of machines missing a trick really..everything seems gear towards outdoor or site work to make the purchase of plaster and machine worth while when there is a massive market for the smaller fry like me that would be willing to make a purchase and want it to be able to work on jobs we do.
If it's a no go after a dabble and I am in cuckoo land then fine I'll stick to normal crazy ways I do things anyway.
Just a shame if that's true.

I might have my head in cloud cuckoo land thinking this might work on domestic with thistle spray or multifinish but am going to try it anyway some of my jobs I think are good for it and alot will not be (especially with sofa and t.v in the room,lol) .
Either way I will give it a bash and find out..the main reasons I not rushed into a machine to be honest is if I can't make it work then no point me buying one ..starting to think to myself though all the companies that make all the plaster and all types of machines missing a trick really..everything seems gear towards outdoor or site work to make the purchase of plaster and machine worth while when there is a massive market for the smaller fry like me that would be willing to make a purchase and want it to be able to work on jobs we do.
If it's a no go after a dabble and I am in cuckoo land then fine I'll stick to normal crazy ways I do things anyway.
What machine you thinking of Pete?

I don't think you're in cuckoo land, you got valid points, but as said before multifinish is not the best to spray, knauf gear is crap on reskims although fits the machine.