600sqm skim required, Ipswich

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muncher

Hi,

I'm in need of a good plasterer to plaster my house, probably starting in around 6-8 weeks time hopefully.

Ceilings - 211.81 sqm
Upstairs Walls - 226 sqm
Downstairs Walls - 154.94 sqm

We will be plasterboarding all the walls and ceilings ourself and applying edging.

So we are looking for a price for a plasterer to come in and skim the lot, supplying his own plaster.

A price per square meter or for the job as a whole would be good. The house will empty with facilities supplied.

Feel free to post on here or PM me.

Thanks

Plasterer will probably charge you less if you let him put up the edgings himself.

Alsowhen you say there are 211.81 m2 on the ceilings, have you allowed for coving. If you havnt there will be less than 211.81 m2 to be skimmed :RpS_thumbup:

Plasterer will probably charge you less if you let him put up the edgings himself.

Alsowhen you say there are 211.81 m2 on the ceilings, have you allowed for coving. If you havnt there will be less than 211.81 m2 to be skimmed :RpS_thumbup:

Don't forget to take out the thickness of the internal walls from the measure too and the area of the ceiling roses and sockets.

My mobile number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX give a call to your job in more detail,thanks liam

We aim to beat any genuine quote, thanks liam

You cheeky tw^t, been lurking about in the background with nothing to say, but happy to swoop in for some work. You ain't even in business - or at least that mobile number isn't registered to a business.................

You cheeky tw^t, been lurking about in the background with nothing to say, but happy to swoop in for some work. You ain't even in business - or at least that mobile number isn't registered to a business.................

always happens on here tho doesnt it, someone posts a project up and half a dozen crawl out.

you can forsee the boarding being a bodge, just get the plasterer to do the lot wouldnt you.

you can forsee the boarding being a bodge, just get the plasterer to do the lot wouldnt you.

If I don't think I could do a good job of it, or having started it I didn't think it was up to scratch I would. Gibbo, I will give you a call.

If I don't think I could do a good job of it, or having started it I didn't think it was up to scratch I would. Gibbo, I will give you a call.

how would you know if youd done a good job of it, you wouldnt know what an acceptable standard that a plasterer would require, that was only my point

Just get gary to do the boarding aswell. Ive been to quite a few jobs which i have been told the boarding will already be done which the home owners have done and have been horrible. It makes our job harder and it never looks as good as i could have.

how would you know if youd done a good job of it, you wouldnt know what an acceptable standard that a plasterer would require, that was only my point
well now you know why they call it silly suffolk !

I take your point but we would get the person who was due to plaster it to look at a room or a wall before we continued to check it was ok. I wouldn't do the whole house and then check whether it was good enough.

I will give you a call today when I get some time.

In terms of board and adhesive, what should I be looking to pay? The best price I have got so far is £1.73 per square meter for the board which I think is about right and £7 per bag for the adhesive, which I haven't checked the price of yet.

Half of the job is the existing house, which is back to brick. All the lathe and plaster ceilings are removed and the plaster on the walls (1927 house) was very crumbly, so again was removed. The other half of the house is new blockwork.

581186_10151722209350201_506935200_24546407_567131828_n.jpg
581186_10151722209390201_506935200_24546409_1169501224_n.jpg 581186_10151722209360201_506935200_24546408_2014952552_n.jpg

Hi Muncher if you're still interested in a price either give me a ring or email, both contact details can be found on our website (link at the bottom of this post).

only up the road from you muncher , guaranteed cheapest price, just need my air flight,baggage allowance,hotel ,van hire, meals paid for ,meals and expenses on night for me and my labourer , otherwise okeley dokely pig in a pokery will start, and of course return flights back up north, all best hector

I'm still looking for someone by the way, probably to start in around 3 weeks time. No real time pressure to complete the job, I would rather be flexible to achieve a better price and finish. Meters confirmed by one plasterer who came to measure up at 584sqm.I will also supply all the materials but allow the plasterer to doing their own beading. The prices I have received for meter rates seem to be varying quite wildly, by as much as 100%!

I'm still looking for someone by the way, probably to start in around 3 weeks time. No real time pressure to complete the job, I would rather be flexible to achieve a better price and finish. Meters confirmed by one plasterer who came to measure up at 584sqm.I will also supply all the materials but allow the plasterer to doing their own beading. The prices I have received for meter rates seem to be varying quite wildly, by as much as 100%!

Yeah that will be chancer/doley vs proper spread, be carful, gibbo was ya man for sure

Lol those boards are gonna need a good pva. Ibthink you might be looking for the cheapest no?

Status
Not open for further replies.