Another leftie sees the light

It also proves their was a global crisis you can't just wish it away, it did happen and it wasn't the blame of labour so let's move on, we've done it, funny the debt doesn't bother you

I was all for austerity to reduce the deficit to a surplus and then bring the debt down which cannot be done whilst there is a deficit.

Borrowing because there was a 170 billion pound deficit, money doesn't grow on trees I know you lefties believe it does

So you understand that the debt rises until there is no deficit and are running a surplus?
Yes and the reason austerity does not and never has worked, because the poor are made poorer so pay less in then rely on benefits so a double whammy. If the living wage was ten pound a lot more would go back in, if the railways were nationalised a lot more would go back in and so on with the other industries.

Yes and the reason austerity does not and never has worked, because the poor are made poorer so pay less in then rely on benefits so a double whammy. If the living wage was ten pound a lot more would go back in, if the railways were nationalised a lot more would go back in and so on with the other industries.

Whilst i.like the idea of nationalizing these things..... railways ok they just run on a contract but energy firms are private companies and so is royal mail. Buy them? With what?

Whilst i.like the idea of nationalizing these things..... railways ok they just run on a contract but energy firms are private companies and so is royal mail. Buy them? With what?
pull the money out of the sky like they do for wars and banks? They will pay for themselves and won't add to the debt.

Really? So why has the deficit come down from the inherited 170 billion to 20-30 billion? Austerity is the answer lol but it doesn't work