600sqm skim required, Ipswich

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like your spending some money on this property butt muncher!
Expensive taps, sanitary wear etc,
but you want cheap quotes on the plastering!
f.cukin typical :RpS_cursing: lol

Well you get what you pay for!!
See Dannymac's photo thread here for the standard you are looking for :RpS_unsure:

Link >>http://www.plasterersforum.com/general-discussions-plastering/46935-my-eyes-theyre-burning.html

I do not want cheap! I want very good at a fair rate.

I know brickies that are just as skilled at £125 per day as some that are effectively charge out at £225 per day. It doesn't mean to say the more expensive one will be any better.

Right muncher i feel sorry for u, u may be a fair drive a way but am willing to contact u and arange to complete ur job if u still need it doing after all this time, to a very high standard with a quick turn over. Alls am asking is the site is ready for me and my team ie all first fixed ect, door caseings and cables in the right place. If were going to do it we will do it my way, no corners cut, no negotion on the price as am genuine, reliable and a very competant tradesman. I can polish a turd but would prefere to do it the right way. Ill email u my details cheers...

I know brickies that are just as skilled at £125 per day as some that are effectively charge out at £225 per day. It doesn't mean to say the more expensive one will be any better.

Lol you don't need to tell me that munchkin.

I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon enough, plenty of decent blokes on here :RpS_thumbup:

Failing that get the brickie to do it, lol :RpS_thumbup:

Don't you just love it when members of the public, or 'fucktards' as I like to call them, have a go at the boarding to try and save a few pounds.
Did you learn how to fix those boards from one of the leaflets by the checkout at B&Q?

Don't you just love it when members of the public, or 'fucktards' as I like to call them, have a go at the boarding to try and save a few pounds.
Did you learn how to fix those boards from one of the leaflets by the checkout at B&Q?

Everything is a learning curve, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try and learn how to do it. Some more boards have gone up already, hopefully they will meet with your approval!

Bar the tiles on the roof, the brickwork and screeding we have done almost everything else ourselves and done a pretty decent job of it. I could have easily spent another £100,000 in labour if I had got someone in to do everything.

I could have easily spent another £100,000 in labour if I had got someone in to do everything.

So you saved £100k by doing work yourself?
There is a lot of bullshit on this forum, and at the moment, most of it is in the sentence quoted above.

So you saved £100k by doing work yourself?
There is a lot of bullshit on this forum, and at the moment, most of it is in the sentence quoted above.

The most part of the £100k is labour, but there is an element of savings being made by sourcing materials myself, doing deals and not having to have things ready for when a trade would want to do them, we can be more flexible. We are roughly £100k better off than if we had paid the price our QS said it would cost, and with a higher spec than he was allowing for.

So your saying trades should work for 125 a day. Y? Because you say so. Go n get bent you f ing half brain. Most trades are self employed these days because that's the way things are are and only work for 125 aday because they have no choice because bell ends have the cheek to tell them how much they are worth. It's attitude like that that has got a big % of trades on there knees. 125 aday less 20% 100 aday less sum fuel less bait for holidays because we dnt get them less expenses on tools less some time off because of lack of continuity of work less the citb levy every **** charges you all though we have nothing to do with the scheme and never received any training of them oh yeah and retention s you never get back regardless oh and 10 a week admin fee some charge to pay you your wages and one firm had the cheek to deduct a % for main contractors discount what ever that is . Jesus tell you what ill give you 125 aday so I come cum do your house . Or you could just get a spoon and eat my fcking arse.

Someone has clearly had a bad day.

Since when did I say I was stipulating £125 per day?

In any case £125 per day, assuming you work 260 days a year is £32,500 per annum gross. That's well above the average wage (£26,500), not to mention a lot of work in this sector may not always be fully disclosed to HMRC and you always get the opportunity to do an extra day on a weekend.

Dnt even know what I'm debating for its clear that's all we are worth because any one can do it. Even you. So why pay a skilled tradesman who spent 4/5 years on shite money learning his trade .

Still £30k with 25 days off.

Have you seen the cost of living?
A tradesman needs a grand a week to run a small business and have a reasonable living standard.
How else am I going to have a new VW van every 3 years?
I bet you earn more than £30k a year you ****.

Anyway, why are you online? Shouldn't you be drilling some holes for the plumber or collecting the electricians tail offcuts to weigh in at the scrapyard?

Last edited:
Still £30k with 25 days off.

That's if you get work all year!
So at the rate you are saying, minus tax & overheads etc prob left with £10,000 for a years work for a professional tradesman!!
yeah ok Munchykins.

Think your on the wind up Munchy :RpS_sneaky:

You've not got a clue what your saying or doing lol.

And then fill in with a piece of board at the bottom? The ceilings downstairs are around 2.8m, so that's going to take a much larger piece of board. It's easier for me to rig up a temporary tap up there than it is to trail a hose pipe from downstairs.

Spanky - The only bathroom furniture which is fixed are 2 shower trays which can be covered (the plumber insisted on that for sealing purposes)
, everything else can be moved out of the rooms, I don't expect (or want) people to work around things.

Was your plumber due a cheque when he told u the bathroom fixtures had to be fitted for sealing purposes by any chance? and behind the shower tray i cannot tell properly have u fitted cement board or at very least aqua panel ? if you are fitting tiles or wet wall in the shower area it is considered best practice for these to be fitted behind the shower tray. This is to help prevent possible seal failure where the tray meets the decorative finish which can occur as people enter and exit the shower if the finish is on top of the tray. ie the tray will fall and rise due to load.

The plumber is my brother in law, aqua panel is fitted to the floor and sealed with silicone at 2 levels.

Rightly or wrongly I pay £120 for brickies, £130 for an outstanding carpenter, £125 for a roofer. These are the kind of rates being paid around here. That is clearly the market rate.

Don't compare us to brickies, chippys & roofers ffs lol. :RpS_biggrin:

Anyway good luck Paul & i'm sure you & Danielle will find a plasterer soon enough keep us posted :RpS_thumbup:

Well I offered to go up and give him a price but said I don't aim to be the cheapest. I also pointed out that the boarding wasn't being done correctly and advised that he got someone that knows what they're talking about to give him some pointers if he doesn't want me to pop up.
I've not heard back.

The plumber is my brother in law, aqua panel is fitted to the floor and sealed with silicone at 2 levels.

Rightly or wrongly I pay £120 for brickies, £130 for an outstanding carpenter, £125 for a roofer. These are the kind of rates being paid around here. That is clearly the market rate.

wad that cash noone would work for that direct

My mrs is Polish but she says she wouldn't work for them Romanian prices

Someone has clearly had a bad day.

Since when did I say I was stipulating £125 per day?

In any case £125 per day, assuming you work 260 days a year is £32,500 per annum gross. That's well above the average wage (£26,500), not to mention a lot of work in this sector may not always be fully disclosed to HMRC and you always get the opportunity to do an extra day on a weekend.
why are u looking for prices if u just want to pay day work

Well I offered to go up and give him a price but said I don't aim to be the cheapest. I also pointed out that the boarding wasn't being done correctly and advised that he got someone that knows what they're talking about to give him some pointers if he doesn't want me to pop up.
I've not heard back.
Ditto on that, sent e-mail no reply, obviously doesn't want it plastered lol

he's just after prices

andy just wants prices ???????
Well here's three Andy, £245, £390 and £750. Don't forget that dearest is not necessarily the best and is definatly not the cheapest.

I've got thousands of other prices if you want some :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.