600sqm skim required, Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
andy just wants prices ???????
Well here's three Andy, £245, £390 and £750. Don't forget that dearest is not necessarily the best and is definatly not the cheapest.

I've got thousands of other prices if you want some :RpS_thumbup:

Eddie could you lend me some bigger prices than those please, I really don't like them with less than four figures, preferably five.

Are you still lookin for a plasterer

98979338-33DA-4F97-8F04E53634727235_zps1ef18644.png

Last edited:
I do not want cheap! I want very good at a fair rate.

I know brickies that are just as skilled at £125 per day as some that are effectively charge out at £225 per day. It doesn't mean to say the more expensive one will be any better.

i am not to surprised at these rates of pay. ipswich is generally a down market place. unlike the rest of suffolk which is a very nice county.

hi muncher i have sent you an email im from norfolk contact me 07833571046

I'm in need of a good plasterer to plaster my house, probably starting in around 6-8 weeks time hopefully.

Ceilings - 211.81 sqm
Upstairs Walls - 226 sqm
Downstairs Walls - 154.94 sqm

We will be plasterboarding all the walls and ceilings ourself and applying edging.

So we are looking for a price for a plasterer to come in and skim the lot, supplying his own plaster.

A price per square meter or for the job as a whole would be good. The house will empty with facilities supplied.

Feel free to post on here or PM me.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I live not far from ipswich and i can safely say you will not get a plasterer at £125 per day, well not a very good one.

Im currently having my house rendered and just for labour im paying £200 per day, i could get it done for maybe £175 a day but it may or may not look as nice.

That why i quit being a plasterer as some reason the public thought plasteres should not earn the same amount as a plumber, i never see a sweaty plumber when i was on site though :)

I live not far from ipswich and i can safely say you will not get a plasterer at £125 per day, well not a very good one.

Im currently having my house rendered and just for labour im paying £200 per day, i could get it done for maybe £175 a day but it may or may not look as nice.

That why i quit being a plasterer as some reason the public thought plasteres should not earn the same amount as a plumber, i never see a sweaty plumber when i was on site though :)
I have seen a sweaty plumber a few times ! generally when they think they have lost a fiver !!!!!!!!

Thanks guys for the offers, I think I have found someone, they are doing a first room or two starting tomorrow, (smaller less visible rooms) so we will see what the quality of work is like and take it from there.

Thanks guys for the offers, I think I have found someone, they are doing a first room or two starting tomorrow, (smaller less visible rooms) so we will see what the quality of work is like and take it from there.

:rolleyes)

Been a good laugh this thread, i bet munchkins bulling :RpS_thumbdn:

hi,

i'm in need of a good plasterer to plaster my house, probably starting in around 6-8 weeks time hopefully.

Ceilings - 211.81 sqm
upstairs walls - 226 sqm
downstairs walls - 154.94 sqm

we will be plasterboarding all the walls and ceilings ourself and applying edging.

So we are looking for a price for a plasterer to come in and skim the lot, supplying his own plaster.

A price per square meter or for the job as a whole would be good. The house will empty with facilities supplied.

Feel free to post on here or pm me.

Thanks

thanks guys for the offers, i think i have found someone, they are doing a first room or two starting tomorrow, (smaller less visible rooms) so we will see what the quality of work is like and take it from there.

wtf?????

You posted this thread on the 21st OF MAY LAST YEAR!!!

Last edited:

So in other words you picked the cheapest price you got! Haha hope he's shite and you get what you deserve!

plenty of fck abouts in the plastering game

So in other words you picked the cheapest price you got! Haha hope he's shite and you get what you deserve!

plenty of fck abouts in the plastering game

It wasn't the cheapest quote, but someone local, through a family friend who I liked what he had to say and whose pattern of working suited our schedule.

I will see what the finish is like tomorrow!

What are you going to do if you think its sh1t and and what makes you a good judge of peoples work:RpS_confused:

What are you going to do if you think its sh1t and and what makes you a good judge of peoples work:RpS_confused:

If it's **** he won't do any more and I would get those parts redone if they were that bad.

If it's flat and smooth with no defects that's good enough for me, surely it only requires eyesite to determine that!

If it's **** he won't do any more and I would get those parts redone if they were that bad.

If it's flat and smooth with no defects that's good enough for me, surely it only requires eyesite to determine that!

If its **** munch, get someone off here to do it......oh wait. :RpS_w00t:

Ok I have seen it and the finish is not at all good enough, I'm not being picky but there are gauges, screws showing, scrim tape showing, corners not sharp. I think it will have to be done again.

Theres probably 30+ defects in 2 rooms...

Ok I have seen it and the finish is not at all good enough, I'm not being picky but there are gauges, screws showing, scrim tape showing, corners not sharp. I think it will have to be done again.

Hate to say it muncher!

you get all the spreads on here and the other forum to give you price psm and then go with a family friend who was probably doing it on the cheap...

Yes but apart from all that is it flat and smooth? :RpS_blink:

The annoying thing is he is probably capable of doing a good job if he didn't make all these stupid mistakes. I will post some photos later, I think those 2 rooms will need to be redone.

The annoying thing is he is probably capable of doing a good job if he didn't make all these stupid mistakes. I will post some photos later, I think those 2 rooms will need to be redone.
Forget it ,if he is leaving a job like that he certainly isn't capable of doing a good job. Stop trying to do things on the cheep and pay a tradesman to do it .Get it right the first time .Like many things in life if you want quality my friend then you have to be prepared to pay for it.I bet you not skimping on the fixtures and fittings.

REf the screws showing Who did the boarding ? and if the screws are showing i would imagine he would of damaged his trowel and so you would have tram lines all over the wall.

REf the screws showing Who did the boarding ? and if the screws are showing i would imagine he would of damaged his trowel and so you would have tram lines all over the wall.

Down to muncher the boarding, however I have never skimmed a wall I haven't prepped properly ie scrap,tape,bead and countersink !!!

fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Down to muncher the boarding, however I have never skimmed a wall I haven't prepped properly ie scrap,tape,bead and countersink !!!

fail to prepare, prepare to fail
I hear ya, was merely suggesting in a veiled way that maybe he should of got someone who knew what they were doing from the off set to do boarding and skimming. Personally if i had got there and screw heads where protruding i would of called whoever borded it gave them a pozi driver and said sort that so i can start please !

We specifically asked if all the screws were ok and we were told they were fine. The odd few that obviously weren't countersunk sufficiently I don't know why he didn't nip them up a little bit further if he felt he needed to.

A crap job is a crap job regardless of what you pay for it.

Last edited:
@Muncher agree with your last sentence thats why when you get recomendations from people you need to know what the standards of the recomender are your idea of a good job and theirs could be a totally different thing !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.