Best way for NVQ 3 help needed.

CeeVee

I need my NVQ 3 and I've emailed various firms but they never get back to me.

Prices range from £1200 to £5400 for the same thing...and some wont accept the advanced learner loan which I'll need.

I need onsite visits...can anyone help?

I was doing work on inter serve jobs and each contractor needed an allocated supervisor so I got a two day course. It was utter shite, mind numbing and then a multiple choice test at the end.

I was doing work on inter serve jobs and each contractor needed an allocated supervisor so I got a two day course. It was utter shite, mind numbing and then a multiple choice test at the end.
A mate lent me the site supervisor book he got...oh my God...
Its just another option, but I'm definitely going down the assessor/teacher route.

I think that you'll have to pass PTTLS as well to get into teaching/training.
Yeah.
PTLLS for teaching, what was the old A1 for assessing and the SSSTS for supervising.

I can't do this anymore. I've given myself a year.

A mate lent me the site supervisor book he got...oh my God...
Its just another option, but I'm definitely going down the assessor/teacher route.
Good luck to you mate, best wishes with that. I did see a job local to me teaching in the prison, so there are a few different routes to pursue if I wanted.

Yeah.
PTLLS for teaching, what was the old A1 for assessing and the SSSTS for supervising.

I’ve got a five year plan, I’ll be forty then and I need to have my life sorted out by then :eek:

Yeah.

Is this machine malarkey broke your enthusiasm mate? Change is good sometimes

Is this machine malarkey broke your enthusiasm mate? Change is good sometimes
Hasn't just broken my enthusiasm...its broken me as a person :frio:
Whole trades done me. All customers are c**ts lately and I seem to have forgotten how to price. Been at it 25 years and I'm no better off.

Good luck to you mate, best wishes with that. I did see a job local to me teaching in the prison, so there are a few different routes to pursue if I wanted.
Yeah I was looking at the prison teaching too.
Seems they're crying out for it...unless the teachers keep getting murdered...:envidioso

Get your plan sorted mate and get out

Whole trades done me. All customers are c**ts lately and I seem to have forgotten how to price. Been at it 25 years and I'm no better off.
Sorry to hear that mate

I hate reading this from few guys on here about same age lately , I’m battling every flipping week tbh with jobs , I’m positive most are same mate , really hope you get mojo back , job wise I just wanted to say I always never know if I’m to high to low or what the hell going on or how the hell people make there minds up after a quote , one thing I did read though other day was discussion about similar scenario as you describe , guy was thinking to go into teaching and jack it all off but another guy who had done it said bare in mind it’s hard to get back into the game when you’ve left , said it was like starting out all over again

I hate reading this from few guys on here about same age lately , I’m battling every flipping week tbh with jobs , I’m positive most are same mate , really hope you get mojo back , job wise I just wanted to say I always never know if I’m to high to low or what the hell going on or how the hell people make there minds up after a quote , one thing I did read though other day was discussion about similar scenario as you describe , guy was thinking to go into teaching and jack it all off but another guy who had done it said bare in mind it’s hard to get back into the game when you’ve left , said it was like starting out all over again
Why on earth would anyone want to get back into it if you’d just got away, weekends and numerous school holidays for cash jobs if you wanted to keep your hand in.

Why on earth would anyone want to get back into it if you’d just got away, weekends and numerous school holidays for cash jobs if you wanted to keep your hand in.
Tbh mate I think it was crapper money and not as rewarding as he first thought it might be

C5717A3D-5739-45D3-9CAE-44F14A20742F.jpeg
Make sure the inmates have a good thorough shower after a day on the tools

There’s no respect for plasterers here,i’ve been trying to figure it out for years and have come to the conclusion that there’s always c**ts that will work for f**k all and that fucks it up for everyone else.

If theres one thing ive learned from pricing is you no your value what your worth never back down to a customer on price.
1. Youll hate the customer
2. Youll hate the job
3. Youll not give 100 %

If the customer doesnt take your price then there not your customer stick to your guns enjoy the time off. Its positivity once you drop them prices the bad customers will come with it and its mentally hard to get back to were you want to be because youve under valued yourself.
Any decent spread should be getting 150 plus theres always going to be divvies charging buttons but thats life.
Anyway back to the original post my dads mate got a lucky break , my dad taught him to plaster. he ended up getting into the college as an assesor with nothing then quickly done his exams dont ask how. But he loves it like said above does his own bits at weekends and holidays , the customers love the fact hes an assesor. He didnt come across as the teacher type but hes done well with the spotty nose toerags.

Ive thought about going down the teaching route but I’ve heard the horror stories about mind numbing amounts of paperwork, constantly reducing funds and the aggro from the little shits that are there to make up numbers. If you can get past all that then I’m sure it’s a nice change and a good way to see your working years out. Personally I honestly don’t think that route is for me.
Either way @CeeVee, all the best mate.

If theres one thing ive learned from pricing is you no your value what your worth never back down to a customer on price.
1. Youll hate the customer
2. Youll hate the job
3. Youll not give 100 %

If the customer doesnt take your price then there not your customer stick to your guns enjoy the time off. Its positivity once you drop them prices the bad customers will come with it and its mentally hard to get back to were you want to be because youve under valued yourself.
Any decent spread should be getting 150 plus theres always going to be divvies charging buttons but thats life.
Anyway back to the original post my dads mate got a lucky break , my dad taught him to plaster. he ended up getting into the college as an assesor with nothing then quickly done his exams dont ask how. But he loves it like said above does his own bits at weekends and holidays , the customers love the fact hes an assesor. He didnt come across as the teacher type but hes done well with the spotty nose toerags.
That sounds bang on to me. Just odd bit of weekend work if and when.

It was the teacher letting down the students when I was at college the old boy in camels head college, Plymouth. Never made it out of his office away from his newspaper, lazy fecker was just tossing it off for an easy life.

Ive thought about going down the teaching route but I’ve heard the horror stories about mind numbing amounts of paperwork, constantly reducing funds and the aggro from the little shits that are there to make up numbers. If you can get past all that then I’m sure it’s a nice change and a good way to see your working years out. Personally I honestly don’t think that route is for me.
Either way @CeeVee, all the best mate.
Rossi's office :sisi:

IMG_1590.JPG

The way plastering is going I can’t see there being anybody to teach, can’t get young folk into it. Want to be overnight millionaires selling drugs bumming about on computers.