1930s house would it be lime plaster?

I had to re read the opening post again as well I case I made myself look a clown
You think hardwall and skim is bad? Couldn be as bad as s&c, then battens , boarded and skimmed:D. The way the op describes it:D. Won't be surprised if the ground floor externals is done with hardwall and skim:LOL:

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, knock it back to brick and just get prebagged gear like @Bauwer , I'm sure he can advise you on their products and can recommend someone local to you maybe to do the job. Their gear seems well priced compared to competitors and good feedback from those who used it.

You think hardwall and skim is bad? Couldn be as bad as s&c, then battens , boarded and skimmed:D. The way the op describes it:D. Won't be surprised if the ground floor externals is done with hardwall and skim:LOL:
Will you F off that just cracked me up all rooms upstairs are now single beds only after all that work that has been done

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, knock it back to brick and just get prebagged gear like @Bauwer , I'm sure he can advise you on their products and can recommend someone local to you maybe to do the job. Their gear seems well priced compared to competitors and good feedback from those who used it.

Zolco nothing is reasably priced ....£48 a bag of dri coat.
Id rather sit in a room with damp walls !!!!

Long and short of it is if internal you need a full hack off and re done I would go hardwall and skim after the hack off if external it's still a full hack off and then re done hack off yourself it will save a few quid but won't be cheap sorry a few of us seem to of got wires crossed

The plasterers said take back to brick in external facing walls sand and cement then skim and batten and board internal was so have gone with what they said just hope it works on the 2 rooms they have just done
Why would you hack off render then batten and board then skim seems excessive if you ask me it extra work that don't need doing

I just mix my own.

You didn't mention it was breathable tut tut

Yes but you know what you doing! Unlike me lol

I cant find it ....to be honest ive got about 3 different bags of shiite for the same job.
I tried tp they never heard of it.
About 12 people stood behind the counter bored ....tp do my head in.
My gaffa had me stood there for 20 mins arguing 40p differnce in skim stop beads last week.

Thing is with a house that is nearly 100 years old you will get cracks ect it's more a paranoid thing and the more you look the more you find if don't wanna hack off maybe a grit full mesh and reskim can't bank on a few coming back but if for cosmetic reasons that's what I would advise although would stress the risk or reward of doing that way if it's a full hack off and redo don't expect a cheap quote if you get a proper plasterer in, I know I wouldn't be cheap
Yeah but your southern mate .. Dirt cheap us northern plaster masters :numberone:

I cant find it ....to be honest ive got about 3 different bags of shiite for the same job.
I tried tp they never heard of it.
About 12 people stood behind the counter bored ....tp do my head in.
My gaffa had me stood there for 20 mins arguing 40p differnce in skim stop beads last week.
I given up using them, only in emergency. It's always stocked in Wandsworth tp not like if that would be on your doorstep. And tell you what, even dulux can order it in for you if you pushy enough

The camera never lies.......:inocente:
I done a job once again n a house they had done and I'm talking 15 years ago when they just did one room it was shocking streaky ceiling skirting coming off door wouldn't shut bloke went it will be on tv next couple of weeks and sure enough it was it didn't look like how it came across on tv and the bloke even said and I'm not sure if it applies now he had to contribute some cash towards it and they sleep in big trailers like ones u see now on it and they are piss heads