Site wage cuts.

malc

TPF Special Forces
Our local developer of housing estates has told all contractors that they either take a 10% cut or they can go. This is to cover the costs of the add ons that they have had to offer in an attempt to sell their stock. They have not cut the price of the properties. These properties cost up to 1.25 million each. They are paying £2300 to skim a property which is a tiny amount against the cost of property.

Our local developer of housing estates has told all contractors that they either take a 10% cut or they can go. This is to cover the costs of the add ons that they have had to offer in an attempt to sell their stock. They have not cut the price of the properties. These properties cost up to 1.25 million each. They are paying £2300 to skim a property which is a tiny amount against the cost of property.
Greedy bastards, better off without them .

we've been told take a price cut
but refused

taking the hit on the 4%
plasterboard price increase instead

that Is tight

More fool them for accepting that price !! Should be at least double that price !!labour intensive work skilled should be a minimum of 60 pound an hour !! Just like the local garages charge .
That'll never happen. Old timers we're saying g that shite to me 35 years ago . The old the arse has fell out of this game . Get out while your young b*ll***s yet still there doing it
It's fookin old hat tbh

Well that'll not concern you . You old sausage because you'll be floating out David gilmours summer house on £500 a day ha ha

Well that'll not concern you . You old sausage because you'll be floating out David gilmours summer house on £500 a day ha ha
Son, I would hate to be skimming out those properties. There is 714 sq m , ceilings and walls.. 3 metre high ceilings on ground floor. That works out a £ 3 per m sg..
I floated and set 1 small room on Friday my own. I was struggling. When I got home I tested positive for Covid. I felt drained. I cancelled the work I had booked for this week.

we've been told take a price cut
but refused

taking the hit on the 4%
plasterboard price increase instead

You can get a good price on direct loads of plasterboard, about 600 per load.
A couple of local plastering contractors have purchased their own small builders merchant to get the best price and then they can control the deliveries.

Son, I would hate to be skimming out those properties. There is 714 sq m , ceilings and walls.. 3 metre high ceilings on ground floor. That works out a £ 3 per m sg..
I floated and set 1 small room on Friday my own. I was struggling. When I got home I tested positive for Covid. I felt drained. I cancelled the work I had booked for this week.
Well that'd tell me maybe it's time to call it a day . Because I certainly don't intend on even looking at a trowel if I live to your age

£ 2300 Sounds like an absolute piss take for a 2 bed skim tbh. f**k that right off, in the first instance. for me anyway.

f**k those developers. They take the risk of making a profit. The cost of a trade is what it costs.
Its fir the developer to take the hit.

You can get a good price on direct loads of plasterboard, about 600 per load.
A couple of local plastering contractors have purchased their own small builders merchant to get the best price and then they can control the deliveries.

purchase 600 young lads throw 800 in the skip
:LOL:

North West has gone taping now
gonna start selling fried chicken

Loads of Manchester firms are spray plastering have been for years
We was spray plastering self finishing plaster in the Netherlands in the 90s. I just can not believe that it has never been tried in UK. It was Sigma plaster from Finland, this plaster is now part of the Tarmac group so it may make its way here eventually.

And then they'll be surprised when standards drop, or the people they get in to replace those that leave don't give a shite about the finish.

We was spray plastering self finishing plaster in the Netherlands in the 90s. I just can not believe that it has never been tried in UK. It was Sigma plaster from Finland, this plaster is now part of the Tarmac group so it may make its way here eventually.
Universal ? be knauf across there ?

And then they'll be surprised when standards drop, or the people they get in to replace those that leave don't give a shite about the finish.
Definitely. But here's a knocking bet they'll be all finished regardless. There is always some desperate idiots out there willing to take it on . They scrape through with any old tosser but they'll get done . Seen it all before

Universal ? be knauf across there ?
We did use Knauf or Kips as it is branded on the continent. Kips gold or black band. We used it to daub out to beads, fill chases, float out reveals. They do not use plasterboard. The walls are built with blocks of gypsum, which are all dovetailed and perfectly straight. Green blocks for wet rooms, Pink blocks [sound proof] for bedrooms, Cream blocks for all other areas. Ceilings are concrete slabs as they have under floor heating on all levels.

We did use Knauf or Kips as it is branded on the continent. Kips gold or black band. We used it to daub out to beads, fill chases, float out reveals. They do not use plasterboard. The walls are built with blocks of gypsum, which are all dovetailed and perfectly straight. Green blocks for wet rooms, Pink blocks [sound proof] for bedrooms, Cream blocks for all other areas. Ceilings are concrete slabs as they have under floor heating on all levels.

Get yourself up to sweaty sock land and team up with Walter mitty @Casper you can spend your day's frying mars bars and sniffing round knicker drawers . Lol
Gonna message the baldy c**t right away ! (y)