Angle bead help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc2581

Hi,

I'm new to the forum having recently set up on my own and I'm looking for some help.

I'm re skimming a bedroom in a terraced property that has a fire place in it. The corners on the fire place have slight curves and the client is looking for nice tight corners.

The normal angle bead I have used for 3mm skim I feel won't fully wrap around the curve and I was wondering if there was anything out there that is wider to cover the corner.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum having recently set up on my own and I'm looking for some help.

I'm re skimming a bedroom in a terraced property that has a fire place in it. The corners on the fire place have slight curves and the client is looking for nice tight corners.

The normal angle bead I have used for 3mm skim I feel won't fully wrap around the curve and I was wondering if there was anything out there that is wider to cover the corner.

Thanks.

you can use bonding to make the corners freehand then stick your bead on :D

I recently did a course to help out a relative renovate a house. I have done two bedrooms with a bit of patch repair and bonding in both. I've managed to get a good finish and as people have viewed my work against a full time plasterers work in another room in the house they have asked me to come and do work at their house.

Due to my occupation I'm going to have to register it as a business interest so guess everyone needs to be called/treated as a client.

I asked as I want to learn and would never do a job if I could not complete it to a high standard.

Haha a "client" .....that sounds just too proffesional for a bedroom reskim.

how about "a bloke".
Or "a geezer"
Or even "some squire"
Or maybe "me pal"

Thanks for the replies. I thought I could use float beads by securing them in place with clout nails, trim the edge off then fill with multi finish or bonding. Once this has dried I could stick normal 3mm beads on and crack on as normal.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I could use float beads by securing them in place with clout nails, trim the edge off then fill with multi finish or bonding. Once this has dried I could stick normal 3mm beads on and crack on as normal.

Nonsense.

Do what danny says, can even do it with skim, just run some scrim down each side to tie it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no....

So you obviously already have a job I'm guessing a fireman? And now want advice on how to do the most basic and I do mean the most basic of plastering job which you are charging for after doing a Micky mouse course and taking money off a plasterer that only has 1 job...

This is everything that is wrong about these courses and I'm afraid to say it this forum at the moment!

Serious question danny do you advise the tutors at these gold trowel courses to use this place as a resource and to ask for help when finished?

So you obviously already have a job I'm guessing a fireman? And now want advice on how to do the most basic and I do mean the most basic of plastering job which you are charging for after doing a Micky mouse course and taking money off a plasterer that only has 1 job...

This is everything that is wrong about these courses and I'm afraid to say it this forum at the moment!

Serious question danny do you advise the tutors at these gold trowel courses to use this place as a resource and to ask for help when finished?
f**k me zombie ur turning into me lol..ive had enough me I'm afraid I'm weaning mysen off 2 many coursers on here for my liking there's some really good lads on here but there's 2 many chancers for me to take..

I have a job. I am also a qualified spark. Yes I've done a course and I'm now not bad at skimming walls. Got a friend who wants a bedroom doing and thought I would posy in the DIY section for a bit of 'simple advice'. Didn't know how easilly offended people would get.

f**k me zombie ur turning into me lol..ive had enough me I'm afraid I'm weaning mysen off 2 many coursers on here for my liking there's some really good lads on here but there's 2 many chancers for me to take..
It's an open forum kitchy you have to put up with us coursers too and the Diy people.
I appreciate the time served spreads but not all of them spot on, seen some sh!t done by time served spreads

It's an open forum kitchy you have to put up with us coursers too and the Diy people.
I appreciate the time served spreads but not all of them spot on, seen some sh!t done by time served spreads
Ye agree zolco there is sum s**t pal from timed served totally agree there..u seem a decent bloke zolco..just need to recharge my battery's I think..its like this bloke on here saying he can skim a wall to a gud standard..wat standard a 5 year olds..

I often think there is a common sense void on here.....the first thing I did was familiarise myself with as many of the products available as I could find and drilled into my head what they are for and what circumstance to use them in.... if people do that a lot of the questions that annoy would be common sense to them, I could have answered half the questions we get on here before I even picked up a trowel....its called a bit of research.....sometimes the course aint to blame its the donut who's doing it.

Its people that post on here asking the simplest of questions and are actually charging sum poor sod that gets my back up lodan I've never once slated a diy person who's doing abit on there own home end of day some people cnt afford to get a spread in or fancy doing it themselves that's fair game just not people who havnt got a clue charging for there services aswell as f**k**g sum1s home up,there will give it all or my friend and family say I leave a nice finish etc bolloxs springs to mind

Its people that post on here asking the simplest of questions and are actually charging sum poor sod that gets my back up lodan I've never once slated a diy person who's doing abit on there own home end of day some people cnt afford to get a spread in or fancy doing it themselves that's fair game just not people who havnt got a clue charging for there services aswell as f**k**g sum1s home up,there will give it all or my friend and family say I leave a nice finish etc bolloxs springs to mind

Exactly my point 100% I'd help anyone in the right circumstances but this is just wrong...

All we are doing is slitting our own throats for people who are practicising on innocent peoples homes essentially robbing the customers and ourselves as let's be honest they get there foot through the door because they are cheap...

Which indirectly affects us as people talk and say do and so only paid x amount for her room and we look like we are ripping people off...

Difference is after we quote a job we are not on here asking how to attach a skim bead onto an angle for said job!

That's the problem with these courses, @Geason is on promoting nvq this that and the other, enabling you to get blue cscs cards etc, no doubt the people who run the courses are telling them they'll earn X,y & z when they have finished.....
Then you get them coming on here (there's been quite a few this last week) asking

I) how much will I get when I'm qualified?

2) fully qualified and looking for work

3) I'm just qualified and was wondering.....( fill in numb question as appropriate)

Well I tell you all what qualified means, absolutely jack sh1t!!! Absolutely nothing! Zero! Zilch!

The word should be eradicated from the trade.

Pat you on back zombie if was stood next to you..well said..thats wat got my back up then I slate them out and get a few numptys trying to take a bite out of me..it all has a knock on effect and its totally wrong..theres fecking loads on here more than I thought..me personally wont be getting my back up again with a courser/chancer that's for sure..il just laugh at them or tell them to come to my job and c wat there about

That's the problem with these courses, @Geason is on promoting nvq this that and the other, enabling you to get blue cscs cards etc, no doubt the people who run the courses are telling them they'll earn X,y & z when they have finished.....
Then you get them coming on here (there's been quite a few this last week) asking

I) how much will I get when I'm qualified?

2) fully qualified and looking for work

3) I'm just qualified and was wondering.....( fill in numb question as appropriate)

Well I tell you all what qualified means, absolutely jack sh1t!!! Absolutely nothing! Zero! Zilch!

The word should be eradicated from the trade.

Like I've said b4 kev I've never ever said I'm fully qualified! Wen sum1 says fully qualified alarm bells shud start ringing as I know 2 well..1 word big k and its fraud end of..like that lamo guy from London saying he's happy earning £90 a day and he's wanting his blue nvq card that's wat the London spreads have to deal with and wen sum1 like this numpty here is asking for advice on here about as sumat as so simple he just shud be told to do 1 instead of getting advice..

Your not going anywhere it's to late hahahahahahaha :)

It's the Internet and I bet we all use it to find out how to fix something rather than pay someone first. I do electrics, plumbing, joinery, roof repairs, tiling, fit kitchens and so on and I think I'm pretty good at it oh and yes I will do it in other people's houses. If your worried about a couple of lads going on a course then undercutting you on a job I would give up now. The customers they usually attract are the customers you want to steer clear from in the first place because they are interested in cheap. All the info you need is on this forum but doing it is another thing and we all know that, if you don't like the questions being asked don't answer it's that simple but remember it is a forum xx

f**k me kitchy.....if you're this cranky at 32 you're going to be nightmare when you're an old man:ROFLMAO:

You win....

Anyone fancy a single room re-skim? It's got a bit of wooden dowelling around a fireplace and window but shouldn't be a problem for a fully qualified, I mean experienced spread (of course there is no such thing as a fully qualified spread).

Your not going anywhere it's to late hahahahahahaha :)

It's the Internet and I bet we all use it to find out how to fix something rather than pay someone first. I do electrics, plumbing, joinery, roof repairs, tiling, fit kitchens and so on and I think I'm pretty good at it oh and yes I will do it in other people's houses. If your worried about a couple of lads going on a course then undercutting you on a job I would give up now. The customers they usually attract are the customers you want to steer clear from in the first place because they are interested in cheap. All the info you need is on this forum but doing it is another thing and we all know that, if you don't like the questions being asked don't answer it's that simple but remember it is a forum xx

Agree with all of that flynny just the qualified bit gets my goat

@Kitchy it's shocking I tell ya
IMG-20160123-WA0006.jpg

Thought this might cheer u up even more shocking if ya zoom in,lol

Agree with all of that flynny just the qualified bit gets my goat

Unless you have a level 3 your not qualified I've been saying this for a long time since the OSAT came out. They have cheapened the level two to the point of it not being a recognised qualification in my eyes, they are given away willy nilly and it won't be long before the sites recognise this, they are already on to the fact labourers cards are no longer acceptable as a trade card.

Australia got into it 6 years ago that quals were being given to anyone with a set of tools and funding so out a complete halt to it till further investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.