Site wage cuts.

Members online

We did use Knauf or Kips as it is branded on the continent. Kips gold or black band. We used it to daub out to beads, fill chases, float out reveals. They do not use plasterboard. The walls are built with blocks of gypsum, which are all dovetailed and perfectly straight. Green blocks for wet rooms, Pink blocks [sound proof] for bedrooms, Cream blocks for all other areas. Ceilings are concrete slabs as they have under floor heating on all levels.

Gips plaster not Kips.

In the early 90s before the boom I remember gangs fighting on site over houses to board and skim !! Contractors had us over a barrel !! And with all that's going on in the world right now I can see this coming round again !! The peak has ended prepare for a massive dip in my opinion...

To be honest I think there has already been a massive dip in your opinion.
You again !!!!
I'm not taking you on the bike again if you keep being cheeky !!!!!

Man Motorcycle GIF by DevX Art

Our local developer of housing estates has told all contractors that they either take a 10% cut or they can go. This is to cover the costs of the add ons that they have had to offer in an attempt to sell their stock. They have not cut the price of the properties. These properties cost up to 1.25 million each. They are paying £2300 to skim a property which is a tiny amount against the cost of property.
happens in most recessions.
Wasn't that long ago people where saying it was all rosy on sites. Had work for gasumptions years. A bricklayer told me at weekend he never had any work that surprised me 50 year old,even small works.
Only guys I know that are not really seeing contraction are social housing workers.

In the last recession a national builder shut the housing site in Clacton. They told all sub contractors, builders merchants and work force that they will not be any payments made for 3 months. After 3 months they sent out pay checks post dated for a further 3 months. Some of the subbies lost their business and their homes. Now this builder is wondering why they can not get labour!

Our local developer of housing estates has told all contractors that they either take a 10% cut or they can go. This is to cover the costs of the add ons that they have had to offer in an attempt to sell their stock. They have not cut the price of the properties. These properties cost up to 1.25 million each. They are paying £2300 to skim a property which is a tiny amount against the cost of property.
Yes it’s not much all , I had this years ago and I left told them if you can’t get anyone to plaster them you can’t sell them.Bloody joke we need to all stick to a price that you don’t have to kill your self to earn a living .I d like to the developer do that for that money!

Yes it’s not much all , I had this years ago and I left told them if you can’t get anyone to plaster them you can’t sell them.Bloody joke we need to all stick to a price that you don’t have to kill your self to earn a living .I d like to the developer do that for that money!

In the Netherlands there are just 2 prices for plastering on site work. 1 for housing and 1 for Commercial. The choice the customer has is who can start the work first. With very few main plastering contractors who all have large direct work force. Most of their staff have worked for the same firm for years.

Modern day slavery. My wife is in an industry that is being taking over by foreign investors they are paying half the rates now they were 5 years ago and still trying to pay less and less...unfortunately building going the same way. I've put my rates upto £50 an hour now don't give a f**k...

Modern day slavery. My wife is in an industry that is being taking over by foreign investors they are paying half the rates now they were 5 years ago and still trying to pay less and less...unfortunately building going the same way. I've put my rates upto £50 an hour now don't give a f**k...
Is that all . Fook me that's cheap only £400 a day . Bargain ha ha

The same ones that complain the moneys s**t in plastering and their joints are f**k*d.

Do as little as possible for as much money as possible, quite simple.
Plasterers need to stick together and up the rates ffs. It’s for the good of everyone, instead of slagging off what people are charging. I’ve banged on about it for years mate!

How the f**k are mechanics on £60ph at the moment?

Plasterers need to stick together and up the rates ffs. It’s for the good of everyone, instead of slagging off what people are charging. I’ve banged on about it for years mate!

That's what garages charge per hour for labour mate. Fair enough tbh.

Plasterers don't have to pay for a premises the size of a mechanics workshop do they?
The actual mechanics aren't earning £60 an hour, most I know of don't live the lives of someone earning half that amount of money.

Plasterers don't have to pay for a premises the size of a mechanics workshop do they?
The actual mechanics aren't earning £60 an hour, most I know of don't live the lives of someone earning half that amount of money.
So what, the thick c**ts still don’t deserve £60ph.

So what, the thick c**ts still don’t deserve £60ph.
No do they fuk . But in domestic work everyone goes straight on Facebook looking for plasterers Imo . Younger generations anyway and them idiots will do jobs for fook all . How can domestic lads compete with them types . Doesn't affect me mines all meterage rate . But them clowns on there will do full overskim bedrooms for £300 with materials. We'll they do in Manchester from what I've heard