Site wage cuts.

Plasterers don't have to pay for a premises the size of a mechanics workshop do they?
The actual mechanics aren't earning £60 an hour, most I know of don't live the lives of someone earning half that amount of money.
Its called overheads mate !
Did a very small job on Tuesday, a silly c**t let go of a washing machine on the stairs , smashed right through the lathe . Took me three hours £ 200 Did I feel guilty for taking his cash , did I f**k ! You need to look out for yourself !

Its called overheads mate !
Did a very small job on Tuesday, a silly c**t let go of a washing machine on the stairs , smashed right through the lathe . Took me three hours £ 200 Did I feel guilty for taking his cash , did I f**k ! You need to look out for yourself !
You’re too cheap!

Plasterers need to stick together and up the rates ffs. It’s for the good of everyone, instead of slagging off what people are charging. I’ve banged on about it for years mate!

How the f**k are mechanics on £60ph at the moment?
There’s very few “mechanics” now mate they’re just parts fitters, plug a tablet into the vehicle that’ll diagnose the problem and change that part. Mechanics are able to look and listen to an engine and tell you what’s wrong with it without the need of a ya let or laptop.

If you give me £350 I’ll go.

But only for a week!!!
That's an incredibly generous offer, see I keep telling everyone how humble and generous you are, but for some reason they just don't believe me.
Well they can all eat humble pie now they can see it in black and white, I for one hope they choke on it.

Plasterers don't have to pay for a premises the size of a mechanics workshop do they?
The actual mechanics aren't earning £60 an hour, most I know of don't live the lives of someone earning half that amount of

Skimmers maybe not but plasterer renderers definitely do...and it's not just the cost of the premises, theres rates, utilities, security. Most lads i know in Bristol are paying between £550 and £750 a month.

Skimmers maybe not but plasterer renderers definitely do...and it's not just the cost of the premises, theres rates, utilities, security. Most lads i know in Bristol are paying between £550 and £750 a month.
You don't half talk some shite.
I used to run up to ten guys including myself, screeding, rendering, tacking and plastering and never needed much more space than a container. If you think you can get a workshop with parking etc. for the same money as a container you're even further detached from reality than I thought.

I used to run up to ten guys including myself, screeding, rendering, tacking and plastering and never needed much more space than a container. If you think you can get a workshop with parking etc. for the same money as a container you're even further detached from reality than I thought.
He needs a warehouse to store all the £1 bags of finish hes snapping up

F**k that would I leave my machines in a container they would be gone in a day. You would pay £150 a month for an up and over garage here with no utilities. You don't have a f**king clue about current costs you old dinosaur.

He needs a warehouse to store all the £1 bags of finish hes snapping up

40 bags this month..sheet materials and insulation take up the most space we buy in bulk. Would need a couple of containers just to store that.