Ayup duc!

Sound, how many colonies do you look after?
Im going to be starting with two.
I have space for 6.

Any special advice?

I have 6 colonies but at the height of summer I was up to 10.... next year we will be sitting on about 15 I reckon...

The advice is you never have enough hives... the first year is easy... the next year is savage...

A friend was always under attack , she live on the edge of a wood , I was wondering if it was a common problem , wasps as well
I'd got an idea how to prevent it , I'll google and see if its a common problem

So so then.
If, Danny has enough space for commercial production, fairs.

I’m doing it to keep bees and eat my own stash.
And sell the excess at extortionate prices, labelled ‘Angel Tears’ and ‘Fairy Piss’ to hippies at festivals. (y)

I sell at the top end of the price range... even then you are better off getting a job at tesco

A friend was always under attack , she live on the edge of a wood , I was wondering if it was a common problem , wasps as well

I dont have problems...

We suffer with wasps because we have apple trees... but as I don't live where I keep my bees I don't really worry about it :D

I do plan on getting a bigger plot of land to keep more bees... If I can get to 40 colonies that would suit me fine

I dont have problems...

We suffer with wasps because we have apple trees... but as I don't live where I keep my bees I don't really worry about it :D

I do plan on getting a bigger plot of land to keep more bees... If I can get to 40 colonies that would suit me fine
Doing more good for the environment than most "greens "
Ever thought of loft hives

Hornets are lovely predators look mega, but you mean Asian hornets though.
Asian hornets being here due to them being able to over winter in the softer winter weather is a problem for our bees who can’t cook them alive with their amazing bee skills.

Danny, you know why we don’t just introduce Asian bees, they’d probably teach the British ones to do react the same?
Would only need queens right?

So long as tarantula hawks or executioner wasps don’t start building nests in my eaves as the lovely rising temps attract more tropical pests and diseases to England. Haha

So Jacob’s crackers?! :cool:

I am curious what ya mean though.
ACC denier? :cool:

You know conker / Horse Chestnut trees are on the endangered species list now?
Because of tropical foliage disease that will likely kill them all on the British Isles.
Phytophthora was a drop in the ocean of our environmental concerns.

Ash Die off in the peaks.

I read scientific journals for fun and too many of my mates and MsC or PhDs.
hahaha :musculoso:

I think the kids are going to kick our asses. All the kids, all over the world.
Mailed and torn apart by 10 year old environmental warriors.
l o l

the asian hornet is a threat but we need to just kill them as and when we see them.

I dont know why we dont introduce asian bees but I think it would be a bad idea.... you need to have queens and drones to mate

the asian hornet is a threat but we need to just kill them as and when we see them.

I dont know why we dont introduce asian bees but I think it would be a bad idea.... you need to have queens and drones to mate
The Asian hornets have been found living happily on the Channel Isle's I believe.
No foreign species should be let loose into the wild, it just fucks things up for the indigenous ones.
Just look at the damage done by Signal Crayfish or Mitten Crabs.

Ok brother.
054D4770-7E85-4386-AF1C-A20002EF7A07.jpeg

Oh aye, kill on sight.

Maybe there is a genetic factor with their introduction, it seems like an obvious solution.
If the hornet can make it across perhaps the bees will somehow transmit the information via waggles from hive to hive.

I know there was paranoia about Africanised bees mixing with Eurasian bees.

Though the EU has recently imposed sanctions on all Bees, for restricted access of freedom of movement across member states in a bid to deter immigration.