External painted render in sunlight

Builders are not loyal anymore mate 15 years ago most builders stuck with their tradesman but now it is about how much and how fast they can make it pay
This 100% there is no loyalty these days it's all about the ££. A good so called mate of mines got a squad in to k-rend a garage he built because they were £400 cheaper than me. It's a f**k**g mess, beads well off the level and reveals not rubbed. Client hasn't paid for the render yet and this was before christmas, asked if I could go back and fix it so he could get paid. Answer was no, I'm not touching it. I was doing the plastering inside when they came out to scratch it and knew it was going to be a riot, kept my mouth shut but he made his bed..

This 100% there is no loyalty these days it's all about the ££. A good so called mate of mines got a squad in to k-rend a garage he built because they were £400 cheaper than me. It's a f**k**g mess, beads well off the level and reveals not rubbed. Client hasn't paid for the render yet and this was before christmas, asked if I could go back and fix it so he could get paid. Answer was no, I'm not touching it. I was doing the plastering inside when they came out to scratch it and knew it was going to be a riot, kept my mouth shut but he made his bed..
That's shocking and we keep on hearing story's like this

I have around 4/5 builders that I work for regually
I think I charge a fair rate and they don't use anyone else
Unfortunally money talks

that's what some need to be hit where it hurts .and that's in the pocket and rep

Hi,

Recently had our house rendered onto new breeze blocks so the surface to render onto was new! However when the sunlight shines on the render (or lighting is switched on outside), you can see visible uneven areas that look worse in some areas.
The front looks the worse as a scaffolding frame on wheels was used and moved along as the builder rendered. The front was done in stages rather than one go; therefore it was done with different mixes.
However the side of the house was much better as a full length free standing scaffolding frame was used.
It was in the summer when it got rendered so the sun was on it and as a result there are also some small cracks that have had to be filled!
The render said he would do the front of the house again after we complained (he could also see the faults) but we decided to just get it painted and see if that helped.
In normal light it doesn't look too bad but when lit up or in sunlight it looks terrible in some areas!
Any ideas?

The next plasterer you use should definitely get a 'full' scaffold put up.

You 'can' re-render over the painted finish if the surface is prepped bu using a smallish angle grinder to cut a cross-hatch pattern accross the whole surface (tiresome I know but worth it) then use a bonding agent of your choice before the re-render. Make sure your plasterer is aware that you only get a 'good' result by using a straight-edge on the 1st coat to get the wall 'flat' so that the 2nd coat can be applied like a 'finish' coat and rubbed up to look really good :)

Why do builders try..i would never lay a brick
Bricklayers lay bricks do they not? I would say 'builder' is a word loosely used to describe a guy who runs a firm that builds houses.
The trouble here is you only hear about the bad stories!
I am a bricklayer 'builder' so to speak but we have a couple of plasterers in just now helping us finish a job and I'm paying them £12m2 for ceilings and £10m2 walls all onto plasterboard.

Not all 'builders' are cnuts.. Just the ones you hear about..

Bricklayers lay bricks do they not? I would say 'builder' is a word loosely used to describe a guy who runs a firm that builds houses.
I am a bricklayer 'builder' so to speak but we have a couple of plasterers in just now helping us finish a job and I'm paying them £12m2 for ceilings and £10m2 walls all onto plasterboard.

Those prices are more like it!

I know..
You know what I mean though..
To take on that render when it looks like that is like me saying I would build an extension,I wouldn't even try.

Nice to see you pay a decent price.

@Kitchy :LOL: