any tips for speeding sets up

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

@Lodan. Perfect opportunity to try a big hit - your a year in to this job now, stretch yourself and you'll do it. You have a delayed set with glossed walls/cold room, take advantage of it and this time tomorrow you'll be a different spread. Prep yourself in the morning - big brekky and you'll do it.
Yeah f**k it mate, think thats what i'll end up doing....be on my video game by 1.30pm:)

Speeding up the plaster is all good, but before you start doing that become an efficient fast spread

Speeding up the plaster is all good, but before you start doing that become an efficient fast spread
Yeah mate agree with that and its not normally something id do, just hate the thought of a 9-10 hour day tomorrow

Thinking long term invest some gear to prevent this scenario. My 3 amigos are:
When it's a bit nippy out come little Bill, heats a room up in no time
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1484693043.861955.jpg

When it's fecking freezing out comes Big Jones, heats a house up in minutes, drys silky walls no problem.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1484693163.828243.jpg

..and finally always in the van is Mike...um Mike the kettle. About 568ml of boiling water to bucket full is enough to normalise the setting time

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1484693347.080197.jpg

Also handy for a wee cuppasoop [emoji106]

If its all going off slowly I would keep putting on you maybe able to make those extra two sets into just one xtra set...

View attachment 15832

When it's fecking freezing out comes Big Jones, heats a house up in minutes, drys silky walls no problem.
View attachment 15833

..and finally always in the van is Mike...um Mike the kettle. About 568ml of boiling water to bucket full is enough to normalise the setting time

View attachment 15834

That stuff can't be learnt overnight.It's called experience.

My last night in paradise just reading this thread shitting myself tbh getting a bit depressed thinking about it, don't think I want to come back to the cold now :endesacuerdo:

IMG_1957.JPG

Would forget about tips, Tricks to speed it up,
Put it down to expirience and take the hit and adjust your pricing for similar next time!!

Started a job and its all really silky paint, almost like they glossed the walls. Heating has been ripped out and its freezing...had half day of prep today then one set....set took 4 hours and tomorrow I need to do two sets to stay on schedule....any good ways to speed them up without f**k**g myself up with gear that flash sets

Really easy and free!!
Keep a bit of dirty water back each gauge and add per coat.
Can easily get 3 gauges in per day Logan.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the end just put the lot on and still had plenty of time as set took 4 hours again. Spent the afternoon gritting the other rooms im doing next week so hopefully that will help...going to buy a heater aswell to warm the place up a bit

In the end just put the lot on and still had plenty of time as set took 4 hours again. Spent the afternoon gritting the other rooms im doing next week so hopefully that will help...going to buy a heater aswell to warm the place up a bit

Grit won't help with set times if anything they kill the suction even more so that PVA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am the same. Can't remember the last time I used PVA. Micro is a dream to skim over and it dries pretty quick so no need to leave it overnight. And you can water it down.
Micro gobetis 3000? Is that the stuff? Says for mono renders?

It's is for render but you can skim over it. It's a small grain and it dries pretty quick. Unlike blue grit, prep grit etc that need an over night dry and the grain in those is bigger. Micro is a no brainer imo
Yeah if you can skim it same day I can see the advantage of using it

1/2 a ltr of full fat coke a cola per bag of multi (proper coke mind not that happy shopper rola-cola sh!t).
and Bobs a good un.
your welcome.

View attachment 15832

View attachment 15833

View attachment 15834

What is that small heater @Olican ? I have a need for one or two of them, any idea of cost and where to find one?

Put first coat of second lift on after 2nd trowel of first lift then fall back give it final trowel then your ready to flatten first coat straight away of second lift. Save you a good hour.