3/2 lime putty finish not curing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the lime plastering game but been plastering for ever.
Doing a renovation on a listed building in Staffordshire which is a combination of traditional and modern products.
All the work is internal.

External walls within the room have been done using 40mm cork boards topped of with mesh supplied by Mike Wye in Devon. internal walls backed out with 2 or 3 coats of nhl2 mixed 3/1 with sharp sand.
They have been left to dry for a couple of weeks.
I applied the 3/2 lime putty finish on Friday morning at 9am. added second coat at noon have been back on both Saturday and Sunday and they are still piss wet.

The building is cold with a lot of moisture in the walls and recently laid concrete floor.

Would it be fair to assume that this is causing my curing problem or am I missing something.
Any genuine advice would be most welcome as the customer is not being overly understanding.
Thanks

There is a lot of stuff in that building at 100% relative humidity .

I would suggest gauging your fine stuff with plaster of Paris to make it hydraulic . But only if your float coat is 100 % dry .

Doing a renovation on a listed building in Staffordshire which is a combination of traditional and modern products.

External walls within the room have been done using 40mm cork boards topped of with mesh supplied by Mike Wye in Devon. internal walls backed out with 2 or 3 coats of nhl2 mixed 3/1 with sharp sand.
I applied the 3/2 lime putty finish on Friday morning at 9am. added second coat at noon have been back on both Saturday and Sunday and they are still piss wet.

The building is cold with a lot of moisture in the walls and recently laid concrete floor.

Would it be fair to assume that this is causing my curing problem or am I missing something.
Any genuine advice would be most welcome as the customer is not being overly understanding.
Thanks
get some background heat in the room to help it cure, i did one before xmas same situation, i finally rubbed up the putty after 3days, i did put a small heater in room because it was cold and damp

Thanks

How thick did you go on?...should be 2-3mm. I did some in the December external wall laid on 9am was back sponging it 12pm next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.