accident be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagrat

lve never been one for all health and safety i mean where was it 20 years ago! a fellow spread fell over his own floor scraper whilst talking to us and fell right on his trowel.whan he hit the floor the trowel went through his non spreading handand he spent 2 nights in hospital and lost the job as he couldnt work with me !hes lost 4 weeks work as well.my point is when under pressure sometimes we dont look to see if its all safe around us i know we can be covered maybe thats a good topic ? be careful lads as it was horrible to see it . by the way i finished his walls only just!

Me and my mate were on a new build. He came running in.quick.help me out.
The joker he is i laughed.said fck off.looked round,his leg pouring with blood.
He leant on a mug whilst troweling.wen straite in.
Hot day big hit aswell the selfish ****

Trimming the edges off angle beads with tin snips when a small edge bounced off my right eye. It ripped the lens bringing on a cateract, I will be blind in my right eye until Corrective operation later this month, 3 month in total! Fortunatly was able to work, bit of tacking, painting and plastering to million pound flats, painters not too pleased, plenty joint cement :D

Respect your eyes!

got a staple in my eye the other day luckily one of the chippies managed to get it out without anything but a slightly sore eye ball

A sparky was on a day rate and had finished by 3 so finished the day off by helping the bathroom fitter remove some tiles. Well a tile fell from a window reveal and left a very big gash in his hand. He had to have a week or so off work with no pay! So the moral is never help anyone or volunteer for anything. :RpS_cool:

A mate off mine whos a sparkys he was on site ib france pulling cable up on the roof for air con the cable was hard to pull so he was pulling with all his might then it went slack he fell bk wards on to a reinforcing bar that went up his anus and split all his inside instant death my mate had to have a years worth off canceling to get over it.
Just how easy it to lose a life :-0

A mate off mine whos a sparkys he was on site ib france pulling cable up on the roof for air con the cable was hard to pull so he was pulling with all his might then it went slack he fell bk wards on to a reinforcing bar that went up his anus and split all his inside instant death my mate had to have a years worth off canceling to get over it.

that is just brutal....

Fuk me that last 1 was bad^
I know 2 spreads on a job once 1 up stairs and 1 down. The 1 down had a board and stand set up at the bottom of the stairs with his tools on the board ready for a gauge. The trowel was left leaning on its side with the blade up if u get me. The lad up stairs coming down to throw a mix on trips on the dust sheets and landed on the trowel fuul force for a nasty cut to his wrist, blood everywere all up the white wall paper and cream carpet tutut. Ive never left my trowel like that since then, always flat down. How do u lot leave urs?

across the top of me bucket blade down so i can rest my wetting in brush on it perpendicular to the trowel:RpS_thumbup:

Old lad that taught me used ti give me a r8 bollocking for that.always left it face down since jst by habit now

A spread working for a pal of mine managed to cut his arm while skimming, blood everywhere, passed out, lots of stitches and blood loos, nerve damage too.

I had a close one 2day.

Customers dog knicked Jam sarnie.So she cooked me a egg and bacon roll.

You have to be so carefull these days.

A bloke i used to work with farted after a night drinking pints of mixed(half mild/bitter) and followed through. You should of seen the mess . He had to go home and i had to finish the set with the smell still in the room.:RpS_crying:

I saw two guys hurt on a job I did last year.
one about 20ft up on a ladder drilling holes for a security light, the other holding the ladder.
the guy holding the drill hit a cable and got quite a nasty shock, the guy holding the ladder also got a shock through the guy holding the drill.
luckily the guy holding the drill didn't fall off when he got shocked, but he did let go of the drill pretty quickly.

Me and my brother were skimming a very large very high ceiling in a fire station both on stilts to the highest. Brother trips on some dreaded cables splayed all over the floor, he goes flat on the floor and managed to get the blade of his trowel stuck in his hand behind the bottom of 3 of his fingernails pulling his nails away from his fingers and i had to pull the trowel out his hand :0 lots of blood and youd think a firestation would have a first aid box but no it did not! managed to find bandage in the van and he helped my finish the set but then had to have a week off work

A sparky was on a day rate and had finished by 3 so finished the day off by helping the bathroom fitter remove some tiles. Well a tile fell from a window reveal and left a very big gash in his hand. He had to have a week or so off work with no pay! So the moral is never help anyone or volunteer for anything. :RpS_cool:

looks like your reading through old threads @Marshy, nice one mate I'm reading through old rendering ones cos I'm crap at it!

Last edited by a moderator:
was on a job years ago and the site for an kept banging on about health and safety etc and if he saw you without your hardhat on he'd threaten to kick you off the job etc he was a right grumpy bugger but one day he ordered us outside to go on the scaffolding to go through some render repair work. needless to say he forgot to put his hat on and headbutted one of the fixing bolts on the scaffold and his head was spurting like a dolphin. as he collapsed in agony one of the lads asked where his hat was ?? the site foreman swore a lot and was off for 2weeks making it a much happier job to work on and we all agreed that the accident couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :)

Jesus!!

Defo for one for that section...

Sorry couldn't resist :RpS_blushing:

I'm a newbe to this forum and love the banter what you guys put up here also the helpful information on new products and methods etc. good set of lads on here, keep it up :)

whats all this G** section lark?? one track mind johniosaif?? am sure there are plenty of websites for you to satisfy your "needs" :)

made me laugh so much reading this thread,, why do we laugh at other peoples misfortunes so much

"Its easier to laugh than cry" humour is easier than sympathy :RpS_lol:, also the thought "thank God that wasn't me!" Comes to mind

A young lad on a site we were on was ask to clean out a bitumen barrel , he stuck on a fire thinking he could melt he last of the bitumen , the barrel exploded and he turn his face just in time , but his body was scarred for life, he had to wear a special type of suit under his clothes , was surpose to have been given a JOB for life by the builder ,

Status
Not open for further replies.