Bad plastering and plasterer refusing to fix it or even come look

Members online

Good conversation this, the truth is its all about supply anD demand in your area.
we all charge as much as we can possibly get. if we knew what the customer had in his head we would get every job we wanted. we all go through phases of earning big money for little effort but it seldom goes on forever. it does not matter in the end what anyone else is earning because i will not be asking anyone on here to top up my money if i have a bad week or giving away any.
Also out of our so called wage we have loads of deductions and i spend as much time picking up gear cleaning out van and quoting than on the tools.
what do you think of sticking beads on with tape @luke105 your reply could swing this for you.

never tried it. Saw a lad doing it once. I think it would crack but who knows.

I cannot remember personally seeing anything worse than this and I’ve been doing it for forty six years obviously still a pup compared to @The Hobo. Let him take you to court and tell the local paper about him they may run a story so you can stop anyone eLes suffering this jerks work
Hi how would you plaster over an RSJ. on here there's a librarian who had a botched plastering job done and was just wondering how it's done. would you use angle bead to repair corner or just plaster up to a feather edge cheers.

No it's common sense. The customer is thinking about the job TODAY.

So I come and offer the solution TODAY.

And that's it. In the customer's mind, it's all sorted out and the job's all but done. No need to ring anyone else.

The alternative is getting one job in three and desperately peddling crappy tape anywhere you think plasterers might hang out.
That's fine, and I try to respond quickly if I can, but I find they then want it done tomorrow. What's your typical lead time before you can do their job?

Hi how would you plaster over an RSJ. on here there's a librarian who had a botched plastering job done and was just wondering how it's done. would you use angle bead to repair corner or just plaster up to a feather edge cheers.

"must... revive.... 2.5 yr old thread....!"

resc.gif

That's fine, and I try to respond quickly if I can, but I find they then want it done tomorrow. What's your typical lead time before you can do their job?
Holy thread resurrection Barman.

I have a lot of work that's not time critical and (praise jesus) a very good and attractive young lady helper who can hold the fort for me while i go and sort Johnny Deperado out.

Up here for thinking

IMG-20220423-WA0008.jpeg