External painted render in sunlight

Members online

Hi,

Recently had our house rendered onto new breeze blocks so the surface to render onto was new! However when the sunlight shines on the render (or lighting is switched on outside), you can see visible uneven areas that look worse in some areas.
The front looks the worse as a scaffolding frame on wheels was used and moved along as the builder rendered. The front was done in stages rather than one go; therefore it was done with different mixes.
However the side of the house was much better as a full length free standing scaffolding frame was used.
It was in the summer when it got rendered so the sun was on it and as a result there are also some small cracks that have had to be filled!
The render said he would do the front of the house again after we complained (he could also see the faults) but we decided to just get it painted and see if that helped.
In normal light it doesn't look too bad but when lit up or in sunlight it looks terrible in some areas!
Any ideas?

image.jpeg

Pictures should be attached below

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,329
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,166
That is shocking you're right to question it. It needs hacked off and re-done by a capable plasterer/renderer.

Or you could ditch those lights on the building but you will still know you have a sub-par render on your house.

Thats horrid maybe just claim your a hipster and its meant to look like it.
Honestly I dont even render I only plaster but I could do a better job than that with my eyes shut its not even floated up

It's a s**t job and am not going by the picture with the lights shining down the wall. As any render will look s**t with lights down the walls. But in the other 2 pictures in day light u can see it is a bad job. Hack it off and redo. But don't put the lights back on the walls.

Yeah it isn't a good job at all, the other sides look better but you need the front to look the best!
Can a plasterer just put another layer of smooth render over the top rather than hacking it all off?

Because you have painted it anything put on top is relying on the paint holding it up. Would need meshed and pinned or metal lath attached. Either way it's a base coat then top coat so no easy fixes unfortunately.

Yeah it isn't a good job at all, the other sides look better but you need the front to look the best!
Can a plasterer just put another layer of smooth render over the top rather than hacking it all off?

Try to come to a agreement with your builder where he employs a proper plasterer to carry it out this time.
Plastering is a finished product and should be left to people who can do it.

If it's on solid you could use a modified base coat to go over but what ever you do don't go over it with sand and cement again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you have painted it anything put on top is relying on the paint holding it up. Would need meshed and pinned or metal lath attached. Either way it's a base coat then top coat so no easy fixes unfortunately.

Do you mean that it's best to hack it all off back to the brick and start again then?
What do you mean by meshed and pinned or metal lath?
Thanks

Nice house too, those windows are very smart. Get quotes off of genuine renderers and tell bob the builder to pay for it.

Just looked close up of photos

I agree with granty get the builder plonk to take it all off and pay for someone who does mono all the time to do it.theres plenty on this forum who could do it for you.

Different day...same s**t

I looked at the pics and poured another beer it's Friday, never ceases to amaze me how you let someone loose for days systematically making a mess of yer home. Surely once you noticed things ain't great you put a stop to it not hope for the best.
image.jpeg

Anyhow back to the weekend and ladies sunbathing :sisi::birras:
image.jpeg

The customer does have to take some responsibility for this, I quoted a job a few months ago, I showed them my work they was very happy with the quality, it was a ewi system they decided after I gave them options. Then came the price lol, I never heard anything back. A few weeks later I walked by the build, a couple of chancers and the builder putting mono on by hand no straight edge in sight. Next day I went by to have a look and omg what a mess no I section and all scraping randomly with the nail pads with no care or system. One of the worst mono I have ever seen, it did make me smile a little

The customer does have to take some responsibility for this, I quoted a job a few months ago, I showed them my work they was very happy with the quality, it was a ewi system they decided after I gave them options. Then came the price lol, I never heard anything back. A few weeks later I walked by the build, a couple of chancers and the builder putting mono on by hand no straight edge in sight. Next day I went by to have a look and omg what a mess no I section and all scraping randomly with the nail pads with no care or system. One of the worst mono I have ever seen, it did make me smile a little
Any pics :)

That the stupid thing about it mate
They've seen your work and then went for some numptys
Most customers are f**k**g stupid c**ts

Painter just let me know he don't need me in a few weeks time because the guy he said leaves a right mess every where and has to sand plaster down after when he's finished can do it next week
I asked him if he's s**t and charging roughly the same as me why are you having him do it..
His answer was "he can do it next week'
I give up

If that's what a trade thinks sod knows how the public think.

Tell builder to hack off and try get him to at least contribute to re rendering..defo get rid of the downlights the best spread in the world wudnt get a sand&cement finish perfect on the eye wen downlights are shining down it..if ur happy with the sides just get the front hacked off and re-do in s&c finish..alarm bells ahud of started ringing Emma wen the builder used a tower scaffold to do the job

I've got to say @Leeroy that post has made me angry!!!
I know mate, it's beyond belief it pissed me off a bit at the time and they are paying for it now lol. But all said and done a lot of customers only hear price, nothing else. I feel like texting them, WTF,I bet you wish you went with me haha.

Do you mean that it's best to hack it all off back to the brick and start again then?
What do you mean by meshed and pinned or metal lath?
Thanks
Metal lath would be screwed to existing render then base coat and top coat or another way is to roll mesh into the base coat then drill plugs in to hold it on but as said best getting it stripped back.

I f
Painter just let me know he don't need me in a few weeks time because the guy he said leaves a right mess every where and has to sand plaster down after when he's finished can do it next week
I asked him if he's s**t and charging roughly the same as me why are you having him do it..
His answer was "he can do it next week'
I give up

If that's what a trade thinks sod knows how the public think.
i find most builders are the worst for cutting corners, you tell them it has to be done this way. And they say can't we do it this way it will save use some money. Wouldn't cut corners for anyone now, I don't need to but there's plenty out there what will , mostly for beer tokens

I f

i find most builders are the worst for cutting corners, you tell them it has to be done this way. And they say can't we do it this way it will save use some money. Wouldn't cut corners for anyone now, I don't need to but there's plenty out there what will , mostly for beer tokens
Ive lost count we've pulled builders out of the s**t leeroy..thing Is there get all credit at the end