Anyone notice more b&q's closing down.

there is a b and q extra in colchester it is closing to become a supermarket, sainsburys, they say that they lost money on this store and they hope to take over a sainsburys homebase store a couple of mile away.

Last edited:
That trade point thing they do is a joke. They hand them cards out like leaflets. More public use it than trade. Desperate for sales!

According to the wife the leases are running out on a lot of stores so if the stores are not making money there closing them.

They went through a stage of opening stores everywhere, because all the stores where opening around the same time the leases are all up at the same time so there just cutting back on non profitable ones.

Does she get staff discount on purchases ?
20% but it must for personal use so I can't buy plaster with it and her discount card must be used with her bank card or it flags up on the system. They can get a card for there partners but she doesn't trust me lol

She's also saying that when a lot of the bigger stores were opened then the smaller ones close by couldn't be closed down because they were tied into long leases so they've just been waiting for the opportunity.

Sainsbury have just bought out argos, a lot of the argos stores will close and be put into section of the sainsbury stores. They do not sell plaster.

One in Belfast has closed or is closing. Remember seeing it on the news. The place was there for years too. Surprising too thou think it's to do with Internet shopping taking over

I've read that because the first rung of the home ownership ladder is out of reach now until your in your late 30s, there's no new customers coming through the doors to buy stuff for their homes. Most of the younger people rent now so they aren't buying diy materials.

Id only use b&q if I needed buy bent angle beads , hartcliffe is the best for them. Useless kants.

Plus you can now buy all the tat they tart up and sell as there own online cheaper.
Online shopping will bring the end to the high streets, it's not far off now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy any plaster from Magnets just around the corner from me, as mentioned the B&Q trade cards are a joke.

Travis have just sent me a 20% off voucher for online shopping, so that'll be great if I remember to buy the stuff they've decided I should get at a regular price..... And if I can be arsed to be there for 30 mins kicking my heels.

Lidl are doing bags of multie and boardy for 3 quid a bag on thursday....minimum buy 5 bags(y)