Bad plastering

Members online

Well and truly Caspered and thousands of satisfied customers and repeat business. Get back to your cheap lager. Peasants!!!

Well and truly Caspered and thousands of satisfied customers and repeat business. Get back to your cheap lager. Peasants!!!
For real ..when you zoom in on your very best work?

Screenshot_20201030-230544.png

Very weak wee man. Just you stick to being a Janny
But knob head... I do property maintenance. Some skimming is part of that to get things shipshape again on a renovation.

Thing is, I pick up the trowel a couple of times a month and I'm an order of magnitude better than you.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Plasterwork is their problem. Especially plasterwork that’s falling apart.
You act like it’s because it’s a council house it shouldn’t matter.
Being a council house doesn’t mean you should put up with bad workmanship. You’re making excuses for s**t workmanship.

No one has any pride in the work they do these days. It’s all about money money money.
I could not do a job like that if I was in a trade. Be it a council house or private job! I take too much pride in what I do.
Do you work?

Do you work?
Well I do, bloody hard, and I'm in a housing association house (council transferred it). But they skimmed the hall and stairs when the old victorian plaster finish came off, and did a nice job of it including under the radiators.

Gurva is wrong, anything that can significantly affect the value of the property is the landlords responsibility, and you need to ask permission to make big changes. In our case they let me fit the kitchen for complicated reasons, but they levelled the kitchen floor first, and wouldn't let me do or get the hall plastering done, preferred their own known tradesmen. Usually its a case of them having some guaranteed contractual recourse/insurance to recover against if it all goes tits up.

Hi all,

I had my living room replastered. I live in a council house and it was done by a council employed plasterer.

He has made it an absolute mess. It looks ok in direct light, but an absolute mess when light shines on it from the side. It also feels all lumpy and bumpy.

I did complain about parts of it, he came back to “fix” it, but he didn’t seem to really care.

My question is - is this fixable? Can it be sanded to look better? Or will I need to give up and get a textured paper put up?

Thanks in advance. View attachment 55131View attachment 55127View attachment 55128View attachment 55129View attachment 55130View attachment 55131
Oi that’s our tax money paying for that it’s a grand job,