sleeping in van

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

This threads gone from guy asking for sleeping spots to plastering courses to prositutes to guy afraid of getting rammed by a manc..

Anyway to end the question im sure my pub trick will work or ill find an industrial estate to kip in. Im hard so ill be ok

Anyway to end the question im sure my pub trick will work or ill find an industrial estate to kip in. Im hard so ill be ok

you'll be fine, my eldest lad use's a van all the time so he can pocket his over night money and him and his mates just find a layby or summat. That said thought i have built a bed and cabinets in the back of it and it has spray foam insulation, LED telly etc in the back. Just buy a descent sleeping bag and a piece of 50mm kingspan to kip on. (y)

You have to be careful in Hostels. When we stayed in one @Nisus had to sleep with both eyes open for fear of Mancunian penetration. :eek: Apparently I slept like a (snoring) baby. :D

Yeah I'm scarred for life now After that night ffs. :reloco:

Not literally scarred.....he didn't actually penetrate my pork pie holder, I hope :eek:

But if anyones has a job in nottinghsmshire or a drive in romford let me know.....im knackered now and the beer taking affect so done for the night.

Yeah I'm scarred for life now After that night ffs. :reloco:

Not literally scarred.....he didn't actually penetrate my pork pie holder, I hope :eek:
He slipped you a gentle greased up digit while you were sleeping.

My mums a Mayo woman, Louisburgh, my dads Leitrim, Ballinamore. I'm a Meath man, Enfield. I'm living in Ilford but I'm pissed at the moment. X2. I wouldn't waste your money on a course lodan, plastering is dying on its legs. It's all Eastern Europe at the mo, including my mrs. I work on my own most of the time and choose to do about 3 days a week but could occasionally bring u with me to see how s**t it is. Telling u now, I'd rather be a painter. This is the best advice you will EVER get, trust me

My mums a Mayo woman, Louisburgh, my dads Leitrim, Ballinamore. I'm a Meath man, Enfield. I'm living in Ilford but I'm pissed at the moment. X2. I wouldn't waste your money on a course lodan, plastering is dying on its legs. It's all Eastern Europe at the mo, including my mrs. I work on my own most of the time and choose to do about 3 days a week but could occasionally bring u with me to see how s**t it is. Telling u now, I'd rather be a painter. This is the best advice you will EVER get, trust me

Louisburgh was where we used to rent a house when I was little....in the foothills of crough patrick looking right over the view of the bay....all those little islands look amazing from high up. Thanks for the offer mate really decent of you and apreciate it....any experience you could give me would be invaluable, happy to travel down and help for free if you just let me park up and sleep infront of the house. 120 miles so cant travel there and backn each day

Dad was from mohill

A painter was miss coating my plot today....I asked him everything ok ??

He said no...I shouldnt be miss coating houses its an apprentices job ...I didnt know if was taking the piss or being serious.
Walked out thinking what in the f**k ??

Louisburgh was where we used to rent a house when I was little....in the foothills of crough patrick looking right over the view of the bay....all those little islands look amazing from high up. Thanks for the offer mate really decent of you and apreciate it....any experience you could give me would be invaluable, happy to travel down and help for free if you just let me park up and sleep infront of the house. 120 miles so cant travel there and backn each day

Dad was from mohill

To be honest, I've got to that age in my plastering life that my body is fooked and I generally take on a house re skim or a v small block which means I only bother with 3/4 days a week. I'm nearly 26 now.
Damp proofing however I'm willing to work 8 days week to catch the rising damp grrrrrr.

Seriously, give me a buzz tomorrow, not too early as I've been at a 55 yr old mate of mines funeral who worked 6 and a half days a week and died rich

Eddie 07956 359413

To be honest, I've got to that age in my plastering life that my body is fooked and I generally take on a house re skim or a v small block which means I only bother with 3/4 days a week. I'm nearly 26 now.
Damp proofing however I'm willing to work 8 days week to catch the rising damp grrrrrr.

Seriously, give me a buzz tomorrow, not too early as I've been at a 55 yr old mate of mines funeral who worked 6 and a half days a week and died rich

Eddie 07956 359413

Thanks Eddie, i'll speak to you tomorrow, you seem like a good bloke.

Eddie 07956 359413
How long you gone out of Enfield Eddie?, I'm not too far away from there.

Long time, too long, I love it back there. Flatterys bar, Fureys in Moyvalley ( my favourite) beside me mam n dad on Blackwaterbridge on the Meath side. Happy days

@irish_spread mentioned to my mrs this morning the possibility of coming down to london during the week and she was not happy at me wanting to leave her with the baby all the time. I think she was ok with the idea of 6 weeks but not indefinately. Means I'll have to pass im afraid....youd had a few sherbets last night so probably a relief. Thanks for trying to help though i appreciate it just a shame your so far away(y) 240 mile round trip and kipping in the van probably would have become really hard work pretty quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ring around all ur local firms and explain ur situation if sum1 rung me saying can i come work For you for nowt for a couple of months Id snap there hands off ur betting off trying sumat different if ur guna do a course

These sleeping in the van nowadays are old skool. Now don't get me wrong, I'd defo do it rather than spend crazy money on rent but its 2015 ffs. Get yourself on pof.com and use your head ffs. There's shitloads of single mothers on there looking someone to keep them snuggled up at night. They get their rent paid, you get your diner handed to you every night, the breakfast on the table, the clothes washed and ironed and last but not least, you get your bag slapped every night and if your lucky, in the morning as well. Just make sure if you've a wife or girlfriend, make sure she doesn't find out ;).

My parents owned a house in castlebar for years, dad was from leitrim but when he moved to uk they moved to mayo.

Castlebar not the greatest wee town in mayo TBH. 15mins away in Westport is a great wee town thou. Like night and day!

@irish_spread mentioned to my mrs this morning the possibility of coming down to london during the week and she was not happy at me wanting to leave her with the baby all the time. I think she was ok with the idea of 6 weeks but not indefinately. Means I'll have to pass im afraid....youd had a few sherbets last night so probably a relief. Thanks for trying to help though i appreciate it just a shame your so far away(y) 240 mile round trip and kipping in the van probably would have become really hard work pretty quickly.

Thought you were living in Grenwich ?

Romfords a 10 min drive from me

Castlebar not the greatest wee town in mayo TBH. 15mins away in Westport is a great wee town thou. Like night and day!
No not much going on in castlebar, spent a lot of time in westport and louisburgh, although louisburgh was still just a little crossroads town back then, it was massive last time I went about 3 years ago.

There's a gang of Donegal plasterers down my way and if there on a small job for two or three days they work till ten or eleven at night and have a few hours sleep in their van.