Another new trowel from NELA - PREMIUM ELITE

Members online

Always playing the ginger card John lol
Ye know what @bof I stayed in all day as well . Even sacked taking elliot to see paw patrol live for dpd who @Plasterers1StopShop said will have a sticker for parcel . He was due to see paw patrol earlier in year but his great nana got covid and is no longer with us. She didnt die from covid she was killed by a avalanche of snow in Africa while getting chased by lions . Proper unlucky she was . So he lost his great gran still not seen paw patrol and I.m stuck with this carbon trowel cause I.m ginger and they have gave em all free to all southerners

Ye know what @bof I stayed in all day as well . Even sacked taking elliot to see paw patrol live for dpd who @Plasterers1StopShop said will have a sticker for parcel . He was due to see paw patrol earlier in year but his great nana got covid and is no longer with us. She didnt die from covid she was killed by a avalanche of snow in Africa while getting chased by lions . Proper unlucky she was . So he lost his great gran still not seen paw patrol and I.m stuck with this carbon trowel cause I.m ginger and they have gave em all free to all southerners

Do ypu want paw patrol knock off dvd

Didn't know there was snow in Africa

The permashape trowel was designed to press paper tape in on jointing hence the banana shape but also makes a good skimming trowel

I heard the same, yet in Europe they often use a concave trowel, basically bowing the other way for this and apply the compound with that as it provides the required thickness

I prefer a new trowel to be true and flat, i break it in over time while still using my older one.
I was tempted by the nela carbon from a few years ago and wasnt too bothered by how long lads were saying it took to break in.

Why don’t all the different trowel sizes have the same proportion shank length?
I like a long shank, short stubby ones just don’t feel firm...anyone else feel the same?

It's like the 13" and 14" marshall

For me the 13 marshall trowel is better for trowelling up, although it has a shorter shank!

Other than that I always find when the shank is far from the toe I tend to get a lot of fanning, (like a vibration) when trowelling up.

Is it a short shank?

Threw on with the 14" today, shank is ok and close to the front.
On arrival yesterday I thought it was too similar to the render trowel, it seems to have a tiny bit more flex though in use.

Felt really nice in the hand, with good balance. Metal is nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-225744_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-225744_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
@bobski - looks decent. What’s happened to the corner?View attachment 55070

Just roughing

On my post #167 on this thread - the corners come way too sharp.

For both safety and to prevent "nibbing" where you just create far too many unnecessary lines, I roughed the corners off on a coarse slab. I do it to all my trowels then use them. After a while I refine the edge with way higher/smoother grits.

Just roughing

On my post #167 on this thread - the corners come way too sharp.

For both safety and to prevent "nibbing" where you just create far too many unnecessary lines, I roughed the corners off on a coarse slab. I do it to all my trowels then use them. After a while I refine the edge with way higher/smoother grits.
I'd do that with the toe but not the heel , I find it useful for pulling sharp corners

Understood,
And would usually agree, but they were razor mate.
This is of my other one I've not touched yet.
I usually use board and stand , went to grab trowel and sliced under my thumbnail , it's amazing h&s allow us to use them , imagine dropping one off scaffolding on site , 16" of razor onto some poor lad

So it's got sharp edges which leave loads of lines...yet it's ready to use out of the box....
I’ve used myself just today I got a bit sandpaper on it but still needs to wear in I just put first coat with it yeh it leaves lines but just take them out speedskim no mithier

The issue with creating a manufactured radius on trowels is; What you may want as a radius compared to somebody else will differ. If we create a radius it maybe too much for some, but not for others.

@Ktownsend - I still stand by what we say, good to use out of the box and what people have said who own them still support this.

The issue with creating a manufactured radius on trowels is; What you may want as a radius compared to somebody else will differ. If we create a radius it maybe too much for some, but not for others.

@Ktownsend - I still stand by what we say, good to use out of the box and what people have said who own them still support this.
Was it you who said nela make ox trowels, or did I hear that elsewhere?

So it's got sharp edges which leave loads of lines...yet it's ready to use out of the box....

I think everyone with experience would tweek it a bit themselves to customise it to how they like anyway.

That said, 3 hits of laying on flatten and trowel it's pretty much there. The actual finish edge of the blade is as close as I've seen to 'ready' out the box.

The burnishing - dressed down edge that is around 3mm on the face of a 'pre worn' marshall is a bit smaller on the nela elite.

So i think it wears in way quicker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029-202108_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201029-202108_Gallery.jpg
    960.4 KB · Views: 137