180 mm fixings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Morning lads,

Can anyone recommend where to buy DECENT 180mm fixings with metal pins?.

Really fed up using the crap that Parex, Mapei and the like specify as notated how well you drill the hole they rarely sit flat to the wall.
The best ones I have used are the Marmorit fixings but you can only buy them through Marmorit.

Any suggestions lads???

I found fisher to be the best. With the pins in it saves time and you really can push them into the boards. This is for masonry . Don't know what background you have, but do not underestimate the hammerdrill you use too.

fischer fixings, the DHT range are metal pins. something else the germans do well. :RpS_angry:

Last edited:
Use hilti drills and bits.

How much are you paying for a box of 200?
Have you got a link etc from the supplier you use.
I'm very happy to buy in bulk

Use hilti drills and bits.

How much are you paying for a box of 200?
Have you got a link etc from the supplier you use.
I'm very happy to buy in bulk

£57-58 and hilti is the best for masonry. The pins are making your life easier and you can safe from adhesive. Well worth every penny !

I was thinking the same think at the beginning , but........
the time you save to put the pins in
almost none broken when you hammer them deep into the board
less basecoat
and the quality
makes me go every time for them

It's not showing the direct link but surch for EWI FIXINGS and will take you to it- it's 250 in box

Is anyone useing countersink fixings. An installer mentioned he does it sometimes with sto.
with a countersink tool and eps caps?

Wondered if they worth a go? Looks neat as im having same problems with pins.

Saw ejot you tube vid on it

I've used coutersink ones from Sto the machine is about £400 and you got to but the poly inserts all in all Sto wins every time

Status
Not open for further replies.